Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Racer1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I called a number I Googled yesterday on a Paul Stephen Webster and it reached a coffee shop. The guy said people had been calling that number looking for Paul Webster for a while. Could have been him or could have been an actual coffee shop. I did talk to Paul once on the phone at his now disconnected cell number but could not put the two voices together.

Good work guys...keep the heat on!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lewis may be correct. The individual who's info you have posted has no criminal record...be careful with assumptions.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lewis if it is identity theft, it will soon be learned, because I have reported this information to the FBI and Local police dept in Ft. Myers. While it is possible, it kinda of seems unlikely with the check that I have already been doing on him. If it were me, I would certainly like to find out who has taken my identity and it will be shot anyways. I have waited long enough holding this guys information giving the guy a chance to make things good. Any info will help.

When Ronald Reagan was president, we had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.
Now that Barack Obama is president, we have NO hope and NO cash.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ltppowell

What are you talking about, this guy was arrested 01/12/1998 for an offense commited on 01/13/1992 and the case was dropped for some reason by the Leon Circuit Court.

Please get your facts straight also before posting.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Racer1
This guy has almost $10,000 of your fellow forum members' money. Any help would be appreciated.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Paul Webster is a pretty common name. I will (can) not elaborate, but my facts are "straight". It may or may not be your guy. I would suggest you proceed with caution.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Has anyone tried to establish any familial connections? Relatives, especially the in-laws, will often rat someone out. Also, has anyone been able to determine when and where the checks or money orders were cashed/deposited?

Last edited by hillbillybear; 10/23/07.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Paul Webster is a pretty common name. I will (can) not elaborate, but my facts are "straight". It may or may not be your guy. I would suggest you proceed with caution.

Paul Stephen Webster

R
Racer1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I believe all were cashed or deposited at a Wachovia Bank. The checks were processed through their central processing facility in Orlando. However, we dont't know (yet) which branch(es) were used to deposit or cash the checks and money orders.

I also found references to KeezParrot on photography web sites. It seems he is in to photography as well as books. Also found a reference on a motorcycle site but the site is not in operation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOW777
ltppowell

What are you talking about, this guy was arrested 01/12/1998 for an offense commited on 01/13/1992 and the case was dropped for some reason by the Leon Circuit Court.

There is a person in South Florida with my exact name - first, middle and last, who has been committing crimes since at least 1981. That guy caused a NIC handgun check to reject once and a police officer in Idaho to get really, really excited when he called in my Idaho driver's license once. Only when he verified via my SSAN did he discover it was a different person.

So you do have to be very, very sure who you're talking about.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Racer1
I believe all were cashed or deposited at a Wachovia Bank. The checks were processed through their central processing facility in Orlando. However, we dont't know (yet) which branch(es) were used to deposit or cash the checks and money orders.

I also found references to KeezParrot on photography web sites. It seems he is in to photography as well as books. Also found a reference on a motorcycle site but the site is not in operation.

You have notified Wachovia Security haven't you?

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Considering there have only been 3 Paul Websters (3 different middle initials) in Lee County in the last 30 years, it's not that common. I threw the hit on a Stephen Paul Webster out there just in case the guy was playing games with his first and last name, which is a VERY common ploy by con artists. The chances of there being more than one Paul Stephen Webster in Lee County are not that high unless it's a family name and one's the father. Lee county just isn't that populated.

Not to mention, my finding of a Paul Stephen Webster in the mid 80's using a dba as a hunting guide service dove tails with the info the other guy found on him acting as a tour guide in the Keys AND the (alleged) fraudulent sale of the said firearms. That leads me to believe it may indeed be his real name.

Secondly, this information is all public information, if it's the wrong guy, it will come out in the wash.

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by BOW777
ltppowell

There is a person in South Florida with my exact name - first, middle and last, who has been committing crimes since at least 1981. That guy caused a NIC handgun check to reject once and a police officer in Idaho to get really, really excited when he called in my Idaho driver's license once. Only when he verified via my SSAN did he discover it was a different person.

So you do have to be very, very sure who you're talking about.

It's one thing to have two people with the same name in two states. It's a completely different thing with two people with the same name in one small county. Especially in South Florida where after you discount the Hispanic names, black names and Jewish names, you're left with 50* white guys in the county and a less than common name.

Bottom line. You have to be careful with assumptions, but you can piece the puzzle together with the pieces that fit.

*exaggeration of humorous intent.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just on the side of caution, I have removed some of the personal info on the guy but if someone needs all the info for pertinent reasons, please contact me and I will gladly provide it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Something you folks might want to understand, those of us who got scammed have been working on this for a month now behind the scenes for the very reason we didn't want to blast this guy in public until we were PDS (Pretty Damn Sure). We have been doing research via phone calls, internet searches, accessing public online records and such.

It IS time to out this guy and seek the help and assistance of our campfire friends.

Gary

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Between this scumbag and the horse that was shot on another thread I'm at a loss for words.

I hope you fellas get this con-man and get him good.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune's.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In the old days it would be cloud of dust that let the guy know the posse was on his trail.

Now it's just electrons! go figure

either way I hope you boys get your man and he ends up swinging from a high tree with a short rope.

I'm kinda far away to be much help, good luck though.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Note to self. NEVER jerk the boys on 24 Hour around. Could be hazardous to one's health.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Folks, I have read only the first page on this, but it you ae ever over at www.gunboards.com, they have a guy there that has been doing the same thing, out of FT. MEYERS, and his screenname is David Sands over there.............

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
R
Racer1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Here is some additional from a member of The High Road. Since this could have negtive implications on anyone who frequents any gun board I really do appreciate the brotherly spirit from other boards.

I ran a zabbasearch on him and came up with this..
PAUL S WEBSTER More Information on PAUL S WEBSTER
5596 AVENIDA PESCADORA Map It Recorded: 03/01/2006 PAUL S WEBSTER business listings Check Yellow Pages
FORT MYERS BEACH, FL 33931 (239) 463-7653

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

398 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,724 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,411
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.