Hop To
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by Backroads
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Backroads
Almost as sporting as pen raised poultry hunting.

You missed the point, it wasn’t sporting, it was sitting in a tree…

I was poking fun at battue

Good one!!!!😉😀 However, in my defense they were all airborne and had an English Cocker on their asss giving them no other choice. 👍🏻

Your problem is that you think only in the manner in which you engage bird hunting, If you don't hunt with a bird dog and a well used model 12, you do look down your nose at other means of taking birds.

I happen to hunt them differently, but the chance of filming a wing shot is impossible because we are hunting birds and when they fly, we are shooting at them. The rare occasion one gets away and lands in a tree, we shoot them.

I like old guns and don't really care what you think, it is always you that is critical. Then align yourself with Comooglia is a real feather in your cap. You can hunt with your dogs and model 12's and you won't see me criticize you, but you are a real bird snob and your way isn't the only way.

Besides, I love old guns and still shoot my share of grouse flying and landing in trees with them. Good luck outshooting me with these old guns. Another thing, this is what my goal is and you can't eat anything you don't shoot....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I had decided to pass you by in the future. No sense in you and I going at it over and over. However, you had to post your smart azz video,which was meant to be a slam on those of us who don’t care to shoot them out of trees. And you know it.

So from here, you became fair game again. And you made it an easy target.

I also know your Ruffed Grouse are different than ours who only rarely wait around to be shot.

I also can appreciate some of your older guns. You come up with some nice and different examples. I’m also fond of Parker’s and recently some great shotguns from the UK, Germany and Scotland.

The snack looks good. If deep fried, it is my favorite Pheasant prep.

Addition: As far as aligning with Rick…guilty. He has proven himself, in elite competition, both with rifles and shotguns. Never personally met him, however others I know speak well of him.

Last edited by battue; 01/20/23.

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
George,

I'm sure you now realize you and your friends who hunt S.D., according to Magnum Bob, are well heeled non-residents supporting that "big business" farmer whose land you hunt on. Along with propping up the State coffers. I thought your hunting license dollars went to and benefited the S.D. Game and Fish Commission? I guess none of it benefited resident hunters and fisherman????? And you guys are taking Birds and making it hard for residents to be successful.

I spent 15 days there last year hunting public and section lines. Along with one farm who belongs to an individual who welcomes us and has become a friend over the last four years. Last year I didn't cross paths with 10 hunters in the entire 15 days. In addition, after being given an education by some experienced hunters, it isn't rare to see 100-200 Wild Birds a day on open public land. Sooo, for MB here is a couple pics of Birds he seems to have trouble finding...

This was a nasty day...15-20F and 30 MPH wind...Never crossed paths with a Resident or Non-Resident. No Model 12, and hope it redeems me for the times I went to the preserve.

No Model 12:

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Model 12:

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

If it wasn't for the humor, there would be no reason to show up....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I mean, I would have at least flushed it from the tree.
😁

Maybe shrappy is poor and that’s the only way food gets on the table? In that case, like I’ve said, I’d be doing the same.

Besides being in the field, working with your dog and best friend, a lot of the fun in bird hunting for me is the wing shooting.

“Pot shooting” birds of any kind is slob hunting AFAIC and if I see someone do it, it puts a damper on the outing for me. I would rather not associate with those who do it. It’s really an integrity thing.

Pretty much like dicks who steal game cameras or SD cards from them.

Any moron can shoot stationary targets with a shotgun as evidenced. 😂

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
You bird hunters are some of the most arrogant persnickety little biatches I've ever seen. Jesus.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
😁

Maybe shrappy is poor and that’s the only way food gets on the table? In that case, like I’ve said, I’d be doing the same.

Besides being in the field, working with your dog and best friend, a lot of the fun in bird hunting for me is the wing shooting.

“Pot shooting” birds of any kind is slob hunting AFAIC and if I see someone do it, it puts a damper on the outing for me. I would rather not associate with those who do it. It’s really an integrity thing.

I couldn't imagine being so sensitive that my whole outing would be ruined by someone killing a bird on the ground or in a tree! LOL!

Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
You bird hunters are some of the most arrogant persnickety little biatches I've ever seen. Jesus.

It's comical!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
😁

I couldn't imagine being so sensitive that my whole outing would be ruined by someone killing a bird on the ground or in a tree! LOL!

It's comical!

Do either of you bird hunt? Duck hunt?

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The only sitting ducks rcamuglia shoots, he shoots on the 24hourcampfire.

-Bohn Jurns

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I mean if you’re an uncoordinated doofus and suck so much that you can’t hit [bleep] that’s flying and ground slooshing is your only option, maybe practice a little?

I’m guessing you practice with a rifle or pistol?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I mean if you’re an uncoordinated doofus and suck so much that you can’t hit [bleep] that’s flying and ground slooshing is your only option, maybe practice a little?

Was this directed at me, err I mean Bohn Jurns?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston

The two ground-slooshers above. 😂

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston

The two ground-slooshers above. 😂

Ok, but just for the record, the only sitting ducks Bohn Jurns shoots are also on the 24hourcampfire.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You being a Mainer I'm sure you have seen comical....Up in the North Woods, kids barreling down the road and they see a Grouse. The brakes come on, the dust flies and they jump out and shoot or stand there and yell trying to get the Bird to fly. Back in the car, hit the gas and down the road looking for another opportunity. If you want to call it hunting, it's your hunt. But I do find it comical.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
😁

It's comical!

I do some grouse and ptarmigan hunting, both with shotguns and .22s. I haven't duck hunted in about 30yrs but will be again this fall. Shooting ducks on the water was never my thing, they seemed harder to kill that way. Shooting grouse and ptarmigan on the ground or trees is no big deal to me. I'm not a whiner with some sort of superiority complex that gets my panties wadded up though. If it's legal and safe, do whatever you want.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You being a Mainer I'm sure you have seen comical....Up in the North Woods, kids barreling down the road and they see a Grouse. The brakes come on, the dust flies and they jump out and shoot or stand there and yell trying to get the Bird to fly. Back in the car, hit the gas and down the road looking for another opportunity. If you want to call it hunting, it's your hunt. But I do find it comical.

Road hunting in the North woods is standard fare. Those fellas aren't killing grouse though, that's too fancy. They're killing partridge if you ask them. I grew up hunting old grown up apple orchards in Downeast Maine.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
😁

It's comical!

Not as much as I'd like but yes to both.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Seems as if more than a few have lost the ability....and now think it unethical for others to do so....to shoot at running Deer. Perhaps they also are Bird hunters? grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'll bet they're catch and release fly fisherman too. Harassing fish for fun, then turning them loose to torture them again later.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr

I'll bet they're catch and release fly fisherman too. Harassing fish for fun, then turning them loose to torture them again later.

How dare they!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Seems as if more than a few have lost the ability....and now think it unethical for others to do so....to shoot at running Deer. Perhaps they also are Bird hunters? grin

More deadly irony.

LOL

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 2,626 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,631
Posts18,474,330
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.