Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Ironic: Hornady bullets replacing Partitions now. It was a Hornady bullet failure that prompted John Nosler to design his iconic bullet.

Not likely an interlock. After 70 years, I think Hornady bullets are just a tad better now. What's fu cking Nosler is his offspring. Woke offspring wanting more money. It is not going to end well for them. Bend is aiken to California now, as they have many many Californians that have moved in. Their demise is on them, not John Nosler. RIP..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
...is this a bad time to remember that Hornady was apparently in love with the vaccine mandates?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They make platinum-dipped coat hangers!!!!?

Gotta get me some.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
They make superfluous hyperbole. I'm a fan. Lol

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by beretzs
Ironic: Hornady bullets replacing Partitions now. It was a Hornady bullet failure that prompted John Nosler to design his iconic bullet.

I never knew it was a Hornady.. not doubting, just never read anything that said that. I didn’t think Hornadys were around till years after the PTs were around.
It was a Hornady that blew up in the shoulder.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by beretzs

I never knew it was a Hornady.. not doubting, just never read anything that said that. I didn’t think Hornadys were around till years after the PTs were around.
It was a Hornady that blew up in the shoulder.

Thanks buddy. I never knew that. I’d always assumed it was a WW or RP bullet.

Semper Fi
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I've had zero Nosler bullets delivered in the last 3 years. Hornady on the other hand, a couple thousand in the same time period.

Last edited by dye7barrel; 08/26/22.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
So they cost 2 bucks each ? Who cares ? Not for hunting woodchucks. Check sight in and kill animal --- 5 rounds.

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
...is this a bad time to remember that Hornady was apparently in love with the vaccine mandates?

Don't have to remember, I never forgot.
First thing to come to mind when the Hornady love fest started.

Darn shame too.

Sierra has gotten awfully proud of their common hunting bullets also.

Up the pole.
It's not about affording them, it is about spreading your cheeks
when the rainbow flag parade goes by.

Some, might get in in the end. But they aren't volunteering.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 08/26/22.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe Nosler has produced some of the finest bullets ever made available, but some of the "worst" will get the job done just as well in many situations (based on paying attention to others' experiences...my own kills have been with Nosler almost exclusively but I am open minded enough).

They'd best get their shit together or they'll be hsitory.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Touché my Man, well played.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think it’s conceivable Nosler’s prices are possibly being affected by rising costs at all stages of production and shipping,

Been to a grocery store lately?

Hornady may be next.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is no doubt rising prices for raw materials is affecting a lot of companies right now, including bullet companies. I have heard that lead is up over 200% and copper is up about the same in the last couple years. No company can absorb that kind of cost without raising their prices or closing the doors. Keeping employees these days also means offering more competitive salaries, benefits, and other allowances, which all cost money.

However, it seems the door has swung a bit too far to the high side . I'm convinced there is an awful lot of price gouging going on these days no matter if it is bullets, powder, or lumber... one of the reasons I started trying the Accubonds was due to the substantially lower price. I wanted to try the Ballistic Tip hunting but I just couldn't convince myself to use them on elk. Once I started looking at the Accubonds and found they were a bonded bullet (duhh), I tried them and the accuracy I always look for first was there and the BC was up to a decent standard so I bought several boxes in different calibers.

The other reason I stick with Nosler is that I have had a couple failures with Hornady Spire Point bullets- not the interlock, which I have had pretty fair success with. The Accubonds have recently taken a jump in price also, but I have enough to last me a while and I hope this pricing contest goes away before I have to buy more...

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
It's your money. Use it as you see fit. I sold some of my last partitions at the clubs gunshow last Saturday. I think it was 150 .277 150gr. (maybe 153 pcs if I remember more correctly) partitions for $75... I still have a bunch of 150gr 7mm Partitions that I can burn up though. Won't be buying anymore Noslers after that. Don't expect prices to go down any at all on them either. You can mark my words. How many of you guys have even been to the Nosler store in Bend?? That's what I thought.. The last bull elk fell to Hornady interlock and TTSX. Both of which are far less expensive than the partitions these days.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
They're smoking a lot of dope over there in Bend OR evidently....

evidently they haven't heard there is a major recession going on in this country now...

Joe's not sending out anymore free money....

There are shortages on everything, to include jobs...

Guess their main clientele are all of these out of state Illegal dope growers, and then the Mexican ones ( cartels) and other foreigners
growing dope all over Oregon...

I'm an ex Nosler customer at this point...plain old Hornady 6.5 mm in 129 gr SP or 140 grain SP are working just fine for me...
at a much lower price point.... Speer even moreso.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Most assuredly it is Noslers fault dope became big in Oregon....and they sell all they can to the dopers and the Mexican cartel. Yea the cartel shooters love partitions. You need to go change a head casket. Tell me please...which machines do the cartel reloaders use? They go thru a lot of ammo, so it must be the best. laugh

No InState dope growers, they are all from somewhere else???? laugh laugh laugh

Last edited by battue; 08/27/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by UpThePole
So they cost 2 bucks each ? Who cares ? Not for hunting woodchucks. Check sight in and kill animal --- 5 rounds.

w/ a $0.22 bullet (currently $0.44) like the Speer GS, it allows one to work up good loads, shoot a lot, and Then go out and kill game w/ it.

Just know the performance envelope, as it is a little smaller then the NP.

GR

C
CP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have moved away from Nosler too. I feel they have priced their bullets far beyond what I consider to be fair market value. So, I have decided to work up loads using Barnes and Sierra Game Changers for all my rifles and put Nosler in my rear view mirror.

I am also with Ohio, it will take a good old fashion recession to cure the current indifferent attitude that many industries have towards their customers’ wants and needs. And-I believe this cure is going to happen in the not too distant future.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I got lucky a while back at a gun show. I was setting up my table when the guy next to me was setting up Guy was a lot older than me and seemed a bit feeble so I helped him get his stuff and put it on his table. He was just a reloader well stocked with bullets. He figured old age had caught up with him so wanted to sell out. He had mostly bullets and as we talked I saw he was getting tired and the show hadn't even opened up yet. Maybe a half hour before it opened. I asked what he would take for the whole batch of bullets and said $10 box. It took most of my working cash but well worth it. That stash will last a lot longer than me. Mostly .270, 7mm, and .308" bullets, roughly 5 to 7 boxes in each caliber in Nosler Partitions alone. Quite a bunch of Speer Hot Core and both versions of Grand Slams (Old and new style)as well. ai'll never run out as long as I live.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
As much of a Nosler homer that I’ve been, I transitioned to Hornady a few years ago. I’ve never even seen a 150 gr 7mm AccuBond but I can find 150 gr 7mm ELDX easily.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

54 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 11 invisible), 1,642 guests, and 751 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.