Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Toss the old bird off the end of the dock.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Sorry for the double post.

Last edited by WMR; 09/02/22.
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Just being a wild Alaskan?

“The code of the West”, so to speak? Will the same nonchalance apply if somebody up and kills her for endangering their life? I’d find that just as excusable.

Last edited by WMR; 09/02/22.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Some day she’ll go out to her boat slip and find her boat at the bottom of the bay.

I thought the same thing the other day. Anyone with a wetsuit, tank and regulator could easily slip in and remove the drain plug late at night. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
there might be some Federal laws broken by this nut case lady too ?

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by pete53
there might be some Federal laws broken by this nut case lady too ?

Hell…what isn’t against federal law? I’m sure that we’re all breaking some law right now.

Fu.ck the feds. Let them handle it locally. The federal government does nothing good for the citizens anymore they only seek to subjugate us and cause us to fear them. I’m sure that Alaskans can figure it out and deal with it without the federal government sending their cuckhold agents.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Like Father Like Daughter?

Clem Tillion, Marian Becks Father, served in the House and Senate for nearly 20 years. 

Tillion could be pushy, and a crafty and confounding opponent if you found yourself on the opposite side of an issue. A 1992 Anchorage Daily News profile referenced a bumper sticker that referred to Tillion as the “prince of darkness,” and featured a photo of him sitting on a bulldozer under the headline: “Get out of the way".

30 years later a new Alaskan bumper sticker is born...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
LOL

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Some day she’ll go out to her boat slip and find her boat at the bottom of the bay.

I thought the same thing the other day. Anyone with a wetsuit, tank and regulator could easily slip in and remove the drain plug late at night. 😁

First thing I thought as well. If I were the pilot I'd spend a fair sum to have someone dive in a sink that bitches boat. Get a new one....sink that [bleep] too. Rinse and repeat.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Ironbender: Unlike most folks "I" have actually written citations to both sea plane operators and boat operators.
That boat operator should be cited for reckless operation and or reckless endangerment!
None of the views I saw indicated the sea plane operator was doing anything unlawful.
Maybe the boat operator was drunk, or an idiot - or both?
Regardless that boat operator should be cited.
Ridiculous!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Ironbender: Unlike most folks "I" have actually written citations to both sea plane operators and boat operators.

As have I. 😉

I’ve also responded to and performed “rescues” on several float plane accidents none of which were anyone but the pilot’s fault.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR

First thing I thought as well. If I were the pilot I'd spend a fair sum to have someone dive in a sink that bitches boat. Get a new one....sink that [bleep] too. Rinse and repeat.

A mild inconvenience to her. It would keep the police, the court, the corrections dept and her insurance company busy for a while. So there’s that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by frogman43
Hmmm, Hazard to Navigation, Hindrance to a vessel, and several other I'm sure. She better hope she get's a municipal trial and not a CG Tribunal........
Coast Guard Rules of the Road give a seaplane on the water the lowest priority, period. Would not surprise me one bit if she has some semblance of reason for being pissed. It is not an FAA problem because it happened on the water and not an AST problem because it is CG rules.

Yeah, I realize she is a nut case, but I also know some back stories.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

As have I. 😉

I’ve also responded to and performed “rescues” on several float plane accidents none of which were anyone but the pilot’s fault.
I am curious about the LEO situation giving authority for such broad actions.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
As a landlubber, I don’t know the rules of the sea, but does state law not apply once you are afloat? This seem like Reckless Endangerment or something similar. Will she get a pass based on her status as an eccentric rich lady? I hope not.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WMR
As a landlubber, I don’t know the rules of the sea, but does state law not apply once you are afloat? This seem like Reckless Endangerment or something similar. Will she get a pass based on her status as an eccentric rich lady? I hope not.

There are lots of State laws one could break lots of different ways, but for the situation as we know it (incompletely) the vessel that has the technical right of way the boat wins. If the harbor is too tight, congested, or unsafe the plane has no right to be there and it might very well be an argument they should shut up about.

Like Maryland's AG pushing the limits of abortion, they should have known what might happen.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by WMR

There are lots of State laws one could break lots of different ways, but for the situation as we know it (incompletely) the vessel that has the technical right of way the boat wins. If the harbor is too tight, congested, or unsafe the plane has no right to be there and it might very well be an argument they should shut up about.

Like Maryland's AG pushing the limits of abortion, they should have known what might happen.

It seems that you are being obtuse. Perhaps you have a stake in this? I don’t. The video shows the boat closely circling the plane several times. This was no simple right of way issue. Not even close.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

As have I. 😉

I am curious about the LEO situation giving authority for such broad actions.

We were cross trained by the USCG and could enforce the same laws they enforced. We could also search a vessel under the rules of the USCG without obtaining a warrant. Basically we were “empowered” with the same enforcement abilities as the USCG.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Being a former Coast Guard Boarding Officer and Marine inspector and investigator, had I witnessed the incident in person , I would have sighted the Vessel operator with at least three rules of the road violation, crossing, overtaking, close quarter situation, also had the operator held a Coast Guard issued license, would have recommend RS 4450 proceeding.

From the video, who is the vessel operator?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Marian Beck

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

353 members (160user, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 29 invisible), 1,998 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,848
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.