Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Alaska has a boomig population of do-nothing posers.

They're predominantly second-generation Alaskan, trust-fund babies, raised to have some sort of faux-superiority complex.

This is the by-product..........

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 01/27/23.
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i don`t have a dog in this fight but the video shows what she was doing she will pay a fine and might get time in the slammer too ? she might be right ? but he has the video against her she will loose. those passengers were endanger that`s what a judge will get her on, she is not the law ! if she gets off easy she better be dang careful for now on.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Beck declined to comment on the case when reached by phone Thursday but said she did nothing wrong and has hired an attorney.

Lee, who could not be reached by phone Thursday, said at the time he did not know the woman driving the boat, which came within feet of the aircraft.

It'll be interesting if she claims not to know anything of the event and makes them prove she was in the boat.

Sounds like the pilot might be going on hearsay as to whom it may have been.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
She has a history though....

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Not to worry. The Feds are in control!
lol

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is what happens when you let crazies move into remote places and you don't take care of them before they get known to the outside

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Going at it from outside the Coast Guard... you know the Fed branch that regulates waters, or the FAA, the ones that rule the air?

Da plane was on the water at the time of the incident.
Exactly! And the pecking order states clearly that a seaplane on the water has the lowest priority.

The narrow channel rule, Rule 9, supersedes Rule 18. Oddly, there is not a legal definition of "narrow channel" in the rules. Marked narrow channels are somewhat obvious. Those that aren't marked, aren't always obvious. Court cases determine which bodies of water are considered narrow channels,
Halibut cove has the characteristics of places that are found to be narrow channels in court rulings. In that case, a vessel crossing the channel cannot impede the passage of a vessel that can operate safely only within the channel. The sea plane is certainly limited in where they can operate within Halibut cove.

In addition to violating rule 9, the boat also violated Rule 2 and Rule 8.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JeffA
Beck declined to comment on the case when reached by phone Thursday but said she did nothing wrong and has hired an attorney.

Lee, who could not be reached by phone Thursday, said at the time he did not know the woman driving the boat, which came within feet of the aircraft.

It'll be interesting if she claims not to know anything of the event and makes them prove she was in the boat.

Sounds like the pilot might be going on hearsay as to whom it may have been.

There are enough videos and eyewitness accounts that I don’t believe this will be a viable option for her.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
When idiots collide?

For one second let’s assume she was driving the boat and she owns the land under that water or has any other special property rights .... and assume the pilot is trespassing.

I think this falls under the , just because you can, it doesn’t mean you should. IMO She clearly endangered people’s lives.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Going at it from outside the Coast Guard... you know the Fed branch that regulates waters, or the FAA, the ones that rule the air?

Da plane was on the water at the time of the incident.
Exactly! And the pecking order states clearly that a seaplane on the water has the lowest priority.

The narrow channel rule, Rule 9, supersedes Rule 18. Oddly, there is not a legal definition of "narrow channel" in the rules. Marked narrow channels are somewhat obvious. Those that aren't marked, aren't always obvious. Court cases determine which bodies of water are considered narrow channels,
Halibut cove has the characteristics of places that are found to be narrow channels in court rulings. In that case, a vessel crossing the channel cannot impede the passage of a vessel that can operate safely only within the channel. The sea plane is certainly limited in where they can operate within Halibut cove.

In addition to violating rule 9, the boat also violated Rule 2 and Rule 8.

2, 8 AND 9? That sounds like some serious do-do! I sense that Double Secret Probation will be forthcoming. 😳

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JeffP
When idiots collide?

For one second let’s assume she was driving the boat and she owns the land under that water or has any other special property rights .... and assume the pilot is trespassing.

I think this falls under the , just because you can, it doesn’t mean you should. IMO She clearly endangered people’s lives.

It’s the Pacific Ocean.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Pretty obvious to the most casual observer the boat was harassing the plane........ even if water nav rules are applied to the plane.

In a crossing situation the "Stand on vessel" would have needed to be crossing in front of the other vessel from the right, as it was the plane was the stand on vessel, not only is she wacky, she doesn't think or know the rules, jail the goofy bitcch......

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by FishinHank
She got indicted on federal charges
Troopers refused to do anything. CG refused to do anything. FAA refused to do anything.

Currently have virtually no respect for the Federal Government... I hope she walks. And I do not like her and despised Clem.

Apparently you like the pilot even less....

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Originally Posted by WMR
FAA puts it all on the pilot, they state pilots must be aware and respect local rules and ordinances. There is no equivalent of the airport traffic pattern to govern boat traffic…."

(Read Seaplane Base Operations)
https://www.seaplanescenics.com/documents/faa-8083-23-seaplanehandbook.pdf

Halibut Cove has a local rule/ordinance which states,

'Halibut Cove practices Quiet Time until 1 PM to respect our locals' privacy. Please join us in respecting this time and arrive no earlier than 1 PM.'

This was a morning flight taking lodge guests to Katmai for the day.
The pilot was in violation of local ordinance, the FAA hand book point directly at this.

Not that I nessasarly support Marian's actions but she most certainly appeard to have her boat precisely under control.

If this was reckless boating, how do you define what takes place when boats set nets on the line for salmon in Bristol Bay or better yet, the action that takes place on Herring openers in congested waters?

A commercial Alaskan fishing boat without battle scars is a boat that's never been wet.

Wow. That’s quite a stretch in defense of the crazy lady. Clearly there’s a backstory which has locals supporting her. Several posters here make that plain to see.
The pilot is a widely known azzhole. He was violating a number of rules and had been ignoring complaints. He knew where she was going and refused to yield the right-of-way which belonged to her. The pilot is far more likely to be charged.

No one will be charged and the lodge is going to need a work around.
Lmao, this is gold.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
It’s the Pacific Ocean.

My hypothetical post was made using the assumptions she may have property rights under Alaskan law to low water line. It also assumes she was actually driving the boat , and that she was “on her property “.

And to the main point of my post, it really is not relevant where it happened. IMO she needlessly endangered lives for something that wasn’t life threatening.

Does she own the bay?

Alaska law offers these types of coastal waterfront land owners very specific rights that extend to mean low water and mean high water marks.
Ain't nobody gonna know the mean low water mark on any piece of land with a casual glance. It requires a special detailed survey to figure that out..

She may very well 'own the bay' or at least a single piece of land where her rights extend to the point that you can't access the bay without trespassing on her land.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I could care less about what feud may or may not be going on between pilot and boat lady. I don't care if pilot is azzhole or she's nuts. If I was a passenger on that plane, I would have punched her in the throat when we returned.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
I could care less about what feud may or may not be going on between pilot and boat lady. I don't care if pilot is azzhole or she's nuts. If I was a passenger on that plane, I would have punched her in the throat when we returned.

I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man! 😁

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn

I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man! 😁

Seriously, maybe she did have a beef with the pilot, maybe the pilot is a dickweed, but that has nothing to do with the passengers, so I would throat punch her if I was one of the passengers.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by johnn
Troopers refused to do anything. CG refused to do anything. FAA refused to do anything.

Currently have virtually no respect for the Federal Government... I hope she walks. And I do not like her and despised Clem.

Never have met the pilot, but heard the story before the incident. That it escalated is no surprise. The Lodge is trying to do something the neighbors do not like. Local ordinance is not on the pilot's side. His outright lie that he knew nothing when reporting the "crime" is interesting...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by johnn

Never have met the pilot, but heard the story before the incident. That it escalated is no surprise. The Lodge is trying to do something the neighbors do not like. Local ordinance is not on the pilot's side. His outright lie that he knew nothing when reporting the "crime" is interesting...

Just what is the local ordinance?
Strikes me you know more than you are letting on.
What other story before this incident are there?

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

285 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 204guy, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 39 invisible), 2,616 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,039
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.