-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I put $100 down on an EV Silverado and an EV Blazer. I'll buy one of each if they actually make them and they qualify for the EV tax credit.

Something tells me it ain't gonna happen. Just my gut feeling. The legislation is too restrictive about batteries being made in the US with the minerals mined here also. That's where this boondoggle falls apart.

God Bless America

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’m thinking of getting/ordering the new 23 maverick hybrid when the order forms opens up next week.
Love my cummins but I don’t always need a 3/4 ton to make a trip to grocery store, kids games, or running errands. I’ll take 40 mpgs in the city can 13-15.
Plus it’a a business write off.
If I can’t get it in time. Honda Ridgeline will serve my family needs just fine

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not me but my brother just reserved a build spot for an ev Silverado also. Not even gonna start building them til next august.

I'll see how his does in Michigan winter.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No way in hell would I order a first year production vehicle. Of any sort.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Mowed a lawn today, not mine, with a battery powered mower, not mine. What a POS. Absolutely no power, and the battery’s were dead well before I finished.
I’ll look at an EV pick up when it will go 1000 plus miles on a charge in cold weather and the total cost of owning it is competitive with a gas engine. Doubt that will happen in my lifetime.

NRA Patron
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I had Bad Boy Buggies want me to use one of their EV ATV's years ago.

It was an interesting idea. Quiet, sneaky while hunting.

I was giving it serious consideration until I asked the guy how much it weighed... It was over 3 times what my Honda Foreman weighed.. I carried in the back of my pickup too.

Given that, to get power and range, these EV's HAVE to be heavy. There's a trade off. Light and no guts, or heavy and powerful.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Not me but my brother just reserved a build spot for an ev Silverado also. Not even gonna start building them til next august.

I'll see how his does in Michigan winter.
Got a look at the silverado ev a couple of weeks ago, was warned to keep my phone in my pocket. Also climbed around in a hummer ev and got a tour of the assembly line. Them hummers are bad a$$... grin

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

No kidding.

Or a Ford of any year for that matter....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

No kidding.

Or a Ford of any year for that matter....

Hahahaha!

Well not that new Bronco that takes a chit in a week, anyway. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
That would be disappointing!

I am MAGA.
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

I was giving it serious consideration until I asked the guy how much it weighed... It was over 3 times what my Honda Foreman weighed.. I carried in the back of my pickup too.

Given that, to get power and range, these EV's HAVE to be heavy. There's a trade off. Light and no guts, or heavy and powerful.
We have 3 electric golf carts we bought to use for hunting. We ended up using them for everything besides the heavy work. Nice and quiet and it's hard to believe how good they pull through the mud.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

We have 3 electric golf carts we bought to use for hunting. We ended up using them for everything besides the heavy work. Nice and quiet and it's hard to believe how good they pull through the mud.

Yeah, I have a golf cart here at the ranch too. Use it to sneak around the place, hunting, and catching people doing what they shouldn't be.

I need to take it out back and thin the coons some more. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
My 2 boys have between them 3 E cars, 2 Teslas and a Porsche Taycan Turbo S. They are very happy w/ them. They also own other cars and trucks. There are no IC cars on the road that will touch their performance when used w/in their design parameters. Some people can make choices not available to all and enjoy their toys.

Suckers believe that Que is real.grin

ptl

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You guys don't need no electric cars...

What you guys need is the electric chair!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd ride a horse first... And I hate horses...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I don’t own one and one would not be practical for me. I don’t embrace technology and I damn sure sure don’t jump onboard with it when it’s new. It wasn’t until my wife was pregnant the first time that I finally broke down and got a cell phone. We had them at work and on the rigs but I didn’t need to be tied to a phone 24/7….until I did.

I don’t eschew the idea of electric vehicles but they need to mature that process and battery capabilities before I buy on. It’s not a terrible idea when you consider the potential upsides. Speed, torque, power is all there and it absolutely whoops internal combustion’s ass. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by denton
Hey, I bought an electric bike. It's a blast! With pedal assist, it gives me gentle exercise climbing the hills in my neighborhood. I can run short errands for a dime's worth of electricity, instead of a few dollar's worth of gas, and have fun doing it.

Primary transportation? Bad weather transportation? Heck no.

IMHO, we are about a generation or two of batteries away from electric vehicles being truly efficient and effective, especially in cold winters. We need more battery capacity, cheaper batteries, less temperature sensitivity, and MUCH faster charging times. When they get those problems solved, we may like what we see. Today, not so much.

and how much more is that going to raise the carbon footprint of battery production and cost to the enviroment in mining and manufactoring process

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by jaguartx
In cold weather the range is cut in half.

It would be interesting to see what they base this off. Is "cold" 32 degrees? I am talking -20 below zero.

It routinely drops to -40 F and colder in my part of the world. EVs would be a non-starter...literally. Hybrids seem to work okay in low orbit around skAchorage. I wouldn't trust one north of there. I might set one on fire to stay warm.

FJB and the entire democrap party.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here's my brother charging up at the big Sheetz gas station on I 40 near Hickory, NC. We got to wander around the place for the better part of an hour. They had good hot dogs. This was a 90 degree day, typical for August in these parts, and with the a/c you won't make 140 miles. I'd hate to see the performance at 10 degrees in Ely, Minnesota. Probably less than 140 miles.

This is a great car for day trips, I love riding around in this car and we are headed to the gym this morning in the Tesla. But, in my opinion this vehicle is not suitable for long trips.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

We bought the 80v Kobalt at Lowes two years ago. I can't say enough good things about this machine. Runs 90 minutes on a charge, and is just as powerful as the gasoline mower. No oil to change, no gas to mess with. Expensive to buy and worth it.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, BamaCKC, 300_savage, AussieGunWriter, 10 invisible), 1,191 guests, and 711 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,232
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.