Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
so we all watched the same video and i am amazed at all the different opinions on it
either i need to or others need to watch and listen to it again and see if they have the same opinion after

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm sure the US Code on what a "driver" is has long been scrubbed but basically the original legal definition (paraphrasing here) was a person who made their income transporting goods and services on public highways and byways, like stage coach "drivers" and UPS "drivers". Everyone else was/is traveling. The term was conveniently transposed onto the general public when the FED RES/IRS were foisted onto the public. The concept of taxing amurikans with newly acquired mobility created by the automobile for travelling the highways and byways of this great nation (an obvious right) was too lucrative an idea to pass up so the powers that be conjured "registration and licensing" to procure their scam. This concept of a "privilege" to move about is bogus if you consider we have a right to private contract, to vote, the right to petition etc. etc. and the only way to exercise those rights is the ability to travel across this nation.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Pretty sure if you’re operating a vehicle on a public road , you need to provide a license when stopped and asked. Many states I know a passenger doesn’t have to.

If it’s a bullschit stop, you address it with the judge.

That cop was young and clearly not comfortable dealing with a prick. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad cop. He’ll learn….or not.

Just guessing, but time of day could have played into a profiling and more of a curious stop to check if the driver was sober or not. I would say the kid was wrong, but he was probably bored and an easy stop to make sure he didn’t let a drunk pass.

The driver was within his rights to not want an unwarranted stop, but he was enough of a bad ass, I’ll bet the officer was wishing he hadn’t stopped him.

Police work is thankless job anymore and you can’t hardly find anyone that would put up with the handcuffs that are placed on LEOs that doesn’t allow them much safety among the people he is trying to protect from the people that are real criminals.

Who would even want to be a cop these days?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
It amazes me how many people do not know their constitutional rights. Some law-enforcement personnel take advantage of this and others get their asses handed to them and their departments get sued. Some police officers play by the rules and others don’t.The bottom line is know your rights. There are thousands if not tens of thousands of videos on YouTube pertaining to this. I highly recommend sitting back one evening And enjoying the entertainment.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Watched it and a little puzzled as to whether or not there was a reason for the stop. Clearly he was put off balance by the citizens attitude and didn't articulate his reason for the stop very well.

There well could have been PC for the stop if the officer ran the plate and there was a lack of proof of insurance on file.

But in the end, he may have just concluded it was more trouble than it was worth to push the issue. You don't have to file any reports if you just let him leave and get paid the same.

It's an attitude more and more new officers are displaying, the term they use is FIDO. Fugg It Drive On. Do as little as possible and be risk averse. Mirror the firemen, respond if sent, otherwise do nothing and wait for a call.

Problem is getting into the habit of doing as little as possible as a young officer will carry into their entire carreer and doesn't translate well when the sheet hits the fan and they have to decisively react.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I see what the problem is. Theres alot of people here that were taught to believe that cops are some form of ultimate authority not to be questioned and to always be respected. That's the reason they got out of hand over the years. You have personal rights and freedoms and every right to call them out on unlawful bullschitt at any place and time. People are learning their rights and always have cameras and cops can still unlawfully detain you and drag you in for not stroking his ego but he's going to lose his job and be starred right front center of a popular youtube video to never be hired by another county. Get the boot out of your mouths. Being a cop doesn't make one a good person. And again, you DO NOT have to follow unlawful commands.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
What reason did the cop read the plate to begin with? What had the driver done that warranted the reading of the plate? Sounds like cop was fishing for something. Any cop can make up that they show you dont have insurance, now you must show me that you do....

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I dont think you need a reason to read a plate, a plate is in "plain view."

Some agencies have plate readers equipped in their cars, looking for stolen cars.
When I worked uniform every day we got a "Hot Sheet" listing cars that were stolen, wanted in felonies, known to have wanted subjects ect, and some would scan car plates for stolen cars-"Hot Rollers" we called them. Some of the older officers would say "quit looking at that Hot Sheet, we aren't chasing any cars."
The modern plate readers are the automated continuation of these.

-George Washington
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The police don't like it when "plain view " is on the other foot.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by cv540

Some agencies have plate readers equipped in their cars, looking for stolen cars.
When I worked uniform every day we got a "Hot Sheet" listing cars that were stolen, wanted in felonies, known to have wanted subjects ect, and some would scan car plates for stolen cars-"Hot Rollers" we called them. Some of the older officers would say "quit looking at that Hot Sheet, we aren't chasing any cars."

So insurance companies are required by law to report to the state dmv whether their current policy holders are up to date on their auto coverage?

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Both were idiots.

End of argument

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

I dont think most cop cars have these.

He felt it was worth his time to type it in to his little laptop for some reason.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by SBTCO

So insurance companies are required by law to report to the state dmv whether their current policy holders are up to date on their auto coverage?

That's not the case in my state. Here you have to show proof of insurance if stopped.
Unsure about how it works in Michigan. Could be that you have to show proof of insurance when registering or renewing plates there. Doubt that they make the insurance companies provide it.

-George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here in NV and in many other states insurance companies are required to immediately report to DMV any lapse in coverage. As much as I dislike government in general, I like this law. Irresponsible drivers need a thump up the side of the head.

I shouldn't have to file a claim with my company and suffer higher rates for years, accordingly, if some slob druggie, or drunk, or simple idiot runs a light or stop sing and clobbers me.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Just another U TUBE moron wanting to show what a big set he had.

Had the cop had an old timer for a partner, the nightstick would have taken out a tail light (not on the moron's camera) and a ticket would be the result.

Police have a horrible job, worse now than any recent time.

"Get along, go along" having known many police as friends.

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Pretty sure if you’re operating a vehicle on a public road , you need to provide a license when stopped and asked. Many states I know a passenger doesn’t have to.

If it’s a bullschit stop, you address it with the judge.

That cop was young and clearly not comfortable dealing with a prick. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad cop. He’ll learn….or not.

He made bad stop. Illegally detained a USC. Yes the safe play is to plead your case to the judge. He may not be a “bad cop” but he’s definitely a kid over his head and unprepared for his job. His only saving grace was he didn’t bow up and escalate it, likely because he realized he was wrong. That means he might have a chance to not be a piece of shît.

MAGA
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by blanket
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by ro1459
My question to this is, why not just give the cop your insurance card, be polite, and go. The only rude person I saw in that clip was the driver.

Ummm because the cop was lying

Not if he had a ALPR, which would easily read a license plate behind, in front, or to either side.
When does a tag run come back with your insurance statis???

here lack of ins is an immediate suspension of registration and the reason for suspension is noted.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Here in NV and in many other states insurance companies are required to immediately report to DMV any lapse in coverage. As much as I dislike government in general, I like this law. Irresponsible drivers need a thump up the side of the head.

I shouldn't have to file a claim with my company and suffer higher rates for years, accordingly, if some slob druggie, or drunk, or simple idiot runs a light or stop sing and clobbers me.

You forgot texting, believe it or not one out of four accidents in the United States is from texting. I just googled it :-)

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SBTCO

That's not the case in my state. Here you have to show proof of insurance if stopped.
Unsure about how it works in Michigan. Could be that you have to show proof of insurance when registering or renewing plates there. Doubt that they make the insurance companies provide it.

In Utah insurance companies are required by law to provide the dmv of proof of insurance for all drivers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UpThePole
Just another U TUBE moron wanting to show what a big set he had.

Had the cop had an old timer for a partner, the nightstick would have taken out a tail light (not on the moron's camera) and a ticket would be the result.

Police have a horrible job, worse now than any recent time.

"Get along, go along" having known many police as friends.
Ah, yes, crooked cops are the answer.

Moron.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

682 members (10Glocks, 160user, 16gage, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 70 invisible), 2,816 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,305
Posts18,526,062
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.