Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Maybe its their cheap used car selling type infomercials....

Last edited by killerv; 08/24/22.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have only owned the single shots, but those are made quite well, though the design is quite simple.

Gavin Toobe, the Ultimate Reloader on YouTube, and his sidekick Guy, Cascade here, have been playing with a couple of the lever actions. I’m not a big fan of their looks, but they seem to work and shoot well. It also appears to me that they’ve been refining the looks. They don’t seem quite as “square” as they once did.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Only been around the rimfires and dont have any desire to go out and buy one

I look at the long ranger and think that If I wanted a gun that looked like a browning BLR. I would go out and buy a browning BLR.

The others look awfull Marlin to me. Same outlook on those.

Not much use for a tube fed rifle either.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by mud_bogger
Only been around the rimfires and dont have any desire to go out and buy one

I look at the long ranger and think that If I wanted a gun that looked like a browning BLR. I would go out and buy a browning BLR.

The others look awfull Marlin to me. Same outlook on those.

Not much use for a tube fed rifle either.

The Long Ranger bolt system is very similar to a BLR. The trigger guts don't drop with the lever, though.

I've got a BBS carbine, and the internals look very similar to an older Mossberg 472, except for the elevator setup.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I have a Henry 22 LR and I have had zero problems. I have put 2000-3000 rounds through mine. They make quality rifles and are suppose to have excellent customer service.

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Henry puts too much lipstick on their rifle.
Cuts down on my interest…

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
--- Will Rogers
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have two Henry's. BB steel in .45 Colt and BB classic in .357, both with 20" barrels. Fit and finish are excellent, bluing is good and accuracy is very good.
No complaints on my end. BTW, I don't mind the tube fed deal, I'm not running from marauding Indians.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have a steel frame 44 mag that has killed several deer, only picadila has been feeding unless straight up and down

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by blanket
I have a steel frame 44 mag that has killed several deer, only picadila has been feeding unless straight up and down

That's the rub with my steel 327. It's a great rifle other than the fact that it feeds like garbage... which is sort of a big issue for a lever.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
They upgraded the trigger on the single shots a few years ago. Very nice now. They will also fix the old ones I believe. Great company

IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I have a brass frame 44 mag that’s been accurate and reliable but I don’t have a huge number of rounds through. It’s very slow to load and the magazine tube isn’t polished anywhere near the level of the barrel. I sent an email to Henry after buying the gun to complain about it but they never responded. I keep it’s magazine loaded but chamber empty in my safe as my home defense gun, hopefully the 9 shots on board would be sufficient to repel boarders.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Have an H010 here. 45-70. I personally like the tube feeders. In 45-70, 4 in the tube and one in the chamber is PLENTY. They are well built rifles and mine seems to have very good wood to metal fitment. Overall, its leagues ahead of my Remlin guide gun in 45-70. For the record, with all the love for side gates, and Henry going that way too, I will say that I don't fit the mold. I find side gates finicky and slow, and often scratch the shiat out of my brass in larger calibres. IF, on the rare day, I want to plug a few more holes in a target, I simply single load into the loading port with ease. I also owned a Henry single shot 12 gauge, but it had corrosion on the buttplate and a gouge on the forearm. I sent it back the same day. For a lighter pistol caliber, like 327 or 357, I would opt for another Henry with a side gate, just to "stay in the game".

If you don't like where you are, move. You are not a tree.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I've liked every henry I've ever handled. I owned a long ranger for a bit and the only reason I sold it was that it was a 6.5 creed.

You can never have too many hashbrowns.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by moosemike
Maybe it's been all the fake brass receivers they do. Maybe it's how friggin ugly the steel Big Boys are. Well actually most of the stuff they make look like the the car designers for AMC in the 70's finally found new jobs. I have a hard time taking them seriously. But do they make durable, quality stuff?

How much more can be said about a Henry? Next to a Handi Rifle, they could be one of the best looking guns made…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
[quote=shrapnel]
How much more can be said about a Henry? Next to a Handi Rifle, they could be one of the best looking guns made…

LOL, that's funny

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
In all fairness, that single shot is butt ugly. LoL shocked

Their all-steel levers in the larger calibres, however, look pretty damn nice to me. At the end of the day, few levers on the market, with the possible exception of some of those fancy Italian makes, are working tool guns. Looks are secondary to fit and function.

Last edited by Kurgan; 07/18/23.

If you don't like where you are, move. You are not a tree.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kurgan

Their all-steel levers in the larger calibres, however, look pretty damn nice to me. At the end of the day, few levers on the market, with the possible exception of some of those fancy Italian makes, are working tool guns. Looks are secondary to fit and function.

John Browning and Andrew Burgess would not agree…

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Kurgan

If I'm going to spend what they want these days, it damn well better look good and shoot good or it ain't comin' home.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I have three or four Henry, every one is just as good as my JM Marlins, Rossi, I like scopes on Henry’s and Marlins, open sights on Rossi of course. I have shot Winchester in the past too, I shoot some hot loads in Henry’s with no problems, functions perfectly and very accurate.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My lust for lever guns has been mostly covered by Marlin, Winchester and Savage. I’d buy a Henry, maybe if I could find one chambered in 357 Mag or 30-40 Krag at the right price.
I think that Henry lever guns look fine. I like the option of feeding ammo in the magazine tube like we’ve all done with 22’s.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 16gage, 1234, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,430
Posts18,470,780
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.