Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Wife is bad about causing us to be late, but one of my son in laws is real bad. I’ve left his ass a couple of times. My damn time is valuable too. It doesn’t seem to bother him to have everyone waiting for him to get there.

You know people like that?

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Sure do!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Me: "Are you ready?"

Wife: "Yes, just let me pee, I'll be right out."

Me: "I'll be in the pickup."

1/4 tank of diesel later she comes around the corner... crazy

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I swear, everything she does is in slow motion. Everything. Only one gear.

She hasn't caught on when I say the buzzards are starting to circle.... grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Didn't know that my wife was married to you also.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got a BIL just like that….I just refuse to do anything with him….

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was raised in such a manner that if I’m 5 min early, I’m late.

Wife and three daughters are getting better at accepting it. LOL

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Didn't know that my wife was married to you also.

LOL!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Drives me crazy… supposed to be there at 7, leave the house at 7:10. 🙄

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My eldest son. My wife is like me, always early. I wouldn't accept it when I was working. Bad consequences on repeat offenders.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
My wife, she starts getting ready 3 hrs before and we never leave on time, 15 minutes getting that last strand of hair right in her bangs.

I swear people that don't exist daily on a timetable don't consider being someplace on time relevant.

If I had all the time back from waiting on the wife, I'd be a young man again...

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by krp
My wife, she starts getting ready 3 hrs before and we never leave on time, 15 minutes getting that last strand of hair right in her bangs. ...

Kent

And then when she gets into the vehicle, she instantly flops down that $%#&^ passenger-side visor to use the mirror.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
"If you are early, you are on time. If you are on time, you are late. If you are late, don't bother" I learned that from a buddy who was in the Marine Corp. I live by it. I wish everybody would.

.280 AI Fan

"I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts" Will Rogers

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" Unknown

Trump 2024!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm my opinion most habitual lateness is a control mechanism. I can't stand it and I won't tolerate it. Obviously $hit happens but repeat offenders I usually distance myself. My dad was always late to pick up me and my sister growing up(divorced parents) if he said 5pm it was usually 8-10pm. I made a vow to myself as a young boy that wasn't who I wanted to be and I've stuck to it. It's either a control mechanism or you're just plain a$$ [bleep] rude.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I’m bad about being late. Not necessarily a lot but seems like I’m always 5 or 10min behind. I always get an early start to try allowing plenty of time and still end up running behind. My parents were somewhat the same growing up so maybe it just trickled down as a bad habit upon myself … not trying to place the blame on them though. I’m a grown ass man and this thread makes me want to work harder at changing my ways. Great post!

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Used to have it bad with people on my roofing crew.

I needed help so bad, just had to suck it up. Made up for it by just hiring a few extra Slo-Moes.

This one boy, job would meet at 7am. Or so.

I always told him 6:30 so *maybe* he’d make it there by 8:30. Sometimes show up at 10.

Other stupid thing about him. Besides being late, it would take him 15 minutes of fumbling with ciggs, lighters, gotta move his Mtn Dews from minute mart sack to his cooler in the trunk. He dress from shoes to boots, rolling sleeves up.

And last but not least, he seemed to always have to check a loose speaker wire in on his subwoofer box, amps, radio, etc. JFC.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Years ago we met at the Coast to go salmon fishing. First day all was good. The second day, my younger brother, who was told, my boat leaves the dock at 06:30! Two of us were ready, 6.20 I start the motor to warm up! 06:30 I leave the dock, my brother is just pulling into the parking area. As I wave and head out!
When we returned about 14:00hrs. My brother was fighting mad! I explained that growing up he was always late, and there were no consequences for his actions. Now the only consequence, was being able to watch, not partake in activities.
We didn't do anything together for a couple years. When he finally apologized, we started doing things together again. He's not late any longer, and it improved our relationship! I don't like waiting!

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I worked at a large sporting goods store in the early 90s. Our hours were 8-5. One of the female employees was always 10-15 minutes late claiming child care issues. Every day.

Based on number crunching and customer feedback we changed the store hours to 9-6 to accommodate those folks just getting off work. And you guessed it. The same employee was always 10-15 minutes late every day claiming child care issues. And they wouldn’t fire her.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Heym06
Years ago we met at the Coast to go salmon fishing. First day all was good. The second day, my younger brother, who was told, my boat leaves the dock at 06:30! Two of us were ready, 6.20 I start the motor to warm up! 06:30 I leave the dock, my brother is just pulling into the parking area. As I wave and head out!
When we returned about 14:00hrs. My brother was fighting mad! I explained that growing up he was always late, and there were no consequences for his actions. Now the only consequence, was being able to watch, not partake in activities.
We didn't do anything together for a couple years. When he finally apologized, we started doing things together again. He's not late any longer, and it improved our relationship! I don't like waiting!

My luck, i’d have left well early enough but get stuck behind a series of old fuggs going to get graybee n bisguts

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Showdog75
I'm my opinion most habitual lateness is a control mechanism.

You're pretty close to the truth there. According to psychologists the big reason for people who are habitually late is that they consider themselves special, and worthy of others waiting for them.

The bottom line however in any instance is that it's rude. It means simply that you are the last thing on their list.

I have done nothing to deserve the rudeness and I won't tolerate it. From anyone.

Like many others here I was brought up with the thought that if you aren't early, you're late. Being a little bit late is like being a little bit pregnant.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

345 members (16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 47 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,419
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.