Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
My county has nearly 2 million residents, there are nearly 19k active ccw permits. I doubt if 1/2 of the permit holders carry all the time.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
In the Peoria hood, most. Outside the hood, 10%.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In my neighborhood, it is probably 100%. We are all retired military, mostly US Marines, and a retired NFL CB. It would a pretty tough place to “take.”

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
Since Ohio now has constitutional carry, I’d say 50%. Not many open carry. I don’t blame them. Don’t like showing my hand until it’s time.

Ron

Finally a man with some common sense. I never open carry. You are just inviting trouble.

“Finally”?

Majority of people I know feel this way.

The fact I live in an open carry state and rarely see it suggests most gun owners feel that way.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Legally? 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Seldom see anyone carrying around here .
Open or concealed .
Seems most problems are still handled going to cuffs or loud mouths .
But I’m talking in a 25 mile radius .
Pretty much covers most of my travels these days .
Kenneth

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I dont know of anyone that doesn't have a gun at home, but I hardly ever see anyone open carrying. I know a few of us had lunch at a place a week or so ago and of the 6 at the table, 3 had conceal carry. No idea about the general public conceal carrying.

There were only 9 five year CC's issued in our zip code for the 2021 year, so I dont figure there are very many that carry. Small community, everybody knows everybody, no stores stations or school.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably 80% are armed in some way here.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by SCRooster
I would say, out here in the country where I live, within a radius of a couple of miles from where I a, sitting all the way around me ... 100%.

100%

No doubt. It's 99.9% Caucasian conservative and the .1 of African Americans near here are solid people.

100%

We don't have Constitutional Carry but it's fairly easy to get a permit .... we so have open carry and I've seen a lot more of that around here lately since the law passed.

I'm still gonna conceal mine but at least I no longer have to worry about printing or accidentally showing a firearm on my hip. I just prefer to keep it concealed.

As open carry is legal here in my daily activities I usually practice what I consider "I dont care carry", meaning I have a gun on my belt with a long enough shirt to cover it, but dont care if it gets exposed quickly while getting out of vehicle, bending over etc. Usually carry OWB during workday as its more comfortable while operating equipment, driving truck etc and usually switch to IWB when off. Obviously some situations call for deeper concealment.

As far as the OPs question, my county has one of the top percentages of carry license holders per capita in the state, my township is relatively rural so Im sure at great percentage are armed, at least in the home. Most all my friends carry on a regular basis.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How many in the community?
I dunno?
But what hasn't been to prison, probably carry...and probably have been since ol Heck wuz a pup.
This is an old farming community. I would only presume that EVERY pickup has some type firearm in, on or around it.
My neighbor is one of those guys that has a reputation as not one to mess with in the community.
He's not mean or vicious. He's just a nice guy who doesn't abide BS.
I'm known in the community at the "gun guy" and Matt's buddy.
I carry every day. It's the last piece I pick 7p when getting dressed every day and the first piece I take off when dressing for bed.
Plowing.
Mowing.
Fishing.
Hunting.
Cooking.
Whatever I'm doing, I carry.
Yep! Even church!

I'd wager pretty good money that most of the ex-cons also carry! 😉

Last edited by martinstrummer; 09/04/22.
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
CashisKing: If you are talking "armed" out and about in my community I would contend 10% to 15% (VERY low crime rate throughout this giant county!).
If you are talking "armed" while at home then its VERY close to 95% - maybe 98% of all able bodied adults!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just went to Victoria's Secret and patted down a bunch of chicks. None of them were armed, but the people who came to question me about it were.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 09/04/22.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Here in my part of TN I would guess that just about every male and many females do carry on their body or have protection in their car. I believe every home in our subdivision have weapons in their homes.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
"Has 'em"? Or 'carries 'em?

Has - 90%.. Carries - hard to tell but best guess is only 10%..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just assume most people have one in vehicle, or are carrying. We've got constitutional carry here now. Even before that most people I knew carried permit or not

Romans 5:1
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I just went to Victoria's Secret and patted down a bunch of chicks. None of them were armed, but the people who came to question me about it were.

What did you get for yourself?

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

What did you get for yourself?

Bazinga!

Small town southern ID. Cops have told me the expect a firearm in every car or home they stop or go to.

I’d say 95% own and 50 % carry. Not a lot of bad happens. Now take that little trip down the road to Boise and I’d bet the percentage that carry locally increases significantly.

Last edited by Akbob5; 09/04/22.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Florida has around a million and a half CCW permits issued. There are about 21 million Citizens. I doubt a huge percentage of permit holders actually carry regularly

Sam......

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
In my immediate area…100%. My 3 neighbors and I are all friends and shoot together weekly or more. Stretching out a little further I’d guess the number to be close to 100%. There might be an oddball around that doesn’t have at least 1 firearm but they truly are the oddball around here. Every evening various guys can be heard doing some end of the day energy release. 😁 It sounds like freedom….

There are an unusually large number of Trump supporters, for Washington state anyway, around here too. There’s always a new group of farm boys cycling through the high school, boys that still stack hay bales for summer work, and those boys keep the traditions alive. There are a bunch of them that fly big Trump or MAGA flags from their pickups and get a rise out of messing with the liberals when they bring their bullshit around here. 👍

Last edited by AcesNeights; 09/04/22.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Hopefully, more than I think. But I am in a rural area and it is Trump country, so........

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (160user, 1minute, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 66 invisible), 2,580 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,343
Posts18,487,754
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.