24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I have a 1 mil umbrella and also insure 2 houses, 2 cars and have 2 term life policies,
all with the same co. that I've been with for over 20 years.
My umbrella policy is about 1/5 of what yours cost, sorry but I don't have the other toys you do.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by slumlord
Insurance is my biggest living expense

cars, equip, medical, life, homeowners, fire on investment property

All of our mortgages are paid off so none of that ‘pay on time’ escrow bullchit

Those annual and 6 mos premiums are a real kick in the nuts

Makes me sick knowing mfers rolling around not oaying a dime of any type of insurance. Have to keep uninsured for all of the meth motoristas and mexican drunk drivers here.

Pay it all same time about hits with property and fed tax. JFC

I don’t recall the source exactly (maybe Kiplingers) that said on average, nationwide, 62% of the daily costs of living is for insurance and taxes.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
All sorts of risks out there for old kooks...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Blondie
I have a 1 mil umbrella and also insure 2 houses, 2 cars and have 2 term life policies,
all with the same co. that I've been with for over 20 years.
My umbrella policy is about 1/5 of what yours cost, sorry but I don't have the other toys you do.

Toys do add up all total for sure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Umbrellas are a good investment in security for folks who have significant assets. I pushed them in my agent days, but people are pretty ignorant about coverage vs premiums and just wanted the lowest premiums. It bit a few of them who ended up losing almost everything, although they were conventionally insured with standard auto and HO policies with inadequate limits by their choice.

Something I always and still do recommend is carrying high liability coverages. The difference between $100,000 and $1,000,000 coverage is not proportional and at the $1,000,000 limits is a bargain. Most claims are settled for a fraction of that; that's why the high limits cost only a little more.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have it and it is cheap for what you get. These days someone can be trespassing on your property, stump their toe and sue you for $1,000,000. There is no point in risking what you worked hard for when you can protect it so easily. I don't sell insurance....

Harry
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Mathsr
I have it and it is cheap for what you get. These days someone can be trespassing on your property, stump their toe and sue you for $1,000,000. There is no point in risking what you worked hard for when you can protect it so easily. I don't sell insurance....

That’s my view and add on what luv2safari just said. Sound wisdom.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Houston_2
I called my agent about the concealed carry thing. He said that it was presently a non issue and posed no problem or extra cost,,,,as of now.

Will bet you a large amount that there is an exclusion for that and he needs to read up. Never seen one in working with and for more than 15 companies, that would cover you in a ccw situation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
I called my agent about the concealed carry thing. He said that it was presently a non issue and posed no problem or extra cost,,,,as of now.

Will bet you a large amount that there is an exclusion for that and he needs to read up. Never seen one in working with and for more than 15 companies, that would cover you in a ccw situation.

Sadly, most agents don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. They're taught how to sell. You'll find independent agents know more on average. Also, ask for a sample of the policy, read it, and ask questions.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Might know an independent agent quite well. He is in my mirror in the morning. wink

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Sadly, most agents don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. They're taught how to sell. You'll find independent agents know more on average. Also, ask for a sample of the policy, read it, and ask questions.
Very good advice!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll wager you know a helluva lot more than a captive agent. I've been both. Being a successful independent requires knowledge. Being a successful captive agent requires advertising.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I started out as captive with state farm. After five years I switched to independent and got my eyes opened in a big way

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H

Good info and I appreciate it, mj.

I probably should have added a question mark at the end the above quote.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My umbrella policy saved me into the six figure range, worth every penny. My wife was hit by a drunk with minimum insurance along with a couple other cars. Months of work, totaled car, lot’s of medical.

My auto insurance was 1/2 mil but it didn’t take long to eat through the medical portion.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
My umbrella policy saved me into the six figure range, worth every penny. My wife was hit by a drunk with minimum insurance along with a couple other cars. Months of work, totaled car, lot’s of medical.

My auto insurance was 1/2 mil but it didn’t take long to eat through the medical portion.

There’s another BIG aspect of an Umbrella. Frequently overlooked.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (160user, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 1234, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,084 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,831
Posts18,496,693
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.