Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Racer1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I am asking for help from any forum members in or around the Ft. Myers, FL area. Apparently a con man by the name of Paul S. Webster (the S is for Stephen) has taken myself and several others for several thousand dollars (almost $10,000) with a bogus gun auction here on the Campfire.

He ran or did run a finance executive search firm and his cell phone has been disconnected. I would appreciate any information anyone can dig up on him...including phone number, address, wife or ex-wife's name, etc. He was supposedly going through a divorce and that was his reason for selling the guns. This guy gives sellers on all forums a bad name. I have done many of these transactions with no problems until now.

Any help would be appreciated.

One other thing...his user name on this and other forums has either been Keez or KeezParrot. He has been on The Firing Line, Gunbroker, and here. This has been reported to the authorities but those of us who have been burned want to put as much heat on this scumbag as possible.

A thread about this is also in the Hunters Campfire forum with other information.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Get a Rope.....

broken bones broken heart stripped down an torn apart a lil rust but Im still runnin countin miles countin tears twisted roads and shiftin gears year after year its all or nothin Im not home and Im not lost just holdin on 2 what I got...God and Guns
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hope you nail the scum bag... I've been buying and selling stuff for years both on line and years ago through the Gunlist. I always had the impression or good fortune to find that gun owners as a whole a honest lot. This guy isn't a gun owner he is POS.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Easy money for a scam artist. Thats a shame. Take a good group of people who deal with honor, and honorable intentions, and steal from them. Individual acts like this can ruin the atmosphere of our forums, and that kind of theft can really put the hurt on an individual. Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I hope the catch the scumbag.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very sorry to hear this.... Bump to the top...... sure hope he gets caught

Please don't feed the trolls!
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
What does the Ft. Myers PD say about this? I would also image the BATF would be interested in this as well. Could be a federal crime. Hopefully putting him away for a long time.

I actually offered him a few dollars less than the Buy it Now for the Sako. I am so glad that he was gready and rejected my offer. A Real Scumbag for sure.

I wish I was able to help.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Personally, I'd spend a thousand to recover a ten dollar bill that I was cheated out of. I'd suggest that all of those affected get up a caravan and head on down to Ft. Meyers and bring this matter to a head.

Wake up, smell the politician, and re-elect nobody.

"Nee how,nega bin da" (Mandarin: "Hello,dumb a$$)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You probably won't find him if you go to Ft Myers... If you were smart enought to use the US Mail contact the Postal Inspectors. If you were even smarter and used a USPS Money Order then you might do even better with the Postal Inspectors.

Good luck...

$bob$

Many who have freedom have no idea where they got it....
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
not to rub salt in anyone's wounds ... but unless I know the person pretty well, or am only sending about $25 or less, I always use a USPS money order and send thru the US Postal Service ... for exactly the reasons that Bob (LDHunter) stated above ...

Just another level of insurance in case of a snafu ...

I hope, just like everyone else, that this con artist gets his just-due ... mad

-WGM-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I always send usps money orders,although I have heard its not much help

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I used USPS mo to this scumbag.

I've filed the forms (and paid the fee) to the post office I bought them from to have what ever type of proof of cashing the instrument they provide.

I've never filed a claim with the USPS for "mail fraud" so I'm guessing I have to have the proof the MOs were cashed before I move forward with the inspectors.

If any of you have filed a claim I'd like to hear about the process.

gary

H
H
as some one who lost $1500 to a guy like this several years ago ( on Gunbroker ) and I did use a US Postal Money order ,sent thru the US Mail i can tell you from first hand experiance the Postal Inspectors aren't going to do a danm thing, sure they will take a report and that will be about it

so if you want to get your money back you had better have some one in the area go get him in person

good luck , i never did get my money back nor did i ever receive my guns frown

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
well, I still think I am surrounded by a good group of guys here on the campfire.

if I get taken, it will be because I treated them the way I would treat a good friend. with honesty.

these guys make it simply no fun in our horse trading. but, I'll keep on shopping and enjoying it from you knuckle-heads.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, I agree.

Even if I don't get my money, I can say that I have come closer to a real nice bunch of guys.
And, I still think the the vast majority of the guys/gals here are straight up honest people.

1 apple doesn't spoil the bunch here!

Welcome to the Forum HAWK58

Last edited by BOW777; 10/23/07.

When Ronald Reagan was president, we had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.
Now that Barack Obama is president, we have NO hope and NO cash.

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
Originally Posted by hawk58
as some one who lost $1500 to a guy like this several years ago ( on Gunbroker ) and I did use a US Postal Money order ,sent thru the US Mail i can tell you from first hand experiance the Postal Inspectors aren't going to do a danm thing, sure they will take a report and that will be about it

so if you want to get your money back you had better have some one in the area go get him in person

+1 In my mind the idea that a USPS money order provides you some sort of protection or options to get your money back is a myth. I have filed two claims with the USPS for substantial amounts of money and it did me absolutely no good.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Everytime I hear the mail fraud, Postal Money order stories and how people can file and be protected I chuckle. Not because I find people getting screwed funny, but because of the myth as yaderhey states surrounding the USPS giving a rats behind!

Bought a "98% condition/original" Atlas lathe bed and other related parts from a lying MN Ebay seller. Pd with a postal money order and mailed it USPS priority. Well bed was altered and useless. Filed a dispute with Ebay after he wouldn't return calls or emails. Ebay did nothing except cancel dispute on me despite him finally admitting he never knew it was altered and even offered a partial refund but never did send it. Called local PO and Postmaster gave me an eliminate red tape #. After 3 transfers I talked to a Beverly in USPS legal dept. I could file a claim but she didn't think it would fall into their criteria for mail fraud. She also knew of NO USPS regulations where paying someone with a Postal Money Order and getting screwed had any stiffer penalties then any other form of payment. Long story short, I have several hundred pounds of cast iron that cost me $400.

Moral of the story in resolving issues with internet thieves IS legal means and/or dealing with people with integrity or convincing them it is in their best interest to resolve the issue. Moral of the story IS NOT having faith in the USPS and its laws, regulations and employees giving a [bleep]!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hawk58

EXACTLY!!! THEY ARE WORTHLESS AND SERVE NO PURPOSE I CAN DETECT. GREAT USE OF OUR TAX AND POSTAGE DOLLARS...NOT!! mad I WAS TAKEN BY TOM SCHNESK FOR $650.00, FILED A COMPLAINT AND WAS PROMPTLY IGNORED COMPLETELY.

THE USPS SUX AND IS GETTING WORSE EVERY DAY. smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
btt, there goes the trust on the USPS.

When Ronald Reagan was president, we had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.
Now that Barack Obama is president, we have NO hope and NO cash.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You know, this is kinda sneaky, but it worked for me. I had an SOB stick me for 600 bucks for a ham radio on Ebay (go figure) anyway, like you said USPS was no help. So I had a friend from another state send him a personal check for like 28 bucks with a note stating that the check was for some bogus item bought on Ebay. The dumb ass actually cashed the check! Gave that to the police and within about 3 weeks that bastard was behind bars. His own greed got him caught. Just my 2 cents (no pun intended)

Doug

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Oh my God....that's awesome!!! laugh

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 21, 160user, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 15,244 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,181
Posts18,543,202
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.