M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
First Freddy Mercury, now this.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Good riddance. Brits can’t afford to heat their homes or pay their electrical bills but subsidize this family to live lives of luxury. Idiots.

And we don’t?…..I understand what you’re saying but this clown world that we’re living in today has the world upside down. The British are paying to subsidize the 1 royal family while we’re subsidizing every politician and their royal families including ex presidents and ex congress critters …so which one is smarter?

Good one aces....

Illegitimi non carborundum

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stophel
Apparently, "Q" knew about this, and it's all part of The Plan.
Trust the plan.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Raspy
Good riddance. Brits can’t afford to heat their homes or pay their electrical bills but subsidize this family to live lives of luxury. Idiots.

And we don’t?…..I understand what you’re saying but this clown world that we’re living in today has the world upside down. The British are paying to subsidize the 1 royal family while we’re subsidizing every politician and their royal families including ex presidents and ex congress critters …so which one is smarter?

Good one aces....

Parliament shows up for free eh? Just the one family on the dole...

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
This just in from Kingston.
From the Queens Birthday jubilee earlier this year I think.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rong
96 is a fantastic run.
And she always seemed classy.

Absolutely! She was a lady that was steadfastly dedicated to her people and her country and I respect her immensely for that. I’ve “evolved” my attitude about the monarchy over the years. The people of England are the ones who get to decide how they structure their nation but ultimately I don’t think the monarchy is necessarily a negative thing. The people seem to love their monarchy and I believe that for them it’s a system that works. It offers stability to the people who have known nothing more than living under a monarchy. It provides entertainment and a nod to their history with the pomp and frills of their royal events and it’s a PROUD reminder of their SHARED history….something we’d be wise to think about, sharing in our common accomplishments rather than focusing on our differences.

I always thought that the monarchy was not only wasteful but that they basically rubbed the faces of the commoners in the massive disparity of wealth by throwing such lavish banquets and balls. Over the years I’ve realized that all first world countries have their various protocols of pomp for state dinners and entertaining world leaders so I don’t know if the British are that much different from us in that respect.

If that’s the way the British want to structure their government that’s fine with me. My ancestors fought the British so that WE could decide how WE wanted to structure our government.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good take on the Queen by Tucker Carlson..

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DMc

That’s a great take by Tucker. He’s usually pretty spot on but that was better than most.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Whenever someone dies who's been a mainstay during my life on earth, it's at least a bit sad. The rate at which we are losing them seems to me to be accelerating.
Heard she just got boosted

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Princess Elizabeth explains to the Queen what she has done to the car engine. April, 1945.
source: The International Museum of World War II

A Princess At War: Queen Elizabeth II During World War II
During the Second World War, life changed dramatically for the people of Britain, including the Royal Family.
March 22, 2021
The National WWII Museum

excerpts:

When Princess Elizabeth turned 18 in 1944, she insisted upon joining the Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS), the women’s branch of the British Army. For several years during the war, Britain had conscripted women to join the war effort. Unmarried women under 30 had to join the armed forces or work on the land or in industry. King George made sure that his daughter was not given a special rank in the Army. She started as a second subaltern in the ATS and was later promoted to Junior Commander, the equivalent of Captain.

Princess Elizabeth began her training as a mechanic in March 1945. She undertook a driving and vehicle maintenance course at Aldershot, qualifying on April 14. Newspapers at the time dubbed her “Princess Auto Mechanic.”

The King and Queen and Princess Margaret visited Princess Elizabeth at the Mechanical Transport Training Section in Camberley, Surrey, and watched her learn about engine maintenance. When describing the visit to LIFE Magazine, the Princess commented “I never knew there was quite so much advance preparation [for a royal visit] ...I’ll know another time.”

On May 8, 1945, the war in Europe ended. In London, thousands of people took to the streets to celebrate, flooding Trafalgar Square and the Mall leading up to Buckingham Palace where the King and Queen greeted them from the balcony. As the light began to fade and the celebrations looked to continue into the night, Princess Elizabeth, dressed in her ATS uniform, slipped into the crowds with her sister to enjoy the festivities. In 1985, the now Queen spoke to the BBC about how she tried to avoid being spotted, “I remember we were terrified of being recognized so I pulled my uniform cap well down over my eyes.” She described the “lines of unknown people linking arms and walking down Whitehall, and all of us were swept along by tides of happiness and relief.” There are even reports that the princesses joined a conga dance through the Ritz Hotel as they celebrated with the crowds. “I think it was one of the most memorable nights of my life.” she recalled.

As a member of the ATS, she was the first female of the Royal family to be an active duty member of the British Armed Forces.

full article here:
https://www.nationalww2museum.org/war/articles/queen-elizabeth-ii-during-world-war-ii

Princess Elizabeth, as a 2nd Subaltern in the ATS, leans against a vehicle during training. Imperial War Museum, TR 2835.

IN MEMORIAM
Tribute to Queen Elizabeth II
The National WWII Museum expresses its deepest sympathies to the British Royal Family and the peoples of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth on today’s passing of Queen Elizabeth II (1926–2022).
September 8, 2022
https://www.nationalww2museum.org/about-us/notes-museum/tribute-queen-elizabeth-ii

Celebrating V-E Day on the balcony of Buckingham Palace are (L-R), Princess Elizabeth, Queen Elizabeth, Prime Minister Winston Churchill, His Majesty King George VI, and Princess Margaret. Image from the Imperial War Museum collection, MH 21835.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Whenever someone dies who's been a mainstay during my life on earth, it's at least a bit sad. The rate at which we are losing them seems to me to be accelerating.
Heard she just got boosted
I have no idea what her Covid policy ideas were for the masses. Or how it meshed with British thinking overall. Being in her mid 90’s and a figurehead when Covid became a thing she probably followed public policy doctrine but who knows? As long as someone doesn’t try to force it upon me I couldn’t care less how many fancy flu shots someone else has.

A classy woman that with the exceptions of Thatcher was better than all of the PM’s that have passed through in her time.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where is Biden administration response and condolences?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[color:#FF0000][/color]

And we don’t?…..I understand what you’re saying but this clown world that we’re living in today has the world upside down. The British are paying to subsidize the 1 royal family while we’re subsidizing every politician and their royal families including ex presidents and ex congresscritters …so which one is smarter?

well said

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by norm99

And we don’t?…..I understand what you’re saying but this clown world that we’re living in today has the world upside down. The British are paying to subsidize the 1 royal family while we’re subsidizing every politician and their royal families including ex presidents and ex congresscritters …so which one is smarter?

well said
Exactly

The big thing that the UK has going for it is tourism. The Royal family, castles, and historical sites. It more than pays for itself. Take that away and it’s just another European nation overrun with Muslims.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DMc

That was excellent!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by norm99

well said
Yes. An excellent point.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DMc

That was excellent!

Yep, Tucker hit it out of the ballpark 😎

The British weren’t kicked out of anywhere, the Empire fell apart because of their own innate decency.

Support for our own revolution among the people in England itself played a significant role in England’s decision to cut its losses and recognize our independence.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Rest in Peace, Queen Elizabeth!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Honestly I had no idea so many people thought so much of her
I have never really paid attention to the "Royals"

It was a good clip of Tucker Thanks for posting DMc

I am just sickened by the mind numbed robots that destroy public statues and that it is allowed

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 219 Wasp, 52 invisible), 2,547 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,578
Posts18,473,324
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.