Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
EVERYONES eyes are different, not sure why the Vortex hate just because they are NOT for you.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Slowtrollr
EVERYONES eyes are different, not sure why the Vortex hate just because they are NOT for you.

Glass quality/clarity is rarely the gist (or angst) of any discussion concerning that brand.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G

Because many of us have owned them and realized they are a POS. Sub-par glass AND Mechanics

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I put a Vortex viper on my Sako 260. Thought I would give one a try. It was ok at best, I was a little disappointed in the glass. The illuminated reticle brightness would fluctuate, It would just get a little brighter and then get dimmer on its own with out touching the adjustment knob. There are better options out there. I replaced it with Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44. No comparison. I could have just as easily replaced it with one of my Trijicons or Burris's. Either would have been better than the Vortex imo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They would not fix or replace the 2 vipers i had go bad, screw them

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

No one complains about how they look. They complain about how they work and that's not subjective but objective regardless of user. Either it tracks and RTZ or it doesn't.

#1 reason cited for using a Vortex is because of warranty and the fact that someone had a bad one and Vortex replaced it.

Vortex doesn't "warrantee" a scope because your eyes are different. They warrantee scopes that are broken. Objectively. And they do it A LOT.

Me

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I will buy the Vortex Viper 2x7 like that model prefer the BDC sadly its been dropped. Have 3 or 4 with no issues.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Had a vortex crossfire that came on a rifle scope combo deal. It was easily one of the worst scopes I have ever look at. To me it had a pink hue to the glass when you looked through it. Took it off and put a leupold on the rifle. I traded it to my gunsmith for a trigger job on the rifle.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I hate them for a myriad of reasons. Chief among them is the name. This is a Vortex. Who names their scope brand after a toilet flush? On second thought, it's a very appropriate name.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Teal

No one complains about how they look. They complain about how they work and that's not subjective but objective regardless of user. Either it tracks and RTZ or it doesn't.

#1 reason cited for using a Vortex is because of warranty and the fact that someone had a bad one and Vortex replaced it.

Vortex doesn't "warrantee" a scope because your eyes are different. They warrantee scopes that are broken. Objectively. And they do it A LOT.
I’ve bought one Vortex product. It is long gone. Seems like overpriced junk.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I own 1 piece of vortex gear, a mount for an AR. Certified piece of crap.

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by boatanchor
Originally Posted by specneeds
Mine has been fine nothing special optically but the 22-259 it’s on shoots tiny little groups.

WOW, never heard of this chambering !!!!!!! what kind of rifle ???????? wink

The 9 is too close to the zero on my phone apparently for thumbs this fat. The “22-250” is a very accurate REM 700 heavy barrel that keeps blowing up 16 Oz water bottles at 200 yards for new shooters.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I came to this forum for a random classified, and I think I will stay for the NO BS attitude it seems everyone has here. This is the first place I have seen people publicly posting on exactly what I experienced with Vortex products. At this point in my life, I dont want to bother with sending something in for a free replacement, how about they just make the damn thing right the first time.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by YourFavoritePizzaGuy
I came to this forum for a random classified, and I think I will stay for the NO BS attitude it seems everyone has here. This is the first place I have seen people publicly posting on exactly what I experienced with Vortex products. At this point in my life, I dont want to bother with sending something in for a free replacement, how about they just make the damn thing right the first time.

Don't be surprised if folks don't want to deal with an unknown, low post count noob on a firearms transaction.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only Viper I've ever purchased had a canted reticle and got sent back to Midway. No second chances.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've owned a couple of Viper Binos and Viper 3-9x40 scopes (also had a Diamondback scope). No issues with any, all worked as advertised. The Viper 10x42 binos provided an excellent view, very sharp and crisp. I was comparing them directly with my Swarovski 10x42 SLC's. I did not have them long enough to know about durability but they seemed solid, I'd use one no problem. The scopes were mostly lowish power bdc reticle scopes and sighted in easily and held zero. BDC kind of eliminated the need for twisting turrets so they were twisted minimally. FWIW turrets had much more positive clicks on viper than diamondback. Not VX5 quality as someone compared earlier but for a <$300 scope - totally serviceable.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I’ve heard mixed reviews on their scopes but good reviews on their binoculars, have you guys heard of many problems with binoculars? I bought my son Vortex 10x50 Diamondbacks and they are very clear and seem nice to us, 2 years old no problems yet

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Vortex seems to be the dominant optics brand, on YouTube anyway. I was given a Diamondback bino for Christmas some years back, and it’s been fine, but in general I’m suspicious about any brand with a wide range of offerings running from cheap to pretty spendy. They do have good customer service if my experience with a Sparc2 is typical. Better not to need it though….

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I've owned several Vortex optics and still do and only had an issue with one which was a pair of Crossfire bino's that i bought for my daughter. Vortex replaced them and sent a new upgraded pair so i can't complain about that. I currently have a pair of 10x42 Vipers that replaced a pair of 10x42 Diamondbacks that i gave to my brother and both have been very good but the Viper is a little better to me but not by much. I have a Diamondback 2x7x35 on a 22mag that has been flawless and an older model 2.5x10x44 Viper on a .308 that has also been trouble free. I had a Diamondback 3x9x40 on a 243 and i sold it with the rifle and the young man is still using it with no complaints.
I own several Leupold VX5's and the Vortex is in no way a Leupold but for the money i personally think they are good optics and i wouldn't hesitate to buy another one or recommend one to someone. All this of course is just my opinion based on my experience with Vortex products. smile

Life's Tough, God's Good, Pray Hard!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was given a Vortex Viper scope that ended up on a 7STW that's eaten two Burris scopes. I was able to sight it in quickly with predictable tracking. We'll see.

LOL
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

251 members (2500HD, 160user, 17CalFan, 257 mag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 23 invisible), 1,834 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,356
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.