H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Boy, you see some bizarre sh*t on this forum.

H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I know,I know, he kind of knocks your socks off and puts you in awe of his vocals!! crazy

Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Probably the first punk rocker!!

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I was expecting Elvis

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He could beat both Hank Williams and Johnny Cash for worst singing in a cowboy hat…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I could see some really drunk people getting down to that. Huntz where did you find that guy ?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Wisconsin! It figures!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Robert Plant
Roy Orberson
Tom Petty
David Gilmore, and others to many to say who is best.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
He could be the under card for a polka band !!

IC B3

H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by dakota300rum
I could see some really drunk people getting down to that. Huntz where did you find that guy ?
He is a Texan.Actually saw him in a CW Club in Chitcago in the late 1960`s.Sounded good when stoned.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Brad Delp is worth consideration.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by shrapnel
He could beat both Hank Williams and Johnny Cash for worst singing in a cowboy hat…

Hank Williams, maybe, but never Johnny Cash. Cash was hands down the worst.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
That was nasty.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Here are his reviews.
The Ledge Rocks The House
Reviewed in the United States on July 9, 2004
Verified Purchase
I have been a fan of The Ledge since I was first introduced to "Paralyzed" many years ago. I had no idea that so many other people found The Ledge fascinating and entertaining until recently and I think that is a wonderful thing. Some will find his music confusing or hard to appreciate, but if you can see the beauty of it, it is timeless. I think that I have a complete catalog of Ledge material, but have never seen him live. This CD is the best simulation of that experience available. The band is great and The Ledge is in fine form, featuring not only brilliant vocalizations, but excellent trumpet work (the solo on "Paralyzed" is still one of the most entertaining bits of musical genius in history).
Standouts include not only the very up-tempo version of "Ghost riders In The Sky" to open the show, but also (of course) "Paralyzed", and "Standing In A Trashcan (Thinking Of You)". The sound quality is good, and the audience is very enthusiastic.
The Ledge isn't for everybody, but if you like borderline insanity in a live Psychobilly act, this CD can't be beat!
2 people found this helpful
Helpful
Report abuse
TimothyFarrell22
2.0 out of 5 stars Eh...
Reviewed in the United States on June 29, 2005
I love raw and primative music. Hasil Adkins, the Shaggs, and the Monks all have treasured spots in my CD wallet. However, this has its moments but is just a bit too primative at times. It's funny every now and than and jaw dropping, but it's just a bit too incoherent. Seeing him live is probably a funner experiance than listening to him. Certainly weird and wild, but not really listenable. If you like the Ledge, you'll like this disc. If you find him to be incoherant and annoying, this will certainly not change your opinion. Not bad by all means, but theres so much better primative music out there you can listen to.
Helpful
Report abuse
M. S. Tucker
5.0 out of 5 stars Grandpappy to Psychobilly Y'all!
Reviewed in the United States on June 17, 2002
Got this totally on accident..and I gotta tell you..WOW! I mean we have all heard Johnny Cash's 'Ghost Riders in the Sky', but not quite like this my friends. Follow that up with 'Paralyzed' and you will be anything but, you'll want to dust off them boots and find the seediest[]bar you can!
This is unreal, had no clue about the band or anything and though, gee, this is very psychobilly inn't? Well, shut my mouth...it's the GODFATHER of psychobilly y'all!
Amazing flurry of steel guitars and a wailin' footstompin; good time...wish I'd been there! Here's the added bonus...a back up band consisting of Dead Kennedy members?
Honestly, buy this....take it home, crack open a Lone star and cross over into this light becuase..truly, all are welcome.
PSST...incidentally, this is where Bowie got his Ziggy persona idea...pass it on!
YEE HAW!
4 people found this helpful
Helpful
Report abuse
Jack Dempsey
1.0 out of 5 stars Come on people...
Reviewed in the United States on December 10, 2003
...it's "The Ledge." Having grown up in the S.F. Bay Area, and having been exposed to "Retro-rocket Back To Earth" at an early age and having seen "The Ledge" lurking around Streetlight Records in San Jose, I can honsetly say that you aren't missing much here. The Ledge is as awful as he's always been. The Godfather of psychobilly? Hardly. You want to go for the genuine article, get ANYTHING by Hasil Adkins. He is/was the epitome of the "psycho" in billy (if you are going to stick with that term anyway). The Ledge is a clear-cut example of someone ripping off Hasil. Too bad there are those who know what a hack The Ledge actually is. You want something that is quality? Get ANYTHING by Ronnie Dawson.

At any rate, do yourself a favor and avoid this one. It bl*ws as badly as The Ledge himself.
One person found this helpful
Helpful
Report abuse
Steve Jackson (lov4tenderaol.com)
5.0 out of 5 stars You haven't heard it all!!
Reviewed in the United States on October 18, 1999
I was one of the few at the Lounge Axe to see the Ledge's first Midwest show in a long time. He blew my mind. I have yet to hear this CD but I'm sure it is great. The only disadvantage you, as the listener, may have is that you will now be able to witness the "cowboy twist" or the Ledge's striptease at the end of the show. To say the least, he is one hell of an entertainer. His backing band rocked as well. If you'd like pictures of this show or more info, I'd be glad to help.
10 people found this helpful
Helpful
Report abuse
neil talley
5.0 out of 5 stars A True Legend in Our Time
Reviewed in the United States on March 29, 2001
I first got onto the Legendary Stardust Cowboy back in the early '70's when I came acrossed the 45 recording of Paralyzed/Who's Knocking At My Door which was on Mercury records. It was so great that I went back and bought six more copies for my friends. Though his music is different, the power and intensity is unequalled in his style of music. The Ledge is truely a Legened in our time!
5 people found this helpful
Helpful
Report abuse
Diana Mercer
5.0 out of 5 stars Cotton Pickin' Smash!
Reviewed in the United States on September 4, 2000
The Legendary Stardust Cowboy has a chapter in Irwin Chusid's book "Songs in the Key of Z" also available on Amazon. His newly revamped web site is up at [...] Granted, this music is not for everybody, but his power, vigor, and enthusiasm put this at the top of my chart!
6 people found this helpful
Helpful
Report abuse
See all reviews

Last edited by Huntz; 09/12/22.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Craigster
That was nasty.

Thanks...

I ALMOST clicked...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dakota300rum
He could be the under card for a polka band !!
LOL

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Roy Orbison, by far, Reached four complete octives. One in a million!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Craigster
That was nasty.

Thanks...

I ALMOST clicked...

If you just think ....Joe Cocker and Cochise had a son on meth..... you won't have to click.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

478 members (21, 12344mag, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 39 invisible), 2,115 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,796
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.