Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep Soul Brother

Coyotes shot no waiting.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
You be careful with this my friend. I heard on the news that having fun is now a felony. laugh

The beatings will continue until moral improves!

laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Kool

great pics

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cool!

Birds flew good for pen raised.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Thanks Leighton for the pics, falls coming fast., I was thinking partridge birds! Nice to phesent pics! Seems like a life time ago since I bird hunted. Grouse numbers are down around here the last few years!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Old Abe looked like he was having some fun, cool videos and pics.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Sorry in advance for the crappy phone pics ...

What crappy phone pics? Those look pretty damn nice.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Ta for the kind comments, gents. Mark had ten birds tossed out in about 120 acres prior to our arrival (soft, not hard releases). Birds are bred on the premises, in net covered pens measured in acres. In a perfect world, I'd be chasing wild Chinese Chickens where they're native, but the reality is that they're not Yankee, or even 'Merican birds and local predators won't allow wild broods to make these birds a species that can adapt and reproduce here. I don't harbor any moral quandaries about the fact that these birds are bred for their destruction. They're tasty and all, so ain't no puzzle. wink

New 2 99s, those girls are gorgeous. Do yer lassies earn their keep? wink

Ma ane' sorry lassies when daddy was headed out without them.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

DD, you stop makee me laughee. Fun + felony now? OK, fine. 'Breaking the law, BREAKING THE LAW!' with a nod to Judas Priest...

Confessions of a soft lab dad: I felt so guilty for leaving my pups at home while I shot birds, before letting myself back in my pad (and yes, pad, Grizz, you softcock you), I took my brace of ill-fated roosters and planted them around the house for them to find. Both of them took about a hot minute to locate a bird each, but their reactions were comical. It was like, "DADDY I FOUND A BIRD HEAH, AND...hey wait one damned second, this fugger's already dead!" Both mouthed their birds, then spat them out and each refused to fetch them to me. Maybe both of them have become lascistss against these alien almond-eyed birds. It's almost a hate crime. Or sum-ting. wink

Hey Grizz, you're boring me. Try again, perhaps?

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Nice work. What does it cost for 100 birds if you don’t mind me asking.

Mike, I'd no idea but looked it up. Buy 100, get 120 birds. Also included are driven tower shoots, member banquets, facility benefits, etc., etc. Nice distraction but for my dollar I'll stick to killing limits on WMAs in MA and NH and be perfectly happy. They are all, after all, pen raised birds no matter how you slice the breast. I have 5 places within 15 miles of me in MA and NH where I and my pups regularly kill our brace of birds inside an hour at each outing.

For the price of the annual membership at that place I can cover flights and accomodations on an international trip for a week for the wife and me. Cost per annum for the local 'tags' to do so costs about 50 bucks a year for both states. YMMV, but for me, I'd choose being a guest than dues paying member of such a place. That said, I had fun and very much appreciated being a guest on a free ride. But as always, things will boomerang back and I'll make good for Mark's generosity.
https://www.newenglandupland.com/services

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Great post !

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Remington40x
I have a couple of boxes of shells just like that in the cabinet. Old memories.

Yep. I’ve got some of those in 16 ga. Don’t know if they were Dad’s or some Dad got from GrandDad.
Gotta be at least 25 years old or more.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Kamo, I shoot federals of that age all the time they are great. Looks like you had a good time.congrats...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

What this has to do with the OP I've no idea... But then again, 'you'd better watch OUT; there's many dogs about! Things are not what they seem!'

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great post and pics!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hey, I'm diggin on that cool ol Chevy pickup!

Looks like a great time Leighton.....

heck its one of those kind of places, that I don't have to get anything..

I'd just enjoy out there hiking around and carrying my rifle...

cheers and best regards!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Leighton - I'm betting the 330 on that box was the price.
$3.30 probably was from back in the late '60's / early '70's, IIRC.
Have another great day, and post more pic's, please.
My best to Mrs. KG, also.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I have been a member there for several years now. I am soon to be 78 and I might have been 74 when I joined. I have hunted Mass and NH all of my hunting life. When I started at age 16. things were different. Having a dog was a luxury many couldn't/wouldn't afford. Me being one. I got my first hunting dog in 1972, a Brittany. Since then, it was black, labs and now an English Setter. Most state stocked birds are non existent after first the weekend. Most stocking sites are overgrown with briars and bitter sweet. I grew tired of watching me and my setter get all cut up. I discovered NEU and fell in love with the operation. I love watching my dog do what she loves to do.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
I have been a member there for several years now. I am soon to be 78 and I might have been 74 when I joined. I have hunted Mass and NH all of my hunting life. When I started at age 16. things were different. Having a dog was a luxury many couldn't/wouldn't afford. Me being one. I got my first hunting dog in 1972, a Brittany. Since then, it was black, labs and now an English Setter. Most state stocked birds are non existent after the weekend. Most stocking sites are overgrown with briars and bitter sweet. I grew tired of watching me setter get all cut up. I discovered NEU and fell in love with the operation. I love watching my dog do what she loves to do.

Hey now! Small world, and yes, it really is a pretty place with good folks. Do you know. Adam Mac, the Scotsman, one of the gamekeepers? He and I are friends, and both of our mothers are from Glasgow. And this fellow? Name is Bill, I think. One of your fellow members. Runs an old English setter. We chatted him and his buddy up for a few minutes as we were all getting set to head into the fields. Very nice guys. He took one look at my Ithaca and said, 'oh, a model 100! Great gun. I have one and love it. Been killing birds with it since 1967!' Funny thing is, Mark at that time does a double take as he sees me with my double and says, 'A MODEL 100? That was my first gun and I killed my very first birds with mine as a kid in Maryland in '69!' Then those two pulled out a couple of expensive Italian guns. Anyway, here's Bill with his Trump hat. wink

As far as briars and bittersweet in the fields, I hear you but there are plenty of exceptions, sir. Also, not sure if you still chase birds in MA, but the state puts out 40K a year in the WMAs, and probably 75% of the time we find birds. The places I frequent are nice fields, woodland cuts and the like and the dogs don't get beat up at all. Just tired. wink If you know Connor farm just south of 101, that's a small, but great little place in NH. Exeter, I think it is. Just stay away opening day, as it's a veritable zoo with a lot of lead flying everywhere. Seriously.

Thanks again for the input and nice comments, gents.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
I have been a member there for several years now. I am soon to be 78 and I might have been 74 when I joined. I have hunted Mass and NH all of my hunting life. When I started at age 16. things were different. Having a dog was a luxury many couldn't/wouldn't afford. Me being one. I got my first hunting dog in 1972, a Brittany. Since then, it was black, labs and now an English Setter. Most state stocked birds are non existent after the weekend. Most stocking sites are overgrown with briars and bitter sweet. I grew tired of watching me setter get all cut up. I discovered NEU and fell in love with the operation. I love watching my dog do what she loves to do.

Hey now! Small world, and yes, it really is a pretty place with good folks. Do you know. Adam Mac, the Scotsman, one of the gamekeepers? He and I are friends, and both of our mothers are from Glasgow. And this fellow? Name is Bill, I think. One of your fellow members. Runs an old English setter. We chatted him and his buddy up for a few minutes as we were all getting set to head into the fields. Very nice guys. He took one look at my Ithaca and said, 'oh, a model 100! Great gun. I have one and love it. Been killing birds with it since 1967!' Funny thing is, Mark at that time does a double take as he sees me with my double and says, 'A MODEL 100? That was my first gun and I killed my very first birds with mine as a kid in Maryland in '69!' Then those two pulled out a couple of expensive Italian guns. Anyway, here's Bill with his Trump hat. wink

As far as briars and bittersweet in the fields, I hear you but there are plenty of exceptions, sir. Also, not sure if you still chase birds in MA, but the state puts out 40K a year in the WMAs, and probably 75% of the time we find birds. The places I frequent are nice fields, woodland cuts and the like and the dogs don't get beat up at all. Just tired. wink If you know Connor farm just south of 101, that's a small, but great little place in NH. Exeter, I think it is. Just stay away opening day, as it's a veritable zoo with a lot of lead flying everywhere. Seriously.

Thanks again for the input and nice comments, gents.

Sure I know Adam, but only from NEU. He and I are friends on facebook. He has always taken good care of my wife and me. I still work full time. I don't like to hunt until the weather cools. It is better for my dog AND me. I am pretty much a home body these days and aside from an annual trip to Anticosti Island with my wife NEU is my treat. BTW, here I am right now at work and my Trump Hat. As for the other gentleman you mentioned,. I don't think I have ever met him.

And here is what is hanging on my cube entry.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.