Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NoDak
Old Forester 1920 neat. Cool and rainy here today. This takes the chill out.

I enjoy 1920 the same way. I like their bottled in bond offering on ice. Just have not cracked open the new bottle yet. Waiting for the weather to turn to pull out the heavier bourbons neat.

I enjoy Blanton's, just think it is over hyped. Had a chance to buy a bottle at $130.00. Was an easy pass.

Arcus Venator

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CRS
I enjoy Blanton's, just think it is over hyped. Had a chance to buy a bottle at $130.00. Was an easy pass.

It's squarely half that much here....... IF you could find it.....which you can't. Bought 4 bottles of it the only time I ever saw it. Still have 3 of them unopened. Probably stay that way unless I feel the need to impress someone who knows little or nothing about bourbon. There's several bottles that sit the store shelves every day that drink as good as or better than Blanton's at a $30-ish price point.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dark rum (not spiced) has replaced gin as my standard libation. Problem is getting decent stuff here, wedged as I am between the VA state stores and the 7-11 in Charles Town, neither of which has much of a selection. Scored some Appleton Estate 12year-old a few weeks back, but it’s gone and they don't even have the entry-level version, so I’m reduced to Bacardi 8 year-old, not awful, but not great either. Costs half-again as much as the cheap Appleton to boot.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Jamesons in the coffee this morn.

Little hair of the dog.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Orange Juice

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by slumlord
Busch

And not that Busch Light crap

Hahaha! Busch Latte aint bad.

I am drinking Banquet beer tonight.
I've got fond memories of Busch Light. Just after I got done with college my then girlfriend would bring it to me by the case, and I never even had to ask. I should've kept her around, she was hot as fugk.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's been Busch Light for me for a couple of weeks. Trying to shed a few pounds. It's better than no beer at all.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Dark rum (not spiced) has replaced gin as my standard libation. Problem is getting decent stuff here, wedged as I am between the VA state stores and the 7-11 in Charles Town, neither of which has much of a selection. Scored some Appleton Estate 12year-old a few weeks back, but it’s gone and they don't even have the entry-level version, so I’m reduced to Bacardi 8 year-old, not awful, but not great either. Costs half-again as much as the cheap Appleton to boot.

Mount Gay black barrel and Cruzan single barrel are both tasty. Flor de Cana 12 also.

Last edited by jackmountain; 09/18/22.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Blanton and 7up

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by B_n_C_Buck
Nothing fancy, Evan Williams BIB on ice.

Not fancy but good... wont impress the snobs, but a fine choice

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by NVhntr
It's been Busch Light for me for a couple of weeks. Trying to shed a few pounds. It's better than no beer at all.

Is it now?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by CRS

It's squarely half that much here....... IF you could find it.....which you can't. Bought 4 bottles of it the only time I ever saw it. Still have 3 of them unopened. Probably stay that way unless I feel the need to impress someone who knows little or nothing about bourbon. There's several bottles that sit the store shelves every day that drink as good as or better than Blanton's at a $30-ish price point.

How long have you been drinking Blanton's? There was a time before brown spirits "blew up" and became trendy when it was really fine stuff.

I agree that what's been in the market for a while now is overpriced and not up to snuff.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by B_n_C_Buck
Nothing fancy, Evan Williams BIB on ice.

Not fancy but good... wont impress the snobs, but a fine choice

Yeah it is. Evan single barrel is my favorite bourbon by far. Used to be able to get it at the small store back at the mountain but no more. I bought 12 bottles last time I found it but it didn’t last long. Not much of a “sipper”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More apple pie here. 100 proof homemade

Last edited by mtnsnake; 09/18/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mathman
How long have you been drinking Blanton's? There was a time before brown spirits "blew up" and became trendy when it was really fine stuff.

I agree that what's been in the market for a while now is overpriced and not up to snuff.

Only about 3 years. I believe the bottles I snagged were a 2019 dump date. I'd have to look. But to be fair.......... I've only ever drank it from one single bottle. And being a single barrel, I may have gotten one that just was off my preference. But, I'd take Eagle Rare, Weller Special Reserve, Four Roses Small Batch and Sazerac Rye at $27-$33 over Blanton's $64 any day. Maybe the "good old days" of brown booze were really better.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Evan Williams tonight.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Had a couple of glasses of good red wine (Belle Glos Pinot) with homemade pizza tonight!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
More apple pie here. 100 proof homemade

Without the apples.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Only about 3 years. I believe the bottles I snagged were a 2019 dump date. I'd have to look. But to be fair.......... I've only ever drank it from one single bottle. And being a single barrel, I may have gotten one that just was off my preference. But, I'd take Eagle Rare, Weller Special Reserve, Four Roses Small Batch and Sazerac Rye at $27-$33 over Blanton's $64 any day. Maybe the "good old days" of brown booze were really better.

A few years ago my whiskey buds and I had five bottles open at once for a tasting. Two were OK, one was pretty darn good, and two more were fantastic.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

A few years ago my whiskey buds and I had five bottles open at once for a tasting. Two were OK, one was pretty darn good, and two more were fantastic.

That's a good exercise if you've got 5 bottles on hand. I don't realistically expect to ever see another bottle in a store.

I have noticed that, while most bottles of Eagle Rare (also a single barrel) are fantastic..........once in a while you get one that's only superb. Also had a bottle of 4R Single barrel that nosed, palated and finished like a glass of turpentine and isopropyl mixed. Bad day at the distillery, I guess. But close to $50 for a bottle that got mixed with Pepsi........

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,661 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,739
Posts18,495,048
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.