-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In January I plan on being completely retired. I'd like to help folks like you when that day arrives. It sounds like a great adventure to me.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Based on your pondering's I'd say you are nowhere near ready to leave Oregon.

LOL

Please stay.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
When I finally cleared out our stuff from CA after selling the house I thought about a UHaul but couldn't stand the idea of driving one of those clapped out trucks 1000+ miles. We found a company that will let you buy space in a 40' Conex. They then get other people who are sending stuff in the same general direction to fill up the rest of the container and off it goes (via rail for longer trips, then local truck delivery to your house). It took about a month, total, to load it up, wait for the other customers to do their thing and then get it to its destination, but we weren't in a hurry.

We got rid of most of our stuff beforehand (either sold it or took it to the dump) because it was just cheaper to buy new stuff and that made life a lot easier.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Red Lab + Plug Freezer in @ Motel + Idling KIA = Stay in Oregon.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by kwg020
In January I plan on being completely retired. I'd like to help folks like you when that day arrives. It sounds like a great adventure to me.

kwg

an adventure driving from Oregon to Arkansas?

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high about a "great adventure"...

Myself, I wouldn't trade Roseburg OR for Arkansas....locals may be the same in both places...

but for outdoor activities, and just getting away from people... I'd stay here in Oregon...

there are good people in Oregon... but we also seem to have more than our share or quota of useless meth heads & drug addicts/ welfare bums.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The idling KIA is straight epic.

LOL

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL

C'mon now. It would keep the puppy nice and cool......

Until it started on FIRE!

LOL

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good luck. Moving is not a DIY project in my mind. Moving is bad enough without all the logistics headaches to boot. Hopefully the declining fuel prices will make a shipping company an attractive alternative.

However you decide to get it done, make sure everything is fully insured. As Leanwolf pointed out, moving vans are a very, very popular target.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
PODS

FJB & FJT
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by High_Noon
+1 for Penske. U-Haul sucks.

Agreed. We rented a Penske and got a substantial discount using our AAA card. The discount was worth more than the membership. Worth looking into.

https://www.pensketruckrental.com/discounts/aaa/

12% discount and unlimited miles with AAA card.

Last edited by Dess; 09/19/22.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So why does the dog have to ride in Kia that is being towed?? How come the dog can’t ride up front in the uhual with you? Or I don’t know ride with the wife? Far as freezer give the 5yr old meat you been hoarding away. Also have one big ass yard sale… chit down Arkansas, Mississippi is dirt cheap you.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

there are good people in Oregon... but we also seem to have more than our share or quota of useless meth heads & drug addicts/ welfare bums.

You are not doing a very good job selling oregon

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Good luck. Moving is not a DIY project in my mind. Moving is bad enough without all the logistics headaches to boot. Hopefully the declining fuel prices will make a shipping company an attractive alternative.

However you decide to get it done, make sure everything is fully insured. As Leanwolf pointed out, moving vans are a very, very popular target.

Declining fuel prices?

LOL

You really are a dumb fugk aren’t you?

R
rufous Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
The dog is too big to fit comfortably in the front seat of the truck. The back seat area of the truck will likely be full with stuff that I don't want in the big truck and even if it didn't my wife thinks that space is too small for the dog to be comfortable. He is her baby and keeping my wife happy helps the marriage. Some of you understand this.

Maybe the dog could be on the seat beside me in the big truck. I will see how that would work.

Thanks for the Penske AAA discount idea. Will look into that as well.

I don't see the pods as a viable option because it would need to be dropped off at the storage unit place and the owner of those would not want it in the way until the company could come back and pick it up.

When we moved from Michigan to Oregon we were able to plug the freezer in at the hotel each night. Hopefully we can do that again.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rufous
The dog is too big to fit comfortably in the front seat of the truck. The back seat area of the truck will likely be full with stuff that I don't want in the big truck and even if it didn't my wife thinks that space is too small for the dog to be comfortable. He is her baby and keeping my wife happy helps the marriage. Some of you understand this.

Maybe the dog could be on the seat beside me in the big truck. I will see how that would work.

Thanks for the Penske AAA discount idea. Will look into that as well.

I don't see the pods as a viable option because it would need to be dropped off at the storage unit place and the owner of those would not want it in the way until the company could come back and pick it up.

When we moved from Michigan to Oregon we were able to plug the freezer in at the hotel each night. Hopefully we can do that again.

Stay in Oregon..
If your ol lady thinks it’s fine a dandy to throw ol rover into the towed Kia with windows rolled down on a 2k mile road trip. Then you all need to keep that logic in Oregon. When I moved my family back to Alaska 2014, we gave away couches, beds, bedroom sets, TV’s etc. less is better..

Last edited by 79S; 09/19/22.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
the dry ice is perfect for the freezer -fergit pulggin it in.

i have used 10 lb to freeze elk that was not in a freezer to get from colorado to arkasas.

Last edited by rayporter; 09/19/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just hauled the fam from Washington to South Carolina.

I purged….Sold two boats, a truck, the car…..Gave away the big chest freezer along with 100ish pounds of beef and other schit. Most of the furniture was sold or donated.

Packed up and shipped what was left and hauled the fam cross country with the camper. Great trip. 2 and 1/2 weeks and 4300 miles.

I have what’s left of my schit spread out in 3 states. Lol. Can’t even change the freaking oil.

And you know what? It feels good😁

Good luck Rofous!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
PENSKE if you insist on going that route.

Dog in the front seat with you. I can't imagine your dog enjoying the ride in the Kia alone.

Sell the Lazy Boys and any other thing you think you "need". If you haven't found a place to rent/buy yet you have no need for a Lazy Boy recliner and will only have to pay to store it and any other crap you haul there. Unless it's family heirloom stuff, furniture is replaceable.

Others have given you a lot of ideas. Here's another. Will the new vineyard owner give you permission to park one of them Pods things there until you find a house? Realize also, many (most??) Storage places also store boats and vehicles. See if they can arrange for the Pods deal to sit in a boat space or such.

Whatever happens, keep the dog with one of its people.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought you guys would give up better comments than this I was looking for stuff like learn to kiss your sister and Pat your brother on the ass kind of language

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL

Hahaha

Camp is where you make it.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1936M71, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 57 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 873 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,803
Posts18,496,365
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.