Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
"Would you want no restrictions on gun purchases in South Chicago?" Definitely.
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
I think the whole damned form is unConstitutional!

šŸ¤¬

I wouldnā€™t go that far. I donā€™t think wife beater or non-citizens should have guns. The constitution applies to American citizens who arenā€™t criminals. Iā€™m happy with that construct.
You think 4473 forms are stopping criminals? Lol

It depends. It probably stops, or at least slows some. Felons arenā€™t always the brightest people out there. But that doesnā€™t change the fact that I donā€™t think felons should have guns. And if a felon lies on a form thatā€™s another charge they can be convicted on. The same goes for a felon who attains a gun without a background check. Itā€™s all illegal.

Do you think convicted felons should have guns?

Depends on the ā€œfelonyā€.

Do you know that it is a Felony to carry you personal protection firearm into a bar or a restaurant that earns more than 51% of it income from alcohol in the State of TX.

Do you think doing so should take away oneā€™s Second Amendment rights forever?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I think that if a Convicted Felon is to lose his Second Amendment Rights forever, then the original crime must involve the use of a firearm.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

šŸ¤¬

I wouldnā€™t go that far. I donā€™t think wife beater or non-citizens should have guns. The constitution applies to American citizens who arenā€™t criminals. Iā€™m happy with that construct.

What you think, and what the constitution says, are two different things. The Lautenberg Amendment which made firearms possession after a misdemeanor domestic violence conviction illegal should clearly be struck down as unconstitutional. A misdemeanor should not prevent someone from exercising their second amendment rights. If the crime is serious enough to deny someone's rights then it should be made a felony.
I agree 100%. If the crime rises to the level of removing the fundamental right to keep and bear arms it is a Felony. Semantics here is about the writer thinking for himself.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The 4473 is just another backdoor gun control tool. It's another excuse to invade your privacy and take away your rights. Leftist states are allowing felons to vote so it must not mean much to them. If you get accused of a crime by anyone and get the wrong prosecutor you may end up being victimized by a corrupt system thanks to tin eared legislation. Thanks Crenshaw. We have too many laws. Most laws do not apply to some people. The ATF uses the 4473 to browbeat anyone that sells firearms. At one pawnshop they threatened to shut down the store because they allowed a customer to abbreviate the state name instead of spelling it out. Just how much freedom are you willing to give up in order to feel safe?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
4473s and all other permission slips edicted by your Masters... demonstrate your enslavement...

Local county inspection requires a permit to repaint a front door.

I have zero intent to comply...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So who is the judge implying is a burrito? or is he just making a valid point about the witch hunt impeachments?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

šŸ¤¬
Ain't that the truth.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

šŸ¤¬

So a legal resident of this country (non-citizen) who follows the law and pays his taxes shouldn't be able to own a firearm for recreation or self defense?

Interesting...........................

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by denton
If I understand correctly, this case does not create a precedent. It just applies to this one defendant.

You are correct that this case isn't the precedent.

NYSRPA v. Bruen is the precedent.

MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by steve4102
I think that if a Convicted Felon is to lose his Second Amendment Rights forever, then the original crime must involve the use of a firearm.
On several levels I agree, but I have seen too many examples of felons going without guns to do seriously bad things, including murder. I was on a shaken baby murder jury. I have zero issue with allowing that to remove 2A rights.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
On several levels I agree, but I have seen too many examples of felons going without guns to do seriously bad things, including murder. I was on a shaken baby murder jury. I have zero issue with allowing that to remove 2A rights.
Would be more appropriate to lose their Right to Freedom or life .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Would be more appropriate to lose their Right to Freedom or life .
So a shaken baby murder is somehow different in its level, degree, or type of torture? I agree there should be serious consequences, but brutality and violence is plenty to lose your 2A right. IMO.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by badger

šŸ¤¬

So a legal resident of this country (non-citizen) who follows the law and pays his taxes shouldn't be able to own a firearm for recreation or self defense?

Resident aliens have rights under Fed law/Constitution.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Once a person has served his full sentence, all rights should be restored. If there's a right they shouldn't be permitted to exercise once freed, then the sentence should have been longer, or the death penalty should have been imposed.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Good points made here and I concede that it isnā€™t a simple as I stated in earlier posts. I think the original point of this thread about needing a conviction and not just an indictment is as a step in the right direction.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Once a person has served his full sentence, all rights should be restored. If there's a right they shouldn't be permitted to exercise once freed, then the sentence should have been longer, or the death penalty should have been imposed.
I disagree. The idea of "paying your debt to society" at our great expense is a little weird. Expecting to be absolved simply because you were good under lock and key and further, that you will never repeat is patently ridiculous. The word recidivist is there for a reason.

Once one proves they got the lesson they can appeal to the Court to get their rights restored.

And I don't want them voting, either.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good points made here and I concede that it isnā€™t a simple as I stated in earlier posts. I think the original point of this thread about needing a conviction and not just an indictment is as a step in the right direction.
Agreed.

Another consideration is the fact the 4473 forces you to testify against yourself. That is why prosecutors do not go after them... just those making innocent mistakes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sadly people become so brainwashed with propaganda they think a gun law will prevent crime..

Tell a lie loud enough and long enough it becomes fact.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by badger

šŸ¤¬

Resident aliens have rights under Fed law/Constitution.

Correct. I just found the thought process of some to be intriguing, given that there are many "non-citizen" legal residents who actually make for better citizens than many citizens do.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

From a constitutional standpoint, I think this is the intent and I agree. If politicians want to change the Constitution there is a procedure for that. Merely passing a law does not nullify the rights enumerated in the Constitution. The Constitution comes first.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (arky65, afisher, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 10 invisible), 1,461 guests, and 757 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,596
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.