-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I stumbled across some holocaust stuff on PBS the last 2 nights......if I had known Ken Burns had produced it I likely wouldn't have watched as much as I did.....

Last night I was a bit miffed on the question as to why Roosevelt would not bomb concentration camps......

The show spent way too much time on that argument.....

GB1

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by KFWA
I sat thru a good part of the first episode

Does the show walk through the cremation math? If so let me know which episode and I’ll pull it down via torrent. I’d like to see that.
+1 I’m really interested in the math, it seems impossible…

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I watched a lot of it... funny how people today seem to always know better than the people at the time of things happening... Even the people of the time thought the reports coming out of Germany in 42-43 were all propaganda... No one could wrap their minds around people doing such a thing and certainly not to the extent it was being done. In the latter years of the war American certainly still did more than any other country to help. Typical anti-American stuff from the far left... They must realize there was only so much we could have done and we were doing a lot of it but they would rather hate America and rewrite history instead.

Complaining they did not bomb the railways and bomb the crematoria... They had already proved with other bombing that the Germans would have the railroads rebuilt in 24 hours or less and to think the bombers could hit only part of the camp (just the gas chambers and the crematoria) is just plain stupid. They even told that the camp was accidently hit when they were bombing a target over 2 miles away... and they wanted just to bomb just part of the camp... Oh please... just shows their agenda and what they wanted and ignoring all of the other factors involved...

Terrible what happened but to judge the American response on hind sight is always dicey at best. They better be glad the japs bombed pearl or we might never have gotten into the war.

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Craigster
Ken Burns is a far left anti American ass hole. Always has been, always will be.

Yup. He's Michael Moore but with better production for "documentaries".

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
lmfao

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Craigster
Ken Burns is a far left anti American ass hole. Always has been, always will be.

This right here ^^^^^

Nuh uh.

He is going after the woke left....so it's cool to vote for Biden and Tulsi now.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LBP

The math is most definitively there and only the Germans could have done it. As far as the documentary, it's Ken Burns, complete leftist scumbag and the fact it's on PBS pretty much says it all. pass

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The documentary did go on to highlight some things I found interesting, especially when Germans were using Jim Crow laws as the basis for how they enacted laws against Jews,

That was put into the documentary in order to equate Americans with Nazis. Essentially, it's saying that the Nazis originated in America.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The documentary did go on to highlight some things I found interesting, especially when Germans were using Jim Crow laws as the basis for how they enacted laws against Jews,

That was put into the documentary in order to equate Americans with Nazis. Essentially, it's saying that the Nazis originated in America.

That is obviously their intent, but factually accurate.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Anyone with two brain cells communicating with each other should know the intent of a documentary titled "The U.S. and the Holocaust".

There *is* no "U.S. and the Holocaust". Whatever it was, the U.S. had nothing to do with it.

I question the agenda of anyone who says that something that occurred in America was the model for Nazism.

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It falls into the same category as "Trump supporters are a basket of deplorable".

It falls into the same category as "Trump supporters are irredeemable".

It falls into the same category as "Trump supporters are Fascists".

It's demonizing American Caucasians,...particularly Conservative, Southern Caucasians.

There's a lot of that going around these days. It's not a casual kind of thing. It's very deliberate.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Anyone with two brain cells communicating with each other should know the intent of a documentary titled "The U.S. and the Holocaust".

There *is* no "U.S. and the Holocaust". Whatever it was, the U.S. had nothing to do with it.

I question the agenda of anyone who says that something that occurred in America was the model for Nazism.

100% agree, but it remains factually accurate the Germans used Jim Crow Laws as a template.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It falls into the same category as "Trump supporters are a basket of deplorable".

It falls into the same category as "Trump supporters are irredeemable".

It falls into the same category as "Trump supporters are Fascists".

It's demonizing American Caucasians,...particularly Conservative, Southern Caucasians.

There's a lot of that going around these days. It's not a casual kind of thing. It's very deliberate.

Very true. I quit watching any documentaries the leftist Ken Burns presented after his documentary on the American Civil War. It was nothing but a full blown hit job against the South and Southerners.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Most Americans were totally unaware of the situation. Our government kept us in the dark for political reasons.
Even Germans were unaware. Hell, the commandants were, as well (till they were tortured into "awareness"). So was the Red Cross, who had an office in every camp. They never saw a gas chamber, other than the small ones used for clothing fumigation. So few knew any of it was going on. The high command must have gone to extraordinary lengths to hide it. The International Red Cross, immediately after the war, carefully figured the total death toll in all the camps combined to have been on the order of 300,000, of which a minority were Jewish, most having succumbed to typhus during the final months of the war. Boy, were they bamboozled.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
[quote=LeonHitchcox]Most Americans were totally unaware of the situation. Our government kept us in the dark for political reasons The International Red Cross, immediately after the war, carefully figured the total death toll in all the camps to have been on the order of 300,000, of which a minority were Jewish, most having succumbed to typhus during the final months of the war. Boy, were they YOU bamboozled.

nonsense alert...

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Does the show walk through the cremation math? If so let me know which episode and I’ll pull it down via torrent. I’d like to see that.

the 45 minutes of the first episode I watched does not. Its mostly focusing on the world between 1910 thru the 1930's.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

100% agree, but it remains factually accurate the Germans used Jim Crow Laws as a template.

What's your source of information ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Most Americans were totally unaware of the situation. Our government kept us in the dark for political reasons.
Even Germans were unaware. Hell, the commandants were, as well (till they were tortured into "awareness"). So was the Red Cross, who had an office in every camp. They never saw a gas chamber, other than the small ones used for clothing fumigation. So few knew any of it was going on. The high command must have gone to extraordinary lengths to hide it. The International Red Cross, immediately after the war, carefully figured the total death toll in all the camps combined to have been on the order of 300,000, of which a minority were Jewish, most having succumbed to typhus during the final months of the war. Boy, were they bamboozled.

FFS...dots connected, eh?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by add
Which holocaust?
Yeah, my 1967 Webster's College Dictionary says it refers to a burnt offering or total destruction of something. No mention of WWII or Germans. College students must have been kept ignorant of it back in '67.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by LBP

That statement alone would make you a criminal, and land you in prison, in most European nations. Only a lie needs the protection of the law.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 3,198 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,313
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.