Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Weird doesn't need to be unknown, right?

Two ancient and very naked couples bouncing and a'flopping down the trail from Table Rock (Molalla River) in Oregon 2010. Not too weird for me, however, the new wife hadn't seen such outdoor nakedness before. Fond newlywed memory.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Two ancient and very naked couples bouncing and a'flopping down the trail from Table Rock (Molalla River) in Oregon 2010. Not too weird for me, however, the new wife hadn't seen such outdoor nakedness before. Fond newlywed memory.
What's weird about seeing old nekkid people?

I see them every day. wink

Right here in my own house. Don't have to go to the Molalla.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
1990 we were driving back from a marching band competition in SLC. We were extremely tired and had been awake most of the night before. We had made finals and had to play again late so it was well after midnight when we left. The band director and most of the students were on a bus but my friend Bill and I took his camaro down. The band director said we'll follow you in the bus and make sure your awake.

Next thing I know we were at my house and my friend said thanks for driving. I said I didn't drive I've been asleep since about Tremonton. Bill said whatever I've been asleep since then too I figured you drove. The next day the band director said we scared the hell out of him. He said we started swerving all over the road and then the car straightened out and sped up to like 100 mph and left them in the dust. I said that v6 Camaro could never go that fast.

Bill and I talked about it again last year. I'm still convinced he drove but he still swears he didn't. The band director still remembers it even though he's well into retirement now. He says he's convinced we both fell asleep and something else took the wheel. He says he never saw Bill drive as straight as the car did once it took off and left them.

This is the first time I think I've ever told this story. Bill and I speak about it from time to time but I've never told anyone else about it until now. I've always just told myself he had to have driven. Last year he finally convinced me he didn't when as we talked about we were both overwhelmed by an indescribable feeling. He said you feel that and I said yes, he said you finally believe me.

Bb

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
About the weirdest stuff I had to put up with was UFO reports. I was station at Nellis AFB from 1961 to 1963 and we were part of the Blue Book project. Basically we did just weather but were tasked to handle the UFO reports One day, on the day shift our weather auxillary at Indian Springs AFB calls us and tells us they're tracking a strange object in the sky. I break out a theodolite and set it up while a co-worker gets the elevation and azimuth numbers for me. Sure as hell, a white ball hanging in the sky, for all practical purposes stationary. I tracked that thing, or rather I watched for over two hours. It never moved. Then, it just shot straight up getting smaller and smaller as it gain altitude, finally disappearing out of sight. To this day, I have no idea what I saw. It was definitely not an oversize weather balloon. A big part of my job was fly balloons and track them. Balloons do not hang stationary, they go with the wind. Using the elevation angles from out two theodolites, mine at Nellis and the one at Indian spring gave a base of a little over 50 miles. One of the guy was a math whiz and based on the theodolite data estimated the object to be in excess of 100,000 feet above ground.

We averaged about 15 UFO reports a month. Most were not credible.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bout 40 yrs ago i was riding in a pick up with my brother and his friend to town to get something to eat about 10 Pm (pitch dark)... Just as we went up a hill at 60 mph (high beams on). Some guy fell out of a tall tree that was right next to the road and landed in the ditch... WTF?... I said, Hey did you see... Nope i didn't see that... I didn't see him either... Restaurants are closing we gots to Go!...

Last edited by 7mm_Loco; 09/22/22.
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

What's weird about seeing old nekkid people?

I see them every day. wink

Right here in my own house. Don't have to go to the Molalla.
LOL, I am starting to see one around our place too!

These late night stories are getting better!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Was camped on top of Mt Graham in SE AZ. We had just set up the tent when a big owl flew down and landed on a stump about three feet from us and just stared at us for a good 10-15 minutes. When he finally flew off. A hippie van came rolling in to our camp and these two weirdos with black soulless eyes pulls up and parks twenty yards away and just sits there then they go in the back of the van. The wife and I just started tearing down the tent without saying a word and we loaded up the jeep and left for another spot. As we went by one of the creepy hippies was staring intently at us.
I am convinced that the hippies were going to do us harm had we stayed. I was glad I had a pistol in my waistband under my shirt. The new spot was less secluded but no owls or hippies made an appearance and I was able to fall right asleep.

Wake up to this!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
What year was this?

Originally Posted by naiche
Was camped on top of Mt Graham in SE AZ. We had just set up the tent when a big owl flew down and landed on a stump about three feet from us and just stared at us for a good 10-15 minutes. When he finally flew off. A hippie van came rolling in to our camp and these two weirdos with black soulless eyes pulls up and parks twenty yards away and just sits there then they go in the back of the van. The wife and I just started tearing down the tent without saying a word and we loaded up the jeep and left for another spot. As we went by one of the creepy hippies was staring intently at us.
I am convinced that the hippies were going to do us harm had we stayed. I was glad I had a pistol in my waistband under my shirt. The new spot was less secluded but no owls or hippies made an appearance and I was able to fall right asleep.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Owls are said to be harbingers.

You got a free warning perhaps.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Manson Family?.. Helter Skelter?...

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Owls are said to be harbingers.

You got a free warning perhaps.

Yep! That owl was warning you.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is my fortieth year of LE, so it all just kinda blends together, but there's nothing out there weirder than some of the stuff you see here.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Just a couple weeks ago. I'm always up early and take the dog out to pee at around 4:30 A.M. I usually scan the night sky, having seen 5-6 satellites, and have seen the ISS 3 times. I was looking mostly straight over-head when I see this object...looked like an illuminated arrow...sort of an illuminate light bar. It was as wide as, say, the width of a star, and about as long as the distance between two of the stars of the Orion's belt. It took about 1 1/2 minutes to travel from right over head to about ten degrees above the horizon. It stayed fully illuminated the entire time...not the sun's reflection off the object...only lost track of it as it got too far away to see. Definitely a first.

Last edited by org_Rogue_Hunter; 09/23/22.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
Just a couple weeks ago. I'm always up early and take the dog out to pee at around 4:30 A.M. I usually scan the night sky, having seen 5-6 satellites, and have seen the ISS 3 times. I was looking mostly straight over-head when I see this object...looked like an illuminated arrow...sort of an illuminate light bar. It was as wide as, say, the width of a star, and about as long as the distance between two of the stars of the Orion's belt. It took about 1 1/2 minutes to travel from right over head to about ten degrees above the horizon. It stayed fully illuminated the entire time...not the sun's reflection off the object...only lost track of it as it got too far away to see. Definitely a first.

That fugging Starlink!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dated a woman who I would call extremely credible ,who said she saw a creature that very much resembled the cartoon character Taz on the side of the road near some old coal mines on Rocky Flats.

After being somewhat reluctant to divulge the sighting , It was easy to see on her face that she believed what she was telling me as she explained it.

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My dad's cousin - he makes some of our more curmudgeon members here look like an over enthusiastic clown - he's just a dour, serious 100% of the time guy. Never saw him crack a joke and he's always pissed at something.

When he was 8-10 or so - claims he saw a UFO over the family business and he then broke the land speed record for running.

His story's never changed in the 40+ years I've heard it and what weirds me out about it - the effect it has on him when he tells it. He's close to 70 now if not there and when he tells it - color drains from his face and hair stands up - you can see it. If he was lying, that would be hard to fake I think.

Me

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
George Washington

Willie, smile
Coquille Valley Machine Works
541-260-6246
[email protected]

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Amazon Prime: Missing 411: The Hunters

Good program and goes along with this discussion.

K
Ky221 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
Amazon Prime: Missing 411: The Hunters

Good program and goes along with this discussion.

There's a guy on YouTube. Former seal. (Mr. Ballen is his channel name) he does a lot of recounting of weird events. He reads a lot from the missing 411 book.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
There is a guy named David Paulides. He is sometimes a guest on Coast to Coast. He has stories of people who disappeared in national parks that are just incredible. I am up and at 'em at 2am when this guy is on Coast to Coast.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 66 invisible), 3,293 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,196
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.