Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Ky221 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
There is a guy named David Paulides. He is sometimes a guest on Coast to Coast. He has stories of people who disappeared in national parks that are just incredible. I am up and at 'em at 2am when this guy is on Coast to Coast.

That's the missing 411 guy.

GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
From all I've read, or pictures I've seen of Starlink...they look and are described as a string of pearls...what I saw was a solid "bar" of light.

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
That fugging Starlink!

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Ky221
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
There is a guy named David Paulides. He is sometimes a guest on Coast to Coast. He has stories of people who disappeared in national parks that are just incredible. I am up and at 'em at 2am when this guy is on Coast to Coast.

That's the missing 411 guy.

Pretty crazy stuff going on!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
Just a couple weeks ago. I'm always up early and take the dog out to pee at around 4:30 A.M. I usually scan the night sky, having seen 5-6 satellites, and have seen the ISS 3 times. I was looking mostly straight over-head when I see this object...looked like an illuminated arrow...sort of an illuminate light bar. It was as wide as, say, the width of a star, and about as long as the distance between two of the stars of the Orion's belt. It took about 1 1/2 minutes to travel from right over head to about ten degrees above the horizon. It stayed fully illuminated the entire time...not the sun's reflection off the object...only lost track of it as it got too far away to see. Definitely a first.

That fugging Starlink!
Yep, I saw it for the first time on Labor Day weekend while my Dad and I were casting for salmon in Petoskey at about 5:30AM.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It all started when Paulides was visiting a national park and a ranger approached him about the missing persons mystery. It set him on a trail that led to the story of 14-year-old Stacy Arrass of Saratoga, who disappeared from Yosemite National Park on July 17, 1981.

“Stacy is really what got me kick-started,” Paulides said. “She and her dad went on a backpacking horse trip and their group stopped at a rest stop. She went into a cabin to change clothes and then went off to take a photograph. A 71-year-old man went partway up the trail with her and sat down to rest, then she disappeared over a bluff and was never seen again. The picture on the cover of the book is the last photograph of her.”

The lens cap to Stacy’s camera was found on the trail near Sunrise High Sierra Camp, which is about three miles southeast of Tenaya Lake. “The park service hasn’t released her missing persons report,” Paulides said. “They haven’t looked at her case in 25 years. There are no suspects. It’s not a criminal case; it’s a missing persons case.” Although Paulides has received between 35 and 40 files from the park service, he hasn’t gotten any from Yosemite.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was getting settled into my ladder stand in the pre-dawn of opening morning for firearms deer season in 2020. It was warming for November 15th in Northern Michigan and the humidity was high that morning. It would begin raining within 2-3 hours that morning.

I was pretty much settled and was staring SW, into the darkness, when what appeared to me to be something similar to the blueish flash from a camera flicked the light fog and maybe even the bottom of a low cloud. It happened so fast that it's hard to describe what it could have been. My best description is a weak, extremely short-lived single flicker of pale blueish light.

I had initially thought that maybe someone was nearby and getting settled into their own blind and had flicked a flashlight upward, but there was no beam, nor sweep of a beam and the light wasn't the right color. Plus I was on my own land and the source wasn't far enough away to be on neighboring land.

Best guess is that a distant flicker of lightning somehow flashed across the light fog/clouds nearby, but there was no thunderstorm in the area.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Going with the "wherever" part of the "in the woods or wherever" in the question: I taught for 32 years and subbed for another 9, so the answer is a resounding "Yes!".

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ya know what I think is weird ?

You don't hear anything about the Bermuda Triangle, anymore !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Lived on a golfcourse growing up, something with red lights one night was hovering over the hole behind the house, just up and flew away at jet speed. Probably around 1990ish. Dont know what it was.

Was telling a buddy about it a few years ago, said he and his brother were laying in a field before a goose hunt before light, and they watched a ufo come down to field, hover for a few minutes, and then leave.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Joshm28
1996 I was hunting our lease in Tuscaloosa County one Friday afternoon. I was watching 2 bobcats work the field edge when they stopped and the hair stood up on both. I look up the logging road and here comes a tan mountain lion. Here’s the thing the DNCR has stated for years there are none in the state but I know exactly what I saw. It cruised past at 20 yards and I’m sitting there with just my
Bow. Called the game warden and he told me I was full of [bleep] and didn’t see what I saw. I’ve got a pic (from the next day) of the print somewhere.

I believe ya, I swore I saw one in my early teens while I was bowhunting in central ga, joker was at 30 yards, I know what I saw, but everyone saying they dont exist tries to talk yourself out of it. My dad was in a stand about 200 yards from me, I started yelling for him, I thought that thing was gonna climb the tree on me. He wasnt surprised, claims to have seen two years earlier himself. My rabbit hunting buddy claims he watched his dogs chase one.

Last edited by killerv; 09/23/22.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Joshm28
1996 I was hunting our lease in Tuscaloosa County one Friday afternoon. I was watching 2 bobcats work the field edge when they stopped and the hair stood up on both. I look up the logging road and here comes a tan mountain lion. Here’s the thing the DNCR has stated for years there are none in the state but I know exactly what I saw. It cruised past at 20 yards and I’m sitting there with just my
Bow. Called the game warden and he told me I was full of [bleep] and didn’t see what I saw. I’ve got a pic (from the next day) of the print somewhere.

In that same time frame, maybe a little earlier, I had friends that were on a lease south of that in Marengo Co near Linden. Primarily bowhunting. One of them saw a lion from his treestand one October day mid-afternoon sunny. A buck and several does were feeding on acorns just out of range then all jerked their heads up. They spooked as the busted lion charged in. The guy had plenty of time to ID the cat at 50 yards or so in bright sunlight. Thru the season tracks were found and I think another hunter had a brief sighting as well.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Ya know what I think is weird ?

You don't hear anything about the Bermuda Triangle, anymore !
Ended about the same time as motorists quit using CB radios and writers stopped putting ch impanzees and orangutans in shows and movies.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Game officials can't be trusted. They are like your wife, aways know best, never wrong.

There were no mt lions in ND when I left in 1968, 10 years or so later there was a season.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
Just a couple weeks ago. I'm always up early and take the dog out to pee at around 4:30 A.M. I usually scan the night sky, having seen 5-6 satellites, and have seen the ISS 3 times. I was looking mostly straight over-head when I see this object...looked like an illuminated arrow...sort of an illuminate light bar. It was as wide as, say, the width of a star, and about as long as the distance between two of the stars of the Orion's belt. It took about 1 1/2 minutes to travel from right over head to about ten degrees above the horizon. It stayed fully illuminated the entire time...not the sun's reflection off the object...only lost track of it as it got too far away to see. Definitely a first.

That fugging Starlink!
Yep, I saw it for the first time on Labor Day weekend while my Dad and I were casting for salmon in Petoskey at about 5:30AM.
They obviously start out together and then spread. Hard to say though.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I’ll throw another in that is probably explainable, but not by me. Back at the start of summer my wife and I were at our travel trailer at the campground adjacent to the property we hunt in Allegheny Co, NC. A few other folks were there as well. We were all outside after sundown waiting for the moon to rise. The campground elevation is 2800-2900 feet and the ridge over which the moon rises is 3300-3400 feet.

We were all just looking at the dark starlit sky hoping to see a satellite or shooting stars or whatever. It was just a beautifully clear summer sky. Then somebody said something about a light coming over the ridge. But it wasn’t the moon, which was to be a sliver, not even half. So there’s this lighted object moving straight up from the trees and a bit beyond them. We hunt that land. I’ve been exactly in line with that light on that ridge many times. There’s nothing there. Extending line of sight for about a half mile there is a shack some other folks use for camp but they’re rarely there. That would also be a good quarter mile or so off the line of sight we had. Beyond that, less than a mile, is a precipice with a very steep drop; the Eastern Continental Divide. There are a few houses on that precipice probably a mile and a half from our camp.

So this white light starts going up, dropping down, moving horizontally, retracing tracts, stopping/hovering, disappearing behind the ridge, coming back, etc. It appeared to be approximately a mile away using the landmarks I mentioned. Finally it disappeared. Total time viewed by half a dozen people maybe 5 minutes, maybe less. We all got a laugh about the UFO we saw and went to bed. Like I said, there’s few habitations between camp and the steep drop at the Divide. There’s very few beyond that for a ways. And they’d be a good 500 to 1000 ft lower in elevation. The light was awfully bright to be a drone, and there’s no place along that line of sight where someone would be flying one after 8:30 to 9:00 PM but that’s the only rational explanation I have. Of course, it coulda been aliens hovering over a Blue Ridge still and dipping down now and then for a dram.

Last edited by shootem; 09/23/22.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My wife has always had strange premonitions and such.

One she told me about she was tired and driving home one night, raining and dark outside, when a voice told her to turn around! Since she was almost home and very tired she thought why would I do that? But it compelled her to turn around and as she was returning from where she had just come from, now driving away from home and asking herself why she was doing that, she spotted an old woman climbing up out of the ditch. She stopped and rescued the woman who had fallen in the ditch and had been unable to climb out until then.

Another time she told me she saw bright blue flashes of light on the ceiling in the bedroom. It looked like an old camera flashbulb and lit up the whole room. I didn't see it until the third time she did. She didn't say anything and I asked her did you see that? Yep. It looked like lightening inside the room and lit up the room.

LOL
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
No reason whatsoever there wouldn't be mountain lions in Georgia.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I seed a pitcher of this big feller, standin' in the yard, in his red longhandles. I seems to 'member he was drinkin' a beer or sumptin.

That was purty weeerd.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Fireball2
My wife has always had strange premonitions and such.

One she told me about she was tired and driving home one night, raining and dark outside, when a voice told her to turn around! Since she was almost home and very tired she thought why would I do that? But it compelled her to turn around and as she was returning from where she had just come from, now driving away from home and asking herself why she was doing that, she spotted an old woman climbing up out of the ditch. She stopped and rescued the woman who had fallen in the ditch and had been unable to climb out until then.

Another time she told me she saw bright blue flashes of light on the ceiling in the bedroom. It looked like an old camera flashbulb and lit up the whole room. I didn't see it until the third time she did. She didn't say anything and I asked her did you see that? Yep. It looked like lightening inside the room and lit up the room.
Tracers...

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

135 members (470Evans, 16penny, 6mmCreedmoor, 44mc, 405winash, 35, 16 invisible), 1,693 guests, and 787 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,651
Posts18,512,651
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.