Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dale06
In 1965 there was a special teal season in Ks. I was 14 and shot two ducks that I “thought were teal” Actually killed both with one shot.
Later in the morning I was driving on a country road and saw a parked truck ahead of me. A man flagged me down and asked if I had any luck. I showed him my ducks and he told me they were not teal. He took the ducks but did not issue a ticket. I never told my parents.
A week later my parents get a call that I had a court date. They were not happy.
Dad and I showed up at the judges office, who my dad knew real well, small town America. My two ducks were frozen and laying on the table between the warden, I and the judge. I was fined court costs ($25) and that was the end.
that dont sound like much of a fine ,till you find out it would be $235 dollors of our money today

NRA Life Member
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Was that guy named Darcy Sneed?.....

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Opening morning of deer season a pack of dogs came through and I shot 3. The GW heard me shooting and drove his 4 wheeler in to check things out. He was looking at the dogs when I walked up and asked me if I had any luck. I told him no the deer spook from people riding 4 wheelers. Then here comes my Dad walking down out of his box stand without any orange on to see what's going on. The GW told him he had to have a orange vest on while deer hunting. My Dad said he wasn't deer hunting, he was dog hunting and trying to figure out who the he'll was on our property riding a 4 wheeler around on opening morning. The GW can sure screw up some good dove hunting. I spread a lot of sunflowers, wheat, peanut hearts, millet and cracked corn for my cows every summer. Really I try to feed the cows and birds year round. Our local DA taught me how to feed cows and the wildlife.

Life is good live it while you can.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I was on a "ride along" with a DNR cop on Lake Sinclair Georgia over the Fourth. I was an on duty paramedic. This guy posted our boat near a dock where the sign said SPEED LIMIT 5 MPH--NO WAKE TURBULENCE.

A boat full of college girls in bikinis drove by at 7mph. There was no wake turbulence. He nailed them on radar and pulled them over lights and sirens and wrote them a ticket. While doing that he inspected their boat.

He came back to our boat and he said "Did you see that stacked blonde in the little red bikini? Damn what a rack!"

I said "Why did you bust them anyway? There was no wake turbulence."

He replied "Look I am stationed at the Dublin post 90 miles from here. They drag me up to do this god*dam lake detail on the Fourth. I can't stand this detail, riding around all day in the hot sun.[b] I figure if I write enough chicken s*hit tickets, especially to the daughters of some judges and mayors, DNR will pull me off this detail and let me stay in Dublin. So I might as well look at some titties while I am on this lake."[/b]
Sounds like Richard Burnett, he was a good GW.

Life is good live it while you can.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by colodog
I was at an ice fishing tournament with a bunch of buddies on Wolford lake, Co. and the local warden came by to check licenses.

I've only been approached once by a game warden while I was fishing in CO, in 22 years here. I was fly fishing at one of the Honholz Lakes. I was on the other side of the lake from the parking lot. Saw him park he truck, get out and start walking around. Took him a few minutes because it was probably a half to three quarters of a mile to where I was. Friendly guy, asked if I was catching any, which I wasn't. Asked me what fly I was using, and then suggested I change flies to one he'd had luck with that week. Then he just walked back to his truck without asking to see my license.

Maybe he ran my license plate and saw that I had a license. But I did start catching fish after I changed flies.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by colodog
I was at an ice fishing tournament with a bunch of buddies on Wolford lake, Co. and the local warden came by to check licenses.

I've only been approached once by a game warden while I was fishing in CO, in 22 years here. I was fly fishing at one of the Honholz Lakes. I was on the other side of the lake from the parking lot. Saw him park he truck, get out and start walking around. Took him a few minutes because it was probably a half to three quarters of a mile to where I was. Friendly guy, asked if I was catching any, which I wasn't. Asked me what fly I was using, and then suggested I change flies to one he'd had luck with that week. Then he just walked back to his truck without asking to see my license.

Maybe he ran my license plate and saw that I had a license. But I did start catching fish after I changed flies.

I’ve never seen a Game Warden in Colorado or New Mexico in all the years I’ve spent fishing and hunting there. I’ve only seen one in Montana, and that was at the Deer Processor when dropped one off.
Rarely ever see one in TX, except on opening weekend of Dove Season, when they occasionally show up to check licenses and to see if shotguns are plugged for 3 rounds of ammo.

Only had a “run in” with one, ever. He didn’t want to charge his drinking buddy I caught poaching on our Ranch. Called his, Captain, who’d been buying guns from me for years. He was soon “relocated” to some Schitthole county in SE TX.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/24/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
There is 6 people in our club, and one of them is a game warden. 40yrs ago when I fished a lot, there was a game warden that lived next to my dads camp, both really nice guys. But we had one, his name was KIT CARSON, he would ticket a person for having a rope that was 1" short, then hall you in on the spot (in handcuffs). If you were fishing alone, your boat stayed on the lake till someone could go get it, and that happened to one of the guys on my least so I know it is true. He did check me during a fishing tournament, but not my boat and I was on solid ground, but he had his hand on his gun the whole time, using one hand to check my license. He took out his tape measure and was checking every boats numbers and if any was under the 2'' requirement, ticket time, same with rope, boat length and weight in relationship with motor(overed motored). It got bad enough that all the threats on his life, the office put him behind a desk. But I have not been stopped any that treated me bad (except the one above). But we won't talk about cops.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
back in the late 50's in Eastern Kentucky,in my father in laws county ,It only had and still does ,about 6,000-7,000 people in the whole county, so everybody knows everybody . My father in law was early 20's and fishing without a license on the river ,railroad tracks ran along it, and train just setting there .Game Warden seen him and walked towards him .FIL ran off ,and jumped between R.R cars to other side ,train started moving so GW could not cross FIL got away,or so he thought .A few days later GW say him in town ,and smiled ,said next time i see you fishing you better have a fishing lic.

Last edited by rem shooter; 09/24/22.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That wasn't our experience out in Colorado elk hunting. Our Wyoming buddy brought 12 horses for us to use, but the hay he brought along wasn't certified so two wardens came by and cited us for that. With 12 guys in camp we were on their radar right off and my buddy and I even ran into them on horseback to check us at 11,000 feet. One of our guys was a really old guy and he had brought along a big camper trailer and had a hot meal for us every night when we came in from hunting. He had bought a cow permit, but the guy was so feeble and arthritic that there was no way that he was getting very far from his camper. One of our guys got the old guy a cow elk and when the wardens stopped back to check the meat pole and who got what, the old guy was all legal and proud of "his" elk. They weren't buying it, but the old guy said that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Was that guy named Darcy Sneed?.....

If you are asking about that West central Ks warden, his last name was Kellenberger.

NRA Patron
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Know a guy, he's always legal.

Was fishing, pulled up and did a shore lunch of one of the fish.

Pulls the canoe out, warden accuses him of eating a fish that was too small. "Saw you eat it through the binocs"

David admits to eating a fish, denies it being too short. Warden cites him for "mutilation of a fish" because he obviously can't prove it was too short.

Known David my whole life. He and my dad been best friends since they were 6. That fish wasn't too short.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's no shortage of tiny, little people with big badges who are government employees and law enforcement.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Two of them here in Cooke co. Texas got busted by local ranchers for poaching , shooting off the road and out of season deer killin'. Other than that they were Top Hands.

NOVIT EMIM DOMINUS QUI SUNT EUIS {Arnauld Amalric} "Kill them all,God will know His." Never trust Horses ,Women and very few Mules.A good rifle will let in lots of AIR AND LIGHT.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Carson was a
Originally Posted by DouginLa
There is 6 people in our club, and one of them is a game warden. 40yrs ago when I fished a lot, there was a game warden that lived next to my dads camp, both really nice guys. But we had one, his name was KIT CARSON, he would ticket a person for having a rope that was 1" short, then hall you in on the spot (in handcuffs). If you were fishing alone, your boat stayed on the lake till someone could go get it, and that happened to one of the guys on my least so I know it is true. He did check me during a fishing tournament, but not my boat and I was on solid ground, but he had his hand on his gun the whole time, using one hand to check my license. He took out his tape measure and was checking every boats numbers and if any was under the 2'' requirement, ticket time, same with rope, boat length and weight in relationship with motor(overed motored). It got bad enough that all the threats on his life, the office put him behind a desk. But I have not been stopped any that treated me bad (except the one above). But we won't talk about cops.

Carson is/was an azzhole. He worked out of the Minden office for a while and then out of the Monroe office. I haven't seen him in several years. Don't know where he is now, or if he's still a GW.

I never had any dealings with him myself, but have several friends that did.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Carson was a

Carson is/was an azzhole. He worked out of the Minden office for a while and then out of the Monroe office. I haven't seen him in several years. Don't know where he is now, or if he's still a GW.

I figured I wasn't the only one from Louisiana that had dealings with him, he was an old man when I was in my 20's, he has to be dead by now.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
All my encounters have been great. I don't violate game laws and have zero reasons to be defensive about anything, so my interactions are great.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Carson was a

I figured I wasn't the only one from Louisiana that had dealings with him, he was an old man when I was in my 20's, he has to be dead by now.

My FIL was a GW out of the Minden office. He told me that even Mr. Menefee, Carson's boss, didn't like him. He got him transferred out just a quick as he could.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
All my encounters have been great. I don't violate game laws and have zero reasons to be defensive about anything, so my interactions are great.

I’m in the same boat. In 45+ years of fishing and hunting here and abroad I’ve never received so much as a warning from a game warden. Fishing and hunting was always too important to me that I didn’t want to do anything that would risk losing it.

With that said…..I have found most wardens to be angry little liars and the type of human detritus that if it were bleeding out in a ditch I would have to think long and hard as to how much if any aid I’d lend. 😉. That comes from one that always follows the law and never got in trouble yet they’ve soured me to the point that I have less than ZERO respect for the ones down here. I have had some good interactions with some guys in SE AK that were conducted like they all should be conducted.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I've never gotten a ticket or even a warning from a GW, but I've never had a pleasant interaction with them either. Fuqk a GW.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Best one on was was with the local GW who bugged us all the time.

Late deer season lotsa snow and I drag a huge Whitetail doe my wife shot with her 12 Ga.

Hit the dirt road and up drives azzhole. Leaps out, dashes over looks at the tag, gets a big grin and says: "Just where is Susan ?" From behind him come the voice: "Right here."

All four off started laughing, he jumped in car and sped off.

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 3,262 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,319
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.