Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Leighton can't say anything I cooked it all my self.

Oh looky here, a food callout where I can't say anything? Au contraire, mon ami! wink

Let's see now. Photo totally out of focus. Grey looking piece of fish covered with something resembling a few canned peas and a sauce of questionable origin. No sear on a piece of beef wrapped with an undercooked slice of bacon. Asparagus cooked to death and now resembling green spaghetti. Uncle Ben's rice? Dirty sippy cup. Two week old lettuce with some dark liquid on top. Other than that, nice pistol. Was your stepson lurking and looking to snatch something off your plate, or did you use it to tenderize your meat?

Some home prepared seafood below I'll put up against your little piece of wahoo any day of the week and twice on Sundays. And I don't need a pistol to try to make the pic more interesting.

Blackened summer flounder with lemon cream sauce and mixed greens.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

12 oz slab of locally caught swordfish cooked with butter and spices on high heat resulting in a nice crispy golden crust; steak fries and salad made with our garden cukes, tomatoes and spinach on the side with a few raw milk bleu cheese chunks from a local place tossed in.

Portuguese seafood stew with codfish, haddock, shrimp, tomatoes, clams, olives and squid. All seafood locally caught.

Spanish style paella with local lobster, clams, squid and mussels. Also in there is chicken, chorizo and and Peregrino Bomba rice.

Home prepared sashimi platter with toro and maguro. And yes, I caught the tuna.

Linguini alle vongole (Italian style linguini with fresh dug clams, white wine, garlic and parsley)

I can go on at length, but your turn, Tex. I'll wait.

smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
One of the finest eating fish in the ocean ! I’m a little jealous.

Absolutely!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
LOL, knew I'd get a rise with that.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never, ever, use food to call Leighton out....Did I say NEVER?

Wtf, over....Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wahoo...Looks like a mean fighting fish.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
OK the chow and pistol look good man.

What about the Quasimodo sty eye dude???

😄😄😄🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😄😄😄👍👍👍

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As always, Leighton makes this landlubber's mouth water (although he is still squeamish about the raw fish deal.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Wahoo...Looks like a mean fighting fish.

🦫
They are fun to catch.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I like Mahi Mahi.
Used to serve it on the rig once or twice a hitch.
Was a dinner not to be missed for me.
Baked on a bed of rice.
Good stuff.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Oh looky here, a food callout where I can't say anything? Au contraire, mon ami! wink

Let's see now.[[[[ Photo totally out of focus.]]]]__<((((Grey looking piece of fish)))____covered with something resembling a few ! CANNED PEAS ! shocked and a ROGER SAUCE (NUFF SAID).

NO SEAR!!!! on a piece of beef wrapped with an undercooked slice of bacon. Asparagus cooked to SHRIVELED DEATH and now resembling green spaghetti. Uncle Ben's rice? [HAHAHA] Dirty sippy cup sick Two week old lettuce mad with some dark liquid on top. Other than that, nice pistol. Was your stepson lurking and looking to snatch something off your plate, or did you use it to tenderize your meat?

Some home prepared seafood below I'll put up against your little piece of wahoo any day of the week and twice on Sundays. And I don't need a pistol to try to make the pic more interesting.

Blackened summer flounder with lemon cream sauce and mixed greens. laugh laugh laugh laugh

12 oz slab of locally caught swordfish cooked with butter and spices on high heat resulting in a nice crispy golden crust; steak fries and salad made with our garden cukes, tomatoes and spinach on the side with a few raw milk bleu cheese chunks from a local place tossed in.

Portuguese seafood stew with codfish, haddock, shrimp, tomatoes, clams, olives and squid. All seafood locally caught.

Spanish style paella with local lobster, clams, squid and mussels. Also in there is chicken, chorizo and and Peregrino Bomba rice.

Linguini alle vongole (Italian style linguini with fresh dug clams, white wine, garlic and parsley)

smile

Well, Roger is all Texan.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Let's see now. Photo totally out of focus. Grey looking piece of fish covered with something resembling a few canned peas and a sauce of questionable origin. No sear on a piece of beef wrapped with an undercooked slice of bacon. Asparagus cooked to death and now resembling green spaghetti. Uncle Ben's rice? Dirty sippy cup. Two week old lettuce with some dark liquid on top. Other than that, nice pistol. Was your stepson lurking and looking to snatch something off your plate, or did you use it to tenderize your meat?

smile

Thanks a lot. I just ate a little while ago and now I'm hungry again. smile

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

smile
That’s a ridiculous parade of fine eating ! The sashimi platter and swordfish looks to die for ! BTW , wahoo makes some excellent sashimi ! Don’t pass an opportunity for wahoo sashimi.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

smile

Leighton,

you obviously care about food.

I bet you could make a mean chicken-fried steak, if you put your mind to it!

p/s those spuds looked pre-prepared, or amazingly uniform, not sure which.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
p/s those spuds looked pre-prepared, or amazingly uniform, not sure which.

Sycamore[/quote]

Kind of prepared like the Jan 6th insurrection, huh?

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You cooked it. He's gonna have plenty to say about that. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Let's see now.[[[[ Photo totally out of focus.]]]]__<((((Grey looking piece of fish)))____covered with something resembling a few ! CANNED PEAS ! shocked and a ROGER SAUCE (NUFF SAID).

NO SEAR!!!! on a piece of beef wrapped with an undercooked slice of bacon. Asparagus cooked to SHRIVELED DEATH and now resembling green spaghetti. Uncle Ben's rice? [HAHAHA] Dirty sippy cup sick Two week old lettuce mad with some dark liquid on top. Other than that, nice pistol. Was your stepson lurking and looking to snatch something off your plate, or did you use it to tenderize your meat?

Blackened summer flounder with lemon cream sauce and mixed greens. laugh laugh

smile

Well, Roger is all Texan.

I think we can dispense with the vote.

Please, keep the food pics coming guys, just don't mention Leighton in your food thread.

Well, OTOH.....

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
[quote=stxhunter]Leighton can't say anything I cooked it all my self.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/quot

You are giving him a run for his money! smile

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
...wahoo makes some excellent sashimi...

But BBQ'd wahoo steaks are hard to beat.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by pal
...wahoo makes some excellent sashimi...

But BBQ'd wahoo steaks are hard to beat.
Fortunately wahoo are usually big enough to do both. It doesn’t freeze well so I generally try to eat it a couple of times in the week I catch one and give the rest away.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
LOL, knew I'd get a rise with that.

‘A rise’, he writes. Well played, son. Standing by for your retort. Whaddaya got, Gorton’s Fishermen fish stix wrapped in a tortilla with Miracle Whip?

Looks like we’re on to head offshore on TH for tuna. Calling for 3’-6’ with 10-15s out of the west so if the forecast holds it should be big swells but fish able. It’s going to hurt if we crush them after you cancelled.

BTW, NEVER trust the Gorton’s fisherman. Ever. wink

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 219DW, 1234, 56 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,200
Posts18,485,185
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.