Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Isn't this why these people (Travis) live there

so in the dead of winter they laugh at guys living in snow/ice ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Jeff
Do you put tie downs on the metal and fiberglass sails in the yard?

Got 6ft screw anchors under that 40ft 5th wheel.
It's as close to permanently parked as ya can get.

It was collateral for a debt gone bad, guys been meaning to get me the title for the last five years.

I let a “intellectual disabled" young man live in it, he's a ghost.
Works at the library, I think. I see him about once a month and he's living 100 feet away. Scares the schit out of him if I say hello..he runs and hides. My dog sees him more than I do, any friend of my dog is a friend of mine.

Great neighbor all in all.

I've learned leaving trailered boats out is OK, plugs in, bilge pump on, anchor out.
The boat will float the trailer and sit right back down after the high water subsides.

That old RV sitting under the trees is tied off to a big Oak tree.

Just the obvious, not much to it really.

I'm heavily wind protected with all the huge Grandfather Oaks on the property as well as some nearby islands that absorb the blunt of the winds.
It's the flood that'll get ya, it's fast moving water, those storm surges come and go in a flash. A big flood can be in and gone again inside an hour.

It isn't so much the need to tie down as it is to tie things in place.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You fuqks back east have all the fun... Where's an earthquake when you need one.

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll take hurricanes over forest fires any day of the week.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JeffA
I'll take hurricanes over forest fires any day of the week.

yes..........locally

Monsoonal rains kept fires at bay

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
The very first time I ever had to deal with flooding or any other significant damage from a tropical storm or hurricane, that would be the end of that.
Insurance adjuster: " Mr. Smith, where would you like your house rebuilt now that the storm has passed?"
Mr. Smith: "I think right here where it got knocked to schitt by mother nature sounds ideal"....

Lol...flood insurance ain't like Subaru insurance.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
The very first time I ever had to deal with flooding or any other significant damage from a tropical storm or hurricane, that would be the end of that.
Insurance adjuster: " Mr. Smith, where would you like your house rebuilt now that the storm has passed?"
Mr. Smith: "I think right here where it got knocked to schitt by mother nature sounds ideal"....

Lol...flood insurance ain't like Subaru insurance.

correct

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Our high tide is off this evening.

We should have had a 1.7 peaking at 5:20.
We got more like a 2.2 and it held an extra hour before it started draining back.

We haven't had any wind to account for that.

It's gotta be pressure out over the gulf.

F
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
F
Have the left blamed Trump and the Russians yet? Oh, almost forgot about DeSantis. If they haven't yet just give it a little more time, some jack wagon will.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If Trump was in office this would have never happened.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

We got more like a 2.2 and it held an extra hour before it started draining back.

That tide thing is a bad sign. We had a 23' surge in Ike and you could see it in the ditches and bayous three days before. The good thing is it's falling. Cuba might break it up. Never know.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by hanco
I’m hoping no bad injuries or deaths!

Go stand in a Wal-Mart for 20 minutes.

You might change your mind.

Fugg you... another keyboard bites the dust.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hawk, by the time it gets to us, it'll be tropical storm winds at worst. 30-45 winds gusts to 60. LOTS of rain though.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The Horror!

A Tropical Storm from Hell. Caused by Climate Change.
yikes. I heard the weather fumbler channel in the background the other day...
it is only a T.S.!!??? It sounded like the second coming of lucifer from the fuss that they were making...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If everybody in Floriduh turned their butt toward Ian and farted at the same time he would run off somewhere else. Mebbe NOLA?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Bottled water is probably getting as rare as gasoline about right now.

That's crazy.

I took 5 gallon buckets and caught water when hurricane Harvey hit. Didn't take long, and had caught enough rain water to last weeks.

Enough water to drink and take a daily shower. That cool shower was the highlight of my day too, with all the electricity out for over a week. It was great!

laugh Country Boy Can Survive!

When Katrina came thru, we had several coolers/ice chests/water cans full of drinking water and I put a washtub and all the 5 gal buckets I had around the house to catch rain water. Daughter asked me why I was catching all the rainwater, so I told her to wait a couple of days and she'd find out. Sure enough 2 days later, when the toilet wouldn't flush, she found out.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
You can’t have too much toilet water

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Wikipedia

Tropical storms
Though threatened by tropical systems almost every hurricane season (which runs from June 1 to November 30), Tampa seldom feels major effects from tropical storms or hurricanes. No hurricane has made landfall in the immediate Tampa Bay area since the 1921 Tampa Bay hurricane made landfall near Tarpon Springs and caused extensive damage throughout the region.[61][62]

Over the past few decades, three major hurricanes were forecast to hit the Tampa Bay Area from the southwest, which is a worse-case track that would result in a maximum storm surge event: Hurricane Donna (1960), Hurricane Charley (2004), and Hurricane Irma (2017).[63] However, all three storms turned before reaching Tampa and made landfall in southwest Florida instead. Irma had the greatest effect on Tampa. It made landfall near Marco Island on September 10, 2017, and moved due north, passing through eastern Hillsborough County as a Category 1 storm and causing substantial damage to the area, particularly to the electrical grid.[64]

Because of tremendous population growth and coastal development in the century since the last hurricane landfall combined with rising sea levels due to climate change, the Tampa Bay Area is considered one of the most vulnerable regions in the world to a direct hit from a major storm.[61]

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
In the 1990s... the Chief Of Maintenance at Everglades National Park (Mike Jester) spent $1m (end of fiscal year money) on toilet paper.

He stashed it in the decommissioned Kennedy era missile silos inside of Everglades NP.

It got wet in a storm/hurricane.

He spent 1/2 million to get rid of it.

True story.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Are you accounting for king tides?

Ian was a major last night at 11 eastern. Probably intensify for 24 hours or so. Pay attention. Hoping it goes south of Tampa and will mitigate the surge/freshwater flooding by blowing the opposite direction - out to sea.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1beaver_shooter, 1moredeer, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 2,600 guests, and 1,393 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,449
Posts18,471,018
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.