[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

That ain’t got no Soul..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ollies photography.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've alway liked Vienna sausage but of course, I also like Campbell's soup. Just me I suppose.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by akrange
Originally Posted by slumlord
Where the hell did you get those anyway???

Menards???

Wtf

Dude ..

Ollies Dude ..

Hell to the yeah....

Got some last years Christmas candy @ Ollie’s the other day...

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by auk1124
[Linked Image from i0.wp.com]

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

That ain’t got no Soul..

Heck, I bet I could deep fry those and sell ‘em 10 for $20 at the Fair....

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Yeah, back when I was a kid - 60 years ago - I remember them as being packed in oil, not chicken broth. In fact, we referred to them as oil sausages. They had a different flavor and texture. I seem to recall they had a lot of soy in them as well as mystery meat. They also came in a bigger can and the sausages were bigger than Viennas. The label seems the same, though. Obviously, the ingredients have changed a bit and I think(?) they were made somewhere in Mississippi. I kinda liked the old version much better than these. To me, these are not what I would call real Vienna sausages and those back then were never referred to as Viennas.

Last edited by Henryseale; 09/27/22. Reason: Additional info.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh, and another thing, I love Spam. Make sandwiches on toasted buttered bread, fry slices of Spam and add a little mustard. Love it!

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I’ve never read the Spam Label but Pig Spleens ..

Really..

Ole Roy maybe a Better Option Here ..

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Henryseale
Yeah, back when I was a kid - 60 years ago - I remember them as being packed in oil, not chicken broth. In fact, we referred to them as oil sausages. They had a different flavor and texture. I seem to recall they had a lot of soy in them as well as mystery meat. They also came in a bigger can and the sausages were bigger than Viennas. The label seems the same, though. Obviously, the ingredients have changed a bit and I think(?) they were made somewhere in Mississippi. I kinda liked the old version much better than these. To me, these are not what I would call real Vienna sausages and those back then were never referred to as Viennas.

The MS made brand were Bryan’s. Made in West Point MS.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Vienna sausages are potted meat with a hard on.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve never read the Spam Label but Pig Spleens ..

Really..

Ole Roy maybe a Better Option Here ..

Here you have it.

What Is Spam Made Of?
What sets Spam apart from other products that are made from chopped meats that are cooked and pressed together (we’re thinking about scrapple): Spam is made from pork shoulder and pork ham, with no other scraps from the hog.

Pork shoulder is considered a high-quality cut of pork today, although in 1937, it was not. Pork shoulder is sold in the supermarket and many people braise it until it becomes fall-apart tender. Pork shoulder is what sausage is made from because it has the perfect ratio of meat to fat to make the very best sausages. Shoulder meat is what a pork steak is called when it’s sliced and grilled in St. Louis.

The other meat that’s added is ham: like what you get at the deli and make into a sandwich.

And the four remaining ingredients include salt, potato starch to bind the meat together and retain moisture, pure sugar - no syrups - and sodium nitrite to preserve the meat.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 67 invisible), 2,111 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,775
Posts18,495,739
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.