Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
!Andalé Carnale!

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by FatCity67
!Andalé Carnale!

Soy gordo y feliz y muy contento, muchacho. Cuándo vienes aquí? We can kill it and have big fun on a quick trip if you want to have a go, perro. Yo promiso.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Geno67
The stupid cold hurts. It's 63 here and I have to put a shirt on to go outside. Below 70 I'm uncomfortable/hurting, below 50 I'm miserable and not about to go outside. Luckily, it doesn't frost but once or thrice usually and it'll get up to 80 in the winter on warm days. I need to move back to the caribbean but Mrs. Geno is not interested - no tier one research universities there.

The colors look like a bruise to me.

"Below 70 I'm uncomfortable/hurting"?

LOL! How do you spell S-O-F-T C-O-C-K?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your offer is generous as you've shown with the posting of your experiences and many friends over the years. Maybe someday I'll be able to take you up on that fine offer.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great pics y'all

Great idea for a thread Leighton.

Was just thinking about goose music the other morning. Been hearing it for a few weeks now, but it's getting louder. Saw a flock of close to 30 this morning with another one close by of about 20. Some of these might be resident birds forming flocks for the winter. Some I know have come in from the North. Lot of Ibises and duckies on the refuge the other day. Birds are moving, but it's been in the 80's with freezing nights lately. I love it as we can cool the house down overnight to the mid 60s or so, and it hardly warms up over 73 or so during the day. No heating or cooling expenses make me happy.

And, like kamo-gari..........it's harvest time.

Sept 30 harvest of the Modoc reds in the garden across the creek:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

12 lbs, all cleaned up and ready to be used/stored:

And they sure were yummy with some broccoli from the house garden and leftover tri-tip.

And I finished digging up that bed yesterday, more Modoc reds, a few russets, and some fingerling tater called Deliciae or some such. Got another 5 gallon bucket full:

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Your offer is generous as you've shown with the posting of your experiences and many friends over the years. Maybe someday I'll be able to take you up on that fine offer.
If he'll have me, and you're driving.........................

I'll split the gas and driving and bring some taters! grin

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Bro you'd be a great traveling companion.

And I can attest to great flavor of your taters.🤣😂🤣

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

We'll see how the 4x8 bed in the house garden does. The plants are still green so I'm waiting for a hard enough frost to whack them before I dig. They're covered with some floating row cover and seem to be mostly taking our mornings, which are right at freezing lately. If they do as well as last time, I'll send another box!

Garden across the creek was planted late due to the snow and frost in June. Lots of little tubers on the roots of the plants there, I was disappointed they didn't get another few weeks to mature.

The gardener's favorite words.......................Next Year is gonna be a good one!

In it is contentment

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

Open offer, dude. For real. Look for PM. Peace up.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Great pics y'all

Great idea for a thread Leighton.

Was just thinking about goose music the other morning. Been hearing it for a few weeks now, but it's getting louder. Saw a flock of close to 30 this morning with another one close by of about 20. Some of these might be resident birds forming flocks for the winter. Some I know have come in from the North. Lot of Ibises and duckies on the refuge the other day. Birds are moving, but it's been in the 80's with freezing nights lately. I love it as we can cool the house down overnight to the mid 60s or so, and it hardly warms up over 73 or so during the day. No heating or cooling expenses make me happy.

And, like kamo-gari..........it's harvest time.

Sept 30 harvest of the Modoc reds in the garden across the creek:

12 lbs, all cleaned up and ready to be used/stored:

And they sure were yummy with some broccoli from the house garden and leftover tri-tip.

And I finished digging up that bed yesterday, more Modoc reds, a few russets, and some fingerling tater called Deliciae or some such. Got another 5 gallon bucket full:

Rock and roll, paisano! Love it!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

We'll see how the 4x8 bed in the house garden does. The plants are still green so I'm waiting for a hard enough frost to whack them before I dig. They're covered with some floating row cover and seem to be mostly taking our mornings, which are right at freezing lately. If they do as well as last time, I'll send another box!

Garden across the creek was planted late due to the snow and frost in June. Lots of little tubers on the roots of the plants there, I was disappointed they didn't get another few weeks to mature.

The gardener's favorite words.......................Next Year is gonna be a good one!

Nice! There is nothing quite as good a warm German red tater salad. Had to prune the heck out of the Eureka Lemon to try and save it. We'll see what kind of crop we get this year and I can return the gift in kind.

Last edited by FatCity67; 10/03/22.

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Open offer, dude. For real. Look for PM. Peace up.

Never doubted your sincerity amigo.

"Maybe we're all happy."

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I love Spring and Fall both…..love to witness the major changes from the “other” two seasons! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (44mc, 2UP, 470Evans, 375TN, 35, 17 invisible), 1,583 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,957
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.