-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One reason I refuse to enter 4473 info electronically is because you have to give them all of the buyer's info...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by JB in SC
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
This applies only to denied transactions. Out of the thousands upon thousands of NICS checks I’ve done I can’t recall a single denial that was not accurate. Very few denials overall but the few there were those people knew damn well that they were prohibited.

According to my local shop, it happens on a delay as well.
I think it was originally written that way and then somebody realized that wasn't going to work and it is denied only now but I could be wrong. Can you imagine getting ATF to give you a visit cuz you got delayed and it was their fault because they were busy or short-handed to answer the damn phone or do their job correctly...

My son, who works behind the gun counter at a shop, tells me it flags on a delay but supposedly it is not reported unless it's denied.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by killerv
Not that my name is common but it just so happens a guy about my same age has my same name in the same county I live in and he has stayed in trouble all his life. He's in all the pawn shop databases, I even had a mad mother of a girl call me thinking I was the one dating her daughter, I was married at the time and I really didn't appreciate her nonsense and it about got me in a pickle.

Then I applied for a carry permit in the same county, even with me giving them my social, I still got questions from local sherrif dept trying to make sure I wasnt him.

I got back at that mad mother, put her number on craiglist with a pic of a 80s chevy caprice for sale with 20s on it for 1500 bucks. I'm sure she got a call or two.

Longest I've ever been delayed was about 15 mins. Once. They called back pretty quick. This was in the 90's.

Oddly enough - talking mistaken identity - I went to get a fishing license once. They asked if I just wanted a replacement as I had already bought one. I had not tho. Turns out there's a guy living about 100 miles away - same first, middle, last name. Same birthday except for the year. The only way we look different on paper is SSN/birth year.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not that my name is common but it just so happens a guy about my same age has my same name in the same county I live in and he has stayed in trouble all his life. He's in all the pawn shop databases, I even had a mad mother of a girl call me thinking I was the one dating her daughter, I was married at the time and I really didn't appreciate her nonsense and it about got me in a pickle.

Then I applied for a carry permit in the same county, even with me giving them my social, I still got questions from local sherrif dept trying to make sure I wasnt him.

I got back at that mad mother, put her number on craiglist with a pic of a 80s chevy caprice for sale with 20s on it for 1500 bucks. I'm sure she got a call or two.

Unfortunate coincidence!
Sadly, fecal matter occurs. A FTF vist with the local SO should have circumvented any questions.

The "mad mutha"? What can I say? Some folks jist be's idjits!

I'm fortunate in that my five letter surname is as rare as hen's teeth! But....unfortunately, see my last name and there is NO mistake who they're referencing! LOL!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm fortunate in that I've never been denied and delayed only once.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Teal

Longest I've ever been delayed was about 15 mins. Once. They called back pretty quick. This was in the 90's.

Oddly enough - talking mistaken identity - I went to get a fishing license once. They asked if I just wanted a replacement as I had already bought one. I had not tho. Turns out there's a guy living about 100 miles away - same first, middle, last name. Same birthday except for the year. The only way we look different on paper is SSN/birth year.

I used my SSN a few times, no difference. I checked same name and came up with nothing. I wonder that sometimes the more information you include the more parameters it searches.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Simple solution, buy where 4473 and NICS check aren't required. The gunshow loophole don't you know ? Fug the BATF !

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just received this from ATF this morning.

As a result of the passage of the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (BSCA) of 2022, the NICS
Section has been working towards the implementation of an enhanced background check
process for persons between the ages of 18-20. Please refer to https://nicsezcheckfbi.gov/ for
further details.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Let me know when the BATF goes after gangbangers in Chicago and other urban Hellholes, you know, fellows who'd likely shoot back.

Let ME know when we've decided we've had enough if this horseshit, and WE become the "fellows who'd likely shoot back"...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Background check is optional here for CCW holders. No denials, delays, or confusion with jackholes with the same name.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I am having to provide address info on delays

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

247 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 2UP, 257 mag, 37L1, 35, 23 invisible), 1,778 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,623
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.