Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by earlybrd
So how does the creed fill the gap between the 243 vs 270

The 270 Win can't hang with a 264 Kreed,due it's .697 BC at 2700fps+ from a 21" spout. Hint.

If only for starters.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Bore diameter?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It eliminates the need for either of these so you have more room in the gun safe!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
The average of .277 & .243 is .26.

So, the Creed is simply......... average?

Well, I reckon so.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Then .264 would be above average, no?

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Have a Tikka 6.5 and like it a lot. If not affordable, I see no way to beat the RAR. I would happily hunt any US herbivore with it. They are so easy to shoot well. My best groups with it are half an MOA or a twitch under. If I wanted to hunt Scenars, might possibly get better. Going for bull elk #2 with it soon.

J

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Forced Induction is Sanctioned. Hint............

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

26 and 147’s were blissfully awesome in my old Tikka. I need another one just to shoot up all of my loaded ammo. I used Alpha and 200’s and man, just a champ as far as easy shooting.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've not opened a Tikka box,since today. Hint.(grin)

Deciding on glass now,but Barkin' Arken has a nice ring to it. Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve had a handful of 6.5 CM’s and none have been hard to get to shoot either 140 Berger’s, 143/147 eld’s or 139 scenars depending on what I had to burn. Only used R26 and h4350 so can’t comment on other powders.

I tend to like less common rounds so my Current CM barrel is stamped 6.5x47 Lapua and currently shooting tiny groups with 139 scenars as a buddy had a pile of them. Seeing 2825 with h4350.

Attached Images
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have had and let go of a few 6.5 Creedmoor rifles, I still have an AR and this new X-Bolt Long Range Stalker.

The 6.5 C is an easy button to hit of calibers, even cheap crappy stocked rifles seem to shoot accurately, neighbor has an Axis for his pig/utv rifle and it will shoot little groups with just about any thing he throws in it, I think he paid less than $300 at Atwoods Farm store.

I wish we still had a Sportsman's locally.

5rds out of the X-Bolt this past week while verifying boresight.

[Linked Image from texashuntingforum.com]

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
IC B3

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Love my T3x 6.5 SL, but I feel the 24” is unnecessary.
22” fluted would be better. Not sure I’m gaining all that much and it would be easier to handle and even lighter . Just my 2 cents.

Kimber hunter is also around the same price point.
I have both in 6.5. The kimber had to go back To the shop to get the chamber repolished and kimber doesn’t want reloads. Only factory premium ammo.

For me Tikka all day long.

I’d also be looking at the sauer 100. Maybe not as lite as tikka, but feels more solid and has 5 mag flush mag vs 3.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Seems to me the Creed creates a lot of animosity among those who feel their fav round is being challenged, those who jealously don't have one and those who don't like idea of something new or different. Those are the Cons.

Pros: It's a great round with great ammo on dealer's shelves that will often out shoot one's best handloads. That's also an affront to conventional wisdom, handloads always beating factory load.

And the ammo isn't overly expensive. And, relatively inexpensive guns in dealer's racks that can, out of the box, often outshoot expensive custom rifles, another affront to one's manhood.

So, it can be a challenging, disruptive round to some, a great round for others.

I happen to be a fan.

Just my opinion.

DF
This. Call me a fan, too.

Add me to the list.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty good summation there by Dirtfarmer. I'm a fan also.

Now with even more aplomb
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Seems to me the Creed creates a lot of animosity among those who feel their fav round is being challenged, those who jealously don't have one and those who don't like idea of something new or different. Those are the Cons.

Pros: It's a great round with great ammo on dealer's shelves that will often out shoot one's best handloads. That's also an affront to conventional wisdom, handloads always beating factory load.

And the ammo isn't overly expensive. And, relatively inexpensive guns in dealer's racks that can, out of the box, often outshoot expensive custom rifles, another affront to one's manhood.

So, it can be a challenging, disruptive round to some, a great round for others.

I happen to be a fan.

Just my opinion.

DF

Add me to the list.

Well, rickt300 would say we're a bunch of effeminate, man bun wearing soy-boy types. grin

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

I happen to be a fan.

Just my opinion.

DF

I've run into that twice. The first time was some Norma police/sniper contract overrun ammo in 308 loaded with 168 grain Match Kings. The second was Berger ammo in 6.5 Creedmoor loaded with their 140 grain hybrid target bullet. These were very hard to equal, let alone beat.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The most positive thing, IMHO, about the 6.5CM is that, with 120gr bullets, it's a ballistic twin to my beloved 257R. grin

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by southtexas
The most positive thing, IMHO, about the 6.5CM is that, with 120gr bullets, it's a ballistic twin to my beloved 257R. grin

Excellent point.👍

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by JGRaider

I happen to be a fan.

Just my opinion.

DF

Add me to the list.

Well, rickt300 would say we're a bunch of effeminate, man bun wearing soy-boy types. grin

I used to think the 6.5 CM derangement syndrome crowd had arguments with merit, but after well over 100 hogs and 125 whitetail doe culls, I know better. It flat out works with a wide variety of bullets.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
It's not that some are deranged, it's the incessant, my blah blah is better than your blah blah blah. It is the same thing with Hammer bullets, I am not going to not give credit where credit is due, it's just everytime some asks for specific information about a specific rifle, caliber or bullet, there are multiple that reply with the you should be using this new fangled gadget or that gizmo.

Within reason, pretty much any rifle, caliber or bullet will accomplish said task, as long as common sense plays in the game.

The fanbois ruin it for most, it's the same song and dance everytime, or at least the majority of the time. People either love or hate certain calibers, rifles, bullets or even methods.

I believe that the 6.5 Creedmoor has its place, it is easy to shoot, builds confidence in young or new shooters, virtually no recoil, ammo is somewhat readily available and there are rifles to fit just about any budget.

It's really a no brainer, just put down the foam fingers and provide your actual experiences and drop the rhetoric, in this day and age, the information is readily available to anyone who actually wants it.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn

I happen to be a fan.

Just my opinion.

DF

I agree with Dirtfarmer and math on the CM backs it up.

A 6.5 CM with a 140 gn bullet has a sectional density (SD) of about .287 comparted to a 30-06 with a 180 gn and SD of .271. Both are in the 2700 FPS MV area so the performance in penetration on game would be very similar. The CM out of a short magazine, with a case length shorter than a 243 Win, has more room for heavier, longer bullets as well. Just a well thought out cartridge that likely has a long future.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 51 invisible), 2,320 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,509
Posts18,472,370
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.