R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Because your cousin is an inbred dumb schit like his dogs

Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by deflave
Is this a serious question?
My opinion was… I was at my cousins house a few weeks ago and she has two dogs. One looks like a Black and Tan hound mix and the other is Shepard mix of some kind. These two dogs smelled my dogs scent in my truck and went satanic. They were biting my tires and trying to get into the cab on the truck. Then they would just turn on each other with the same furor.
Crazy cousin was trying to break them up while they were turned on each other. It was the craziest phugin thing I’d ever seen. I got my pistol unholstered and was going to put a bullet into them if they turned on her. I’ll say it again, I have never seen dogs go that crazy in an instant.
My cousins response, they do that all the time…. BS, I’d put an end to it

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think this breed has been genetically manipulated through breeding to the point I wouldn't trust them.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ribka
Because your cousin is an inbred dumb schit like his dogs

Originally Posted by deflave
Is this a serious question?
My opinion was… I was at my cousins house a few weeks ago and she has two dogs. One looks like a Black and Tan hound mix and the other is Shepard mix of some kind. These two dogs smelled my dogs scent in my truck and went satanic. They were biting my tires and trying to get into the cab on the truck. Then they would just turn on each other with the same furor.
Crazy cousin was trying to break them up while they were turned on each other. It was the craziest phugin thing I’d ever seen. I got my pistol unholstered and was going to put a bullet into them if they turned on her. I’ll say it again, I have never seen dogs go that crazy in an instant.
My cousins response, they do that all the time…. BS, I’d put an end to it
My cousin is a her, I think I stated that pretty clear. But that’s alright, as long as you get to add something that’s all that matters. We’re not looking for quality content here

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Your Brittney was probably like my English Pointer. She would point birds as a pup. I never trained her to do it; it had been bred into her. The thought is there is something inside their brains triggering this response when they get excited and up close to birds. It causes then to essentially have a mini-seizure and they lock up. There must be something similar in the pit bulls. They were bred from the terrier and bulldog to have stamina and strength to fight to the death. There’s something inside their brains that triggers the ‘fight’ response; which is exactly what they were bred to do. It can’t be trained out either since it’s a primal instinct. Not sure they all have it, but many seem to and I’m interested in taking the risk with one.

Let me get this straight. You are interested in, "taking the risk with one"??? Good luck Ben. These threads are all the same. People do not understand the breed. Yes, they have very poor genetics and bred for a reason. I've seen them go crazy, even though they had very nice owners. Out in the country, not in the ghetto.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Instinct and breeding can not be trained out and always resurface given the correct stimulus .

Pits are unstable and rarely used in ring sport or protection .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Used to have an account in town. Whenever I’d treat the backyard the neighbors dogs would go psycho-bonkers

They had this menagerie of big ones, fluffy ones, couple of boxers and a little shaggy one

So they’d go apeshît and run up and down the fence at me. They’d get so worked up they seemed to fighting each other over who was gonna get me the worst.

This one boxer looked like it’d been smacked with a shovel in the face. More so than usual; it would grab up the Poopsie shîtzu lookin one and shake it like a rag doll off to the side while the other 7-8 were still raising hell,barking and running the fence.

They loved it when I made Bonzo The Ch impanzee noises back at them.

Stupid mfers

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I have heard, but can not confirm that the brain in pit bulls out grows the skull, problems.....

I have never had problems with pit bulls that the neighbor owned, but always had flipper knife and sub compact on me when I was around them.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I love dogs but would not own one. Not worth the chance all it takes is a trigger. Fighting is bred into them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ol'man said to never ph uck with dogs behind a fence.

There could be an unseen freshly dug hole...under the fence.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TreeMutt
why do pit bulls, or possibly any dog, all of a sudden go berserk and become killers.

Because they have not been shot.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My take is that they have all been interbread to often.

Last edited by granitestate1; 10/07/22.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by duke61
I think this breed has been genetically manipulated through breeding to the point I wouldn't trust them.

I don't either.

Last edited by plumbum; 10/07/22.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Eazy there big boi, there was supposed to be a ‘not’ in there. Ninja edited.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by granitestate1
My take is that they have all been interbread to often.

this. A animal bred to fight and kill than has mental problems from crossbreading.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The dogs are bred to do that. My spaniels were bred to hunt birds and did so when they were small pups. The border collies and heelers we had were bred to work livestock. Our little dachshund was bred to dig out underground critters. All of these pups did their jobs with little or no training. The pitbull was bred to be a vicious animal that would attack and maul another animal. Sometimes they substitute humans for that animal. What triggers them to attack people at any given moment - who knows - but, that is what they are bred to do. Why does this confuse people?

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Kill em all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ll just say that dogs are not a lot different than humans in some respects and leave it at that.

I'll expound, with my own opinion.

You can set stats on violence with humans as a whole.
Then break it down to nationalities.
Race, age, gender.

Pits are a race, more violent than most.
Some are much better than others, but they lack impulse control
and can suddenly and unexpectedly snap.

Just like folks, it happens in every group.
But most aren't as prone to it, or as violent when they do.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I always thought spaniels were bred just to take liquid caramel Rolo craps habitually on shag carpet

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Tyrone
A lot of dogs get mean when they are older. They develop health issues, the issues cause pain and/or a loss of sleep, the animal naturally gets a shorter fuse.

Absolutely true. But then mix in the other genetic and physical factors….

Watch the FUGG out!

Seen my dearest little teddy bear of a Shih Tzu/poodle bare her teeth at, and mock-bite, at my now 8 year old daughter.
They’ve come a long way since she was a toddler and the dog would point blank hide from her under a bed.

Different breeds, different results.

I have no want for many breeds, pits being at the top of the list.

Like someone else already stated, it’s a bad combination of strength and stupidity.

I’ll give a Doberman and a German Shepard a nod over many other breeds, in that sense, because they at least have the intelligence to largely ‘control’ their behavior - with proper ownership. Ever wonder why Rotties seem to be a second (albeit fairly distant) in the mauling and death-by-dog stats? It’s the same thing - All brawn and not enough brain. Plus breeding.

Last edited by Mr_Harry; 10/07/22.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

173 members (3dtestify, 325wsm1, 280ACKIMP, 44mc, 007FJ, 1badf350, 15 invisible), 12,521 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,338
Posts18,546,276
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.