-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fortunately for you CLUELESS Fhuqks,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you gals can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as the OP,WyoCryo and Beezer,will always be BEST served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". Fact is,do tell about the 108's in your 6x45 AR. HINT.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

It's never been difficult to savvy who shoots and who don't,which arranges Oblivious HILARITY as a default,for you Don'tards. Read that again. Now one more time. HINT.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
WSM is what I wanted. -08 is what I got. Don't really feel shorted in the least.

Me

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
What is actually better?

Nothing much in my book. A good 7 Rem Mag is the easy button. A lot of great factory ammo and if you have a rifle that isn’t sick they’re a blessing to shoot.

I still recommend a 7 Rem to a person wanting an elk and deer rifle and not make a single excuse for the cartridge.

It really is hard to beat. Brass selection is fantastic. Bullet selection the same.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Teal,

I feel your pain. Hint.(grin)

Only a bit bigger than 22" green. A single Smooching 162' Max. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I got the chance finally go out to the range and sight in a new CLR in 7mag as well as double check my backup 7mag bdl and cheap truck gun 243. I brought 4 kinds of ammo to see what it would like and the first box I tried of 162gr eldx shot well enough I didn’t even try the others. For guys that don’t have the time or drive to reload it’s nice having a chambering that’s readily available. Also I’m fairly confident it will handle anything in Montana I’ll stumble onto and the recoil wasn’t that massive of a jump over the 243 either. Bottom line plenty of options of all shapes and sizes, shoot whatever trips your trigger but I’ve definitely got a soft spot for the 7mag especially this new one. My buddy that was with me was drooling over how light and handy it was compared to his bdl and wishes he could track one down in 300wm now.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CLR's are dog Schit in said chambering,by literal design and their HILARIOUS magbox "latitude". Hint.

The merits of Big Green 3.690" confines,are more than a touch obvious. Mainly because mechanics just "happen" to fhuqking matter. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

'Course,with the 300 Winny being an even longer case,that chambering is an even bigger piece of fhuqking schit in a 3.25" 'box. Hint.

Joan Average ain't very bright and she'll PROVE it,if only by doing her BEST. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
CLR's are dog Schit in said chambering,by literal design and their HILARIOUS magbox "latitude". Hint.

The merits of Big Green 3.690" confines,are more than a touch obvious. Mainly because mechanics just "happen" to fhuqking matter. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

'Course,with the 300 Winny being an even longer case,that chambering is an even bigger piece of fhuqking schit in a 3.25" 'box. Hint.

Joan Average ain't very bright and she'll PROVE it,if only by doing her BEST. Hint.

We’ve had this conversation before you Neanderthal, it fits everything I shoot just fine so get it through that cue ball overinflated ego brain of yours and I won’t bring up your hood rat blinged out gold and Stevie wonder could find neon orange rifles you’re so proud of.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wrongington,

In fairness,I recall less than fhuqking zero about you,though am everything but "surprised!",that you fixate me 24/7...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute",as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

You be sure to extoll your very WELL founded Insecurities and I'll happily fuel them,with wares that simply exist. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have an early SS 7mm RM 700. It is an accurate rifle. Many groups under 1 MOA and a few under 1/2 MOA. This is my favorite load:

7 mm RM, 700 BDL, 140 grain Nosler Partition, 72 grains RE 26, averages 0.38 MOA

So, then, "Why not abandon the 30-06, the 280, the 300 Win Mag, the 7mm Weatherby Mag, the 264 Win Mag and the 270?" There is no need for them. While at it, might as well get rid of the 7x57, the 7-08 and some others too. Come right down to it, there's no need for any 25, 6.5 or 30 or 8mm, or any other 7mm cartridge. There, now life is simple.

Last edited by Bugger; 10/12/22.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If only because bullets matter wayyyyy more than headstamps,I MUCH prefer a 21" 7-08 with .796 BC 180's at 2600fps,over a 24" or longer 7mm RemMag and .434BC 140 NPT's at 3350fps. Hint.

Dangle a picture of said piece of fhuqking schit. Hint.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Brad
Here in Montana, given a "7emem" is always a 7mm Rem Mag, this is a required warning:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

When I worked at the LGS you couldnt believe the amount of hurt feelers I got when asked for " 7 em em shells" and I would reply, " Which one?"

Hell even the boss got after me about it till I explained if this idiot gets the wrong shells and his gun blows up, you're liable...that ended that schitt.

Last edited by ingwe; 10/12/22.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Brad
Here in Montana, given a "7emem" is always a 7mm Rem Mag, this is a required warning:

When I worked at the LGS you couldnt believe the amount of hurt feelers I got when asked for " 7 em em shells" and I would reply, " Which one?"

Hell even the boss got after me about it till I explained if this idiot gets the wrong shells and his gun blows up, you're liable...that ended that schitt.

Common gun dummy stupidity around here, hear it all the time, heard a schmuck yesterday in Sportsmans Warehouse asking

"Do you have 300 bullets " ?

Eye rolling moment of disgust & funnier than shyte at the same time ....

The counter guy is like "Win Mag is out but we just got 40 boxes of WSM"

Gun dummy is like , "no I'm looking for PRC bullets" LMGDMFAO !!!!'

I almost asked WTF are PRC bullets but was afraid I'd laugh in the dumb bastards face ! lol

Fairly common these days with the younger morons to associate "sixfive" with the 6.5 manbun ..

& 7 em em with the 7mm Rem Mag ... but that will soon change once the HYPE is cranked into overdrive with the new 7mm PRC

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JMR40
Please let us know what powder/primer combo your using in that 270 and 280 to launch a 160gr bullet 3000+fps.

If I could have ever found a combo that would actually do that with a 7mm Rem mag I'd still have one.

Off the Nosler data with a 160 gr bullet:
63 gr of IMR 4831 = 3008 fps
64 grs of IMR 7828 = 3014 fps
61.5 grs of RL-19 = 3053 fps
63 grs of RL-22 = 3058 fps
70 grs of RL-25 = 3063 fps
72 grs of MagPro = 3072 fps.

As to the OP's question, my father bought a 7mm Mag when they first became available in the early 1960s. My grandfather also shot a 7mm Rem Mag. Both myself and my brother got 7mm Rem Mags when we turned 13. Growing up in CO it was a good caliber for the mule deer, pronghorn and elk hunting we did. It had enough velocity to reach out the distances we shot at and it carried enough energy downrange to take the game we shot at. It worked and I still shoot it to this day.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
C
ClemB Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Actually to BSA i guess I hit a nerve with expressing my opinion on the 7mm RM. And to let you know I've been at this game for well over 55 years.
You say I'm stirring the pot just because you don't agree with me. You are such small minded or thin skinned if you think someone can't have an opinion other than your own.
The 7mm RM IMO is a chambering I really don't care to have.

C
ClemB Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Originally Posted by ingwe
[quote=Brad]Here in Montana, given a "7emem" is always a 7mm Rem Mag, this is a required warning:

Common gun dummy stupidity around here, /quote

When i worked at a sporting goods store many years ago a guy asked for 270 ammo. I offered him a box of Rems and he said he had a Win rifle and couldn't use those!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
7 rem mag will always have a place when it comes to killing critters.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you were to make a list of overrated cartridges, it would look something like this:

#1 6.5 Creedmoor
#2 7mm Remington Magnum

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Schitsmell,

Your boundless Retardation,reliably takes you to places that don't exist...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now what were the "odds",that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,you just also "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Schitsmell,

Your boundless Retardation,reliably takes you to places that don't exist...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now what were the "odds",that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,you just also "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Seems like up around the 💯% mark.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
C
ClemB Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
You all can have your 7mmRM. I'll continue to stick with my diminutive 270 win and 7-08 for most of my hunting. My 270 has been with me for 25+ years and has taken whitetail, mulies and pronghorn from literally in my lap to over 400 yards and all with single shots. I don't need a powder guzzling mag. For bigger game like bear and moose I've been very successful with my '06.
I had magnums before until I realized they aren't needed. If I want to shoot a big boy I'll reach for one of my 45-70s.

Last edited by ClemB; 10/13/22.
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (44mc, anothergun, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, AceBall, 14 invisible), 1,652 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,829
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.