Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Someone posted earlier this year about a company that made really good hunting/hiking and work boots. Damned if I can find it now.

Anybody remember the name of the company?

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Russell in Berlin, WI ?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Nicks

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nick's, White's and Frank's boots are all in Spokane. Wesco's are in Oregon along with Drew's boots.

Call Kyle at Baker's Boots in Eugene Oregon and order your boots through him instead of the factory. His service is that good.

There is also Kuilgens but I don't know anything about them.

I'll drop your some links in a minute.

Last edited by DryPowder; 10/12/22.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks!

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
White's in Spokane. I have two pairs and love them, have had many pair rebuilt. A boot bought from White's is a lifetime investment. Get a boot drier and put them away at night. If you wear them out, send them back and have them rebuilt. Also, Obenauf's boot grease is the best, made in Peck Idaho. Huberd's is also good but I prefer Obenauf's.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Life is but the memories we've created.....Sully Erna
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by DouginAlaska
White's in Spokane. I have two pairs and love them, have had many pair rebuilt. A boot bought from White's is a lifetime investment. Get a boot drier and put them away at night. If you wear them out, send them back and have them rebuilt. Also, Obenauf's boot grease is the best, made in Peck Idaho. Huberd's is also good but I prefer Obenauf's.

+1

I have Nicks

IIRC... Nick worked for White and started his own company (1980s). Nicks sold in 2013, but still 100% American and Private.

White's was bought by Danner and some Japan interests, but still USA made.

Guy above is kinda a dweeb

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What you want is boots custom made to your specific feet measurements. That is just like with long guns where they make gun stock to your specific measurements. As you get old adjustments will have to be made.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Slavek
What you want is boots custom made to your specific feet measurements. That is just like with long guns where they make gun stock to your specific measurements. As you get old adjustments will have to be made.

Genius...

For a BOT... or a Nigerian Prince. Thanks for the intel.

Any advice on feminine hygiene products?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Round makeup remover pads of appropriate size make wunderful gun wipes. These are especially useful in break open shotguns.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Slavek
Round makeup remover pads of appropriate size make wunderful gun wipes. These are especially useful in break open shotguns.

Bet your mom gets pissed at you using her makeup remover pads.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
tag

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hoffman in Kellogg Id.

https://hoffmanboots.com/

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got a pair of hand made western boots in my closet. M.L. Leddy's on North Main in the Fort Worth Stockyards.
It's like slipping on a pair of leather socks.

Messed up my right foot in a car wreck, would love to have a pair of boots that were a custom fit.
They are expensive and you have to have your feet measured. My feet are different by a full size due to atrophy.
I believe there is a couple in El Paso, TX that make a low quarter work or walking "shoe".

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you're ever in Spokane, Nick's has a pretty good selection of seconds on the floor. White's has a storefront with some boots. Both stores are just a few miles apart.

Kyle will want a foot measurement before ordering your boots. Baker's gives you a separate years warranty through the store and guarantees they fit. Incredible service through Baker's. For me, Baker's is like the CameraLand of boots.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
A friend with gawd awful feet had a pair of Russels made. They measured him at the DSC convention. He said they did not fit well, and not worth the money.

NRA Patron
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Tag

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What if you went through alla that trouble and possibly paying some artisan $500+ for some hand made boots…

And they totally sucked pure ASS and hurt your feet and felt like you were walking on concrete all day?

What then?

Is it still worth it to be able to say “mmm yes Bottomtooth, my boots are handmade, piss off”

Is that what it comes down to?

Honest question

And all of this measuring business…that’s all cool and chit I guess. My feet change -/+ 2 sizes during the day. I just stick with Keens and get them a size big.
15 are hard to find

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,593
Posts18,492,171
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.