Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
What’s the parent case for that? Case capacity?

375 ruger

https://www.gunwerks.com/blog/lrp-stories-2/the-birth-of-the-gunwerks-7lrm-256

Meh, not ....

338 Norma Magnum ... on Lapua & Peterson brass
Necked down and improved for 108.5 gr h20 cap.

Optimum capacity for heavy 7mm bullets, can run the 180 ELDM's at 3400 fps, but prefer a heavier payload

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Hey I had to google it and that's what popped up, stop being so damn cryptic.... Hey Im in Willow honking my horn let me know when you hear it thanks...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
HR IC

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
What you doing in Willow .... lookin for Willowbillies ?

Study your alphabet, lol .. no cryptic hidden stuff

Long Range Hunter - LRH = 7mm/338 Norma Mag Improved circa 2012/2013 ..

predates the other wimpy one that doesn't have the capacity to push the 195-197 bullets to a usable level

Long Range Magnum -LRM = 7mm/375 Ruger castrated ie , shortened and reduced capacity ... Lots of guys still think it's a straight necked down 375 Ruger but that's "not the case" ... see what I did there, lol !

Big difference between the LRH & LRM .... which is barely a magnum

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

predates the other wimpy one that doesn't have the capacity to push the 195-197 bullets to a usable level

Long Range Magnum -LRM = 7mm/375 Ruger castrated ie , shortened and reduced capacity ... Lots of guys still think it's a straight necked down 375 Ruger but that's "not the case" ... see what I did there, lol !

Listen I work at the dump for a reason.. my screen on phone is cracked pretty bad.. I hope I have some money left over on payday and I can get a new screen.. Far as cryptic you post stuff on these cool cartridges with no background on them. Granted I will never be able to afford one of those rifles you have. Unless H&R will make a barrel, that single shot H&R is a pretty sweet gun. One day I hope I find a scope in transfer trailers at the dump I work at. Then I can finally scope it.. I did find some canned moose the other day at the dump…

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Dat’s what I thought. Thank you

Buddy has a 7 LRM and comparing it to the Mashburn I couldn’t see how it could produce more velocity

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have 6, thought it was five. 700 classic on top, 700 C Grade, 798 mauser, Sako GA, Sako, Sako. I got the Sako on the bottom in trade, need to sell it, haven’t fired it, bought a new factory pad for it. It has been hunted. I collect the older ones with grip cap and white spacer.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by hanco; 10/18/22.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve got two at the moment. A garden variety R700 and an Alaskan Wilderness 7 RUM. Don’t have much experience with them though.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by hanco
I have 6, thought it was five. 700 classic on top, 700 C Grade, 798 mauser, Sako GA, Sako, Sako. I got the Sako on the bottom in trade, need to sell it, haven’t fired it, bought a new factory pad for it. It has been hunted. I collect the older ones with grip cap and white spacer.

Good looking rifles!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have one. A 700 bdl ss. It's a 7mm saum

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sako L61R 7x61 S&H for me.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by minengr
Sako L61R 7x61 S&H for me.

Is that a factory chambering?

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

Listen I work at the dump for a reason.. my screen on phone is cracked pretty bad.. I hope I have some money left over on payday and I can get a new screen.. Far as cryptic you post stuff on these cool cartridges with no background on them. Granted I will never be able to afford one of those rifles you have. Unless H&R will make a barrel, that single shot H&R is a pretty sweet gun. One day I hope I find a scope in transfer trailers at the dump I work at. Then I can finally scope it.. I did find some canned moose the other day at the dump…

Sounds like things are looking up for you then..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S

Oh lord I don’t think that canned moose meat wasn’t any good, my stomach is all ph ucked up and I been pissing out my ass all morning.

Last edited by 79S; 10/18/22.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
I like them, have 5 or 6. You get a lot of performance without much recoil. If I had to get down to one deer cartridge, I’d pick a 7 Rem Mag.

It would be my pick as well.

I only have one, but it’s a good one. Custom 700.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S

Oh lord I don’t think that canned moose meat wasn’t any good, my stomach is all ph ucked up and I been pissing out my ass all morning.

That's not good. No wonder they threw that schidt away!!! Go get another vaccination supplied by the tribe. I hear they are paying you to get more.. That may help monetarily.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have a ss ruger 77 boat paddle 7mm I still haven't shot and a rem 700 I pieced together with a fluted mag shorter off a 700 ak ti on a ss action in an Alaskan ti stock. The pieced together faux ak ti shoots well and handles well but chambered up just a little on the tight side being snug against some brass brands belts. I like to set my belted stuff up to headsoace off the shoulder after the first pop but this ones right at the belt but still shoots well. I have another 30-06 ak ti take off I need to get on an action because I like the feel of the faux ak ti 700 so well.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Burleyboy,
We will have very similar rigs.
I have a 7 Rem Mag Alaskan ti barrel on a blued receiver, and another in 30-06.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Finally found a box of 180 eld-m’s. On a shelf at fin and feather

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Local Cabelas had some last time I was there 47.99/box. I'll wait for the 175 eldx. I have plenty others and a worked up load for the 162 btsp and 162 Amax....mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by buffybr
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Nice rifle.

I've had a couple of "pawn shop friends" over the years. They cost me a fortune. They're both dead now, and I miss them.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never owned a 7mm of any ilk, myself. Probably should look into a 7 WSM or 7/08, just because.

I did grab a POS 7mm Rem Mag (bone stock Ruger 77, IIRC) from behind a friend's pickup seat to blast a mountain lion that had climbed too far up a P Pine for me to feel comfortable threading an arrow through the limbs. That rifle was also an awesome ditch tiger blower upper. Good times, back in my younger days...

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

496 members (260Remguy, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,413 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,424
Posts18,489,150
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.