Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Dave, you should know better.

I’ll pretend you are new to the board and offer the same advice that was given to 673 - get outdoors and enjoy yourself. Don’t morph into the grumpy Gus that 673 and a few others have become.

With all due respect Steve, my name is Darren, again you have no idea what you are talking about, and that sir does not surprise me in the least.

Cheers ~

KB

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Darren O. Oh. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Ian Thomson shot a tree in his yard to run off his cocaine dealing neighbours who had tossed a fire bomb on his porch and thru his kitchen window—he almost did some serious time over it.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I will offer you the same advice too. Try being upbeat. Try being positive. Unfortunately, you don’t like hearing that either. Life is better when you mix in some fun.

Those aren’t my rules. Those are tips to living a better life.

Your advice is not needed here Steve, thanks anyway.

But you should keep adding emoji’s to the end of your condescending posts to keep things “upbeat” and “positive”.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
If you'd like. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by mod7rem
Good. Once you get to know them, you will find out they are whiners, bigots and western separatists. Frankly, I don't care what you think either. From the posts I've read from you thus far, you crave attention. You remind me of someone from the Yukon who used to post here. No one was interested in him either.

Don’t worry. You'll have plenty of attention in no time. The people who rarely post here, except to complain, should be along very shortly.

Steve,
You seem to have a need to monitor and try to control conversations on the “Canada” forum as if you have some kind of ownership role. Your history of posting on here is consistent in that you start lots of threads on things you are interested in, but try to derail conversation’s you don’t like. I find you to be the most abrasive, condescending and annoying poster on this forum and I actually stopped opening any threads you start for that reason. It’s easy to not join in on conversations you don’t like.

That is Steve in a nutshell. Ignore seems the best solution in the circumstance

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That won't work either, Dwayne.

Lol.. I find the boys from western Canada to be alright fellas.. But from what we all seen you are a Covid believer, believe travel restrictions should still be enforced keep us dreaded rebels from the kings rebel colony out of Canada.. Only person that should be able to own a a pistol is you and a few others. Sad when you think you are better than the boys out west.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Steve;
Forgive me but I'm not understanding what won't work exactly?

Just me being frustrated?

Hopefully it goes without saying that I've spent considerable time, energy and funding to move the political dial in a different direction.

Unless something happens between Prince Socks and Mr. Singh, we're going to be in this situation for a wee bit yet, but I will note that there are some cracks showing with the western provinces taking the lead - with the notable exception of BC for sure which I'm not proud of but am working on changing as well.

Regarding me being a bigot, I'm not sure I've earned that label, but if I've done so, I do apologize.

As far as being a western separatist, indeed I have been in the past and without some honest good faith movement from the east will be inclined towards that in the future.

If you see me as whiner, then too I'll apologize for that since that wasn't my intent.

All the best to you Steve, regardless of our differences.

Dwayne

He’s saying you being cordial to him is not going to change his mind about you all out west. He sees you guys as separatist hayseeds, only people in Ontario know what’s best for the rest of Canada.

Dwayne don’t apologize to him..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Lorne, 79S, I told BuzzyBee that you'd be here. I'm glad my predictions came true!

Lorne is a crab. Not sure about you, 79S. Regardless, introduce yourself to the new folks and you can swap a few stories. lol Enjoy.

P.S. Here's a picture of a cannabis bud. I figure some here might be familiar with it. Others in Canada and elsewhere should consider partaking of it to benefit from the smiles it generates.

[Linked Image from marijuana.tm]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Lorne, 79S, I told BuzzyBee that you'd be here. I'm glad my predictions came true!

Lorne is a crab. Not sure about you, 79S. Regardless, introduce yourself to the new folks and you can swap a few stories. lol Enjoy.

P.S. Here's a picture of a cannabis bud. I figure some here might be familiar with it. Others in Canada and elsewhere should consider partaking of it to benefit from the smiles it generates.

[Linked Image from marijuana.tm]
F a g

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[img]https://marijuana.tm/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Techniques-in-Improving-the
-Quality-of-your-Cannabis-Buds.jpg[/img]

You must be smoking a bunch of the devils lettuce.. You are very full of yourself..

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 79S
…You must be smoking a bunch of the devils lettuce.. You are very full of yourself..

That’s the spirit!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How come every time the Canuks get in a pissing match Redgwell
is in the middle of it? Mostly, alone on his side?

And Dwayne?
How in thee hell is a guy so damn nice?
This is one time that, "Your Mama must be proud" is a sincere complement!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Don’t know. I guess they didn’t like me posting the Criminal Code. That explains what the legal community uses to determine what force is justifiable for self defence.

I guess my suggestion that they talk with a lawyer wasn’t well received either.

Some folks don’t let facts get in the way of a good argument.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just want to add that although I am a new member here, I have had several communications with Dwayne and have read some of his posts, you will never meet a nicer man, a dam fine hunter as well a rifle enthusiast.

I have also had some interactions with 673, really nice guy as well!

As for Steve, first time I have heard from him is on this thread, he reminds me of this guy lol

KB

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Castle doctrine does still apply in Canada, I believe. I know of two people who defended themselves by shooting their potential attackers and both were, ultimately, found to be innocent. Once case was in Calgary where a smallish guy used a shotgun on a great, big, SOB who was advancing on him. It was ruled that he acted appropriately because he had good reason to fear for his life.
Another was a friend who used a Colt single action on a man who had been terrorizing his family for months. The guy had even beaten then family dog to death, with a shovel, in the front yard, in front of the wife and kids. The shooter lost in court when the original judge ruled that all evidence of previous interaction was inadmissible. After spending a year in prison, he was granted a new trial where all evidence was weighed, and the conviction was set aside.
So, just like in the US, the right to self defense exists but the courts are often involved in affirming this. GD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
greydog;
Top of the morning to you my friend, I hope you've got the fire lit and coffee on out east.

We're just above freezing for the first time this morning and while it spit a wee bit yesterday we're still hoping for some rain. There was a bit of a fire still going west of Peachland that we saw coming back from Kelowna yesterday too, so still wildfire season out here.

On the subject of defending oneself with a firearm here in BC, I know of 3 instances where individuals did so and as far as I'm aware were not incarcerated as a result.

That said greydog, as I recall all 3 were charged with a couple of offenses and had to undergo the court proceedings and lawyers fees.

In all three cases I'm speaking of there was a history of violence between parties and that appears to have added weight to the defense's contention they were in fear of their lives.

Two of the cases involved shotguns and one an unregistered handgun.

For those interested in wound results, one shotgun round of what was described to me only as "birdshot" hit the femoral artery of the attacker and that as they say, was that. The local fire department found him right there.

In the second incident, the fellow took a rifled slug in the chest, which spun him around on the porch entrance, after which a second round of buckshot hit him in the shoulder and back. Interestingly the paramedic who attended and found him waiting quietly on the lawn at the base of the stairs, told me that the slug didn't exit.

I'd opine there's a lesson right there for people who choose to run a shotgun for bear defense. Choose the slug type carefully.

The handgun was a .22 revolver and if memory serves was an 8 shot, all of which hit the attacker as he was coming into the building. He like the fellow above, was waiting on the lawn quietly when paramedics and LEO arrived. I worked with the deceased criminal's brother for years and still know the brother well enough to say hello. He is the absolute salt of the earth, but apparently his brother was a nogoodnik from day one and died as a result of his choices.

Again going off of a foggy memory as the incidents are at least 20 years back now, even then all were charged.

Having talked a wee bit with the Crown Prosecutor back in the '90's, there appears to be considerable latitude given to the CP as to whether or not charges will be laid.

Then too, having some experience with local judges and arbitrators - in one case it was a judge who I was familiar with - they have some latitude as to how they'll interpret and choose to apply the law.

As usual, it appears my answer has brought more questions than actual answers, but I would strongly suggest that in the event a Canadian needs to use lethal force at the present time, a very good lawyer should be immediately retained - as in before any statements to any LEO.

All the best to you all greydog and good hunting. Let's hope the cold kicks some stuff into moving during the day.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 10/23/22. Reason: more information

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BC30cal
I'd opine there's a lesson right there for people who choose to run a shotgun for bear defense. Choose the slug type carefully.

Dwayne

Hi Dwayne I hope your Sunday is going great, surprised you are not out there hunting! lol

Just wanted to say that when it comes to Bear defense: Whenever I am bow hunting in Bear country, I carry the shotgun below (in the picture with the two large bear skulls) on my back with an 18" barrel. IMO the best round to stop them critters in their tracks is 00 Buckshot. I used to load up my Mossy 88 with Slugs, but this video changed my mind and I load my shotgun with 3" Magnum 00 Buckshot now.

Have a great day young man ~ Darren

Last edited by KillerBee; 10/23/22.

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Dwayne, your liberals are just like ours, they use crime as the excuse to impose draconian gun laws...when in reality any idiot can see its a thinly veiled attempt to disarm the populace. Its not about guns, its about control.I don't know about you Canucks but down here we are bracing to not comply should anything new come down the ;legislative pike.

ingwe;
Good morning my old friend, I hope that the day is bright and clear down on your side of the medicine line and you're all well.

We in the western part of Canada have been in a struggle with the central Federal government for years, my entire life really ingwe, over that control issue. Whether it was marketing boards which prevented us from selling what we grew or other issues which we believed should be provincial/regional and they felt they knew best it's been over control.

As an example, the Canadian Wheat Board controlled how much grain a farmer was able to take to market. Imagine if you can that you're a Saskatchewan farmer and have had a good year, so your granaries are full. You're now in a position to pay down the operating loan to the bank, some Farm Credit loans on that section you bought off of the neighbor last fall and maybe look at replacing the aging tractor. You're in good shape, no?

Well no, because for "reasons" the CWB has decided not to open quota on what your bins have in them, so lucky you, you're now in default position for all your loans. Cool, no?

Oh, you can sell "off board" in some instances but only for animal feed.

People were charged and fined for attempting to haul grain south of the medicine line so they could sell it and keep afloat.

Cool again, no?

I could go on, but that's how myself and many people I knew then got involved with the Western Canada Concept and the Reform Party. The relationship was not working for us.

When we'd attempt to explain it to folks from central Canada, they either didn't believe us or weren't interested. Not interested enough to help make a change. I'll note here that we did meet folks from rural Quebec who were in the same place as we were and then too the folks from Atlantic Canada were typically wonderful too, so in that light I'd rather see us find a solution and keep the nation complete.

When Prince Sock's father or at least parent - Pierre Elliot Trudeau - told us to "sell our own damn wheat" but didn't dismantle the CWB or actually allow us to and when he gave folks up in Salmon Arm the finger out of the train window, it confirmed our opinions.

I'll add that Salmon Arm area is the stomping grounds near my friend 673 and he knows the back country around there as well as anyone I'd opine.

Anyways ingwe, indeed this is not about firearms in my view, it absolutely is about control.

There appears to be a groundswell of blow back happening among the western provinces now over some of this, though I'll add that the leftist provincial government here in BC is conspicuously silent to our shame AND that New Brunswick has joined in which is fantastic news.

Again I'll reiterate the above are just the musings and experiences which I have had and where I come from. Others will be different and that's as it should be.

All the best to you all ingwe and good hunting.

Dwayne

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
KillerBee;
Good morning to you my cyber friend, I hope you're not getting the blizzard that Calgary is or at least if you are you can stay off the roads.

At this current moment I'm able to work around a few other people's schedules, so my usual weekend hunting partner - our eldest daughter - took today off hunting and so did I. As it happens too, it's our 40th anniversary today so we're just having a coffee while the woodstove warms up the place.

On the subject of bear arms and for sure and certain it's always a hotly debated topic, I've gone down many, many rabbit holes trying to come up with a plan as well.

Personally then Darren, for myself, I've settled on either the top or center pump for camping, meat packing and recalcitrant yard bruin hazing.

[Linked Image]

They've all been worked over in the shop, having the follower spring replaced and a Hi-Viz Delrin No Jam follower installed.

https://sjhardware.com/product/universal-12ga-spring-and-powerfeed-no-jam-follower/

Every "serious shotgun" that goes through my shop gets this modification, that's how much I believe in that Darren.

After talking to folks from Churchill, MB who haze polar bears and the occasional grizzly for a living, as well as one memorable conversation with a BC Ministry biologist, I've abandoned buckshot for slugs.

The only slugs I carry however for serious work are either the Challenger Slugs from Canadian Tire or if you can find them RWS Brenneke slugs, which are proverbial hen's teeth up here.

[Linked Image from tigerarms.ca]

Link to the Can Tire Challengers, which are loaded in Quebec and use the very good and very hard Italian Gualandi slug

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/...12-gauge-2-3-4-in-1-1-8-oz-1754541p.html

My reasoning for those two slug choices Darren is they offer the most potential penetration of slugs which we can get up here.

There is a Latvian loaded slug - D Dupleks Monolit 32 - which I would test in a heartbeat as well, but they don't come up across the medicine line so that's that as they say.

https://www.ddupleks.com/monolit-32

Again as with all things Darren, there are many roads leading to Mecca and I'm not attempting to persuade anyone to take the same road as I have, merely to attempt to articulate how it is I got to where I'm at on the road - today.

All the best and good hunting.

Dwayne

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

679 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 3,142 guests, and 1,394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,480
Posts18,471,781
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.