OP Offline
Campfire Regular
you all have a favorite 2 3/4 inch turkey load/

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Federal Premium or Winchester Super X Double X magnums in 4 shot. Both were buffered and used high antimony plated shot. Had a bunch of them left over from waterfowling and they worked great. I reload an ounce and a quarter load very similar to the above loads. Its taken a few turkeys too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you're talking 12 gauge 2 3/4" you won't find a better performing lead shotshell than the Winchester Longbeard XR. I know it comes in #5 shot. Not sure about other sizes. But the limited payload you are dealing with in a 2 3/4" shell begs for finer shot. #5's as the biggest............. #6's even better.

To wring the absolute MOST performance out of a 2 3/4" shell, TSS shot is it. It'll also wring the most money outta your wallet. But it IS the schizz. Not sure who all loads TSS in a 2 3/4" 12 gauge. Apex does........ Federal (as of now) doesn't.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is your gun threaded for interchangeable choke tubes ???

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 10/23/22.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Hevi-shot still making 2-3/4" loads? I had a bunch of them, 2-3/4" 12ga with #6's back when, I remember them being a pretty good shell.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've been using 20 year old Winchester Super X magnum #6's for years. Kills them now just like when my Dad bought them. I'd try TSS but have never seen them in a 2 3/4", and don't feel they are really necessary.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Yoder409
If you're talking 12 gauge 2 3/4" you won't find a better performing lead shotshell than the Winchester Longbeard XR. I know it comes in #5 shot. Not sure about other sizes. But the limited payload you are dealing with in a 2 3/4" shell begs for finer shot. #5's as the biggest............. #6's even better.

To wring the absolute MOST performance out of a 2 3/4" shell, TSS shot is it. It'll also wring the most money outta your wallet. But it IS the schizz. Not sure who all loads TSS in a 2 3/4" 12 gauge. Apex does........ Federal (as of now) doesn't.

I can agree with this, but it still boils down to the fact that you have to shoot your gun and see what it likes. I have seen and experienced the fact that with a given shell, it may not shoot well with a certain size shot, just changing shot size will make it look like a whole different gun. Shell/choke/shot size all play a factor.
I would suggest that when you find the combo, you buy all of the same lot number of ammo that you think you can afford or need. Shell companies will stop making a shell or change components at the drop of a hat, and then you are back to square one.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Back when I fall turkey hunted with vintage shotguns I tried most all common pellet sizes 4, 5 & 6 shot. Older English guns were usually not choked as tight as modern guns. If you do a pellet counts a #5 & #6 will edge out a #4 in pellet count. With the lighter pay load of a 2&3/4" shell I found it best to just look at the pattern and let your common sense show you what shell/shot size looks the best out of your gun.

The gun in the picture was an 1925 W.C. Scott live pigeon gun with original 2&3/4 chambers and .729 bores and .035 choke in each barrel. It shot the best looking patterns with 2&3/4", 1&5/8oz #4 Silver box Winchester Turkey load cost then was about 10 dollars a box for 10.

Winchester now makes a newer shell called a "Rooster" available in 2&3/4" with the shot lock buffering I'd give them a try.....they come 15 shells to box and are not real expensive.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks everyone .LFC that's a beautiful picture

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

This is an interesting photo, LFC. One that begs several questions, not the least of which is were 5 turkeys really legal? When you originally posted this photo, you said the following:

Originally Posted by LFC
...this was an all day solo hunt in Dickson County Tennessee...all legal two different breaks. Shot 2 on the morning hunt...I should've had 6 legal birds but one got up and flew on the morning hunt.

Tennessee's 2009 fall turkey regulations are still online.

https://publications.tnsosfiles.com/pub/proclamations/06-06-09.pdf

2009 Tennessee Fal Turkey Regulations:

Section V. 2009 Fall Turkey Hunting (Shotgun/Archery)
The following counties are open for archery only fall turkey hunting during fall archery only deer
seasons. Bag limit for this season is one turkey either-sex. These same counties are open for one
quota gun fall turkey hunt on Dec 7-18,2009 with a bag limit of one turkey either-sex per permit
with the exception that those counties indicated by an asterisk (*) have a bag limit of three (3)
either-sex turkeys per permit.

Dickson has an asterick so the fall bag limit was three. So, at most, according to this 2009 regulation, you could have taken one fall turkey by bow during the fall deer archery season, and three by gun in Dickson County with a quota hunt permit. That's 4 total. But you have 5, all by gun, all on the same day, and claim nearly to have had 6.

What gives? Were you over your limit?

Last edited by 10Glocks; 10/25/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hmmmmm........... 🤔

Luuuuuuutherrrrrr !!!!! Choo got some 'splaining to doooooo !!!!!

😁😁😁😁

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well maybe 5 is the new 3.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
😂😂😂😂😂

6 if you're into crippling turkeys.

3.......... 5......... 6.......... I'm still trying to figure out what would drive one person (legal or not) to want to tap the resource that hard ??

Disrespect for the birds ?? Ego ?? Greed ??

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 10Glocks

This is an interesting photo, LFC. One that begs several questions, not the least of which is were 5 turkeys really legal? When you originally posted this photo, you said the following:

Originally Posted by LFC
...this was an all day solo hunt in Dickson County Tennessee...all legal two different breaks. Shot 2 on the morning hunt...I should've had 6 legal birds but one got up and flew on the morning hunt.

Tennessee's 2009 fall turkey regulations are still online.

https://publications.tnsosfiles.com/pub/proclamations/06-06-09.pdf

2009 Tennessee Fal Turkey Regulations:

Section V. 2009 Fall Turkey Hunting (Shotgun/Archery)
The following counties are open for archery only fall turkey hunting during fall archery only deer
seasons. Bag limit for this season is one turkey either-sex. These same counties are open for one
quota gun fall turkey hunt on Dec 7-18,2009 with a bag limit of one turkey either-sex per permit
with the exception that those counties indicated by an asterisk (*) have a bag limit of three (3)
either-sex turkeys per permit.

Dickson has an asterick so the fall bag limit was three. So, at most, according to this 2009 regulation, you could have taken one fall turkey by bow during the fall deer archery season, and three by gun in Dickson County with a quota hunt permit. That's 4 total. But you have 5, all by gun, all on the same day, and claim nearly to have had 6.

What gives? Were you over your limit?

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Hum a na
Hum a na
Hum a na

Limit.....

Hum a na
Hum a na
Hum a na

Means and Methods....

🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by renegade50; 10/25/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
😂😂😂😂😂

3.......... 5......... 6.......... I'm still trying to figure out what would drive one person (legal or not) to want to tap the resource that hard ??

He claims to have shot over 30 in one year on the small game forum. Quite a feat.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
😂😂😂😂😂

Game pig... talk and bragging among his peezo,s.....

Probably throwing out cracked corn and black oil sunflower seed baiting the fuuuk outta birds.

Paul Harvey rest of the story schit behind the "success".

Bet he baits the schit outta deer also.
Shoot house corn pile type of schit on private land.

Plenty of TN hunters dont know anything else....
It's a family tradition here.....

Woods saavy and Woods skills failure to launch types.
Have seen it all over 3 decades being here in Tn.
Not all, but a large % of "hunters" here are merely bait shooters....

And the Wardens here are total POS,s as a whole also.
They don't do schit except look for excuses to not do their job.
And try to blame you thru innuendo for reporting schit to them.
An inconvenience to them is the general feel you get for them having to do their job....
Then throw in they dont wanna be seen as bad guys among the good ole boys doing all the schit in the counties they are assigned too, which I have heard directly from Wardens here many times FTF when interacting with them on fuuuked up schit calls to them or encounters out in the field.
It's pointless to even deal with them on anything...

And your average bait bubba in Tn knows all of this also..
And their chances of ever being caught let alone charged with anything is soooo remote they exploit it to the max.

All in a "no bait state" where corn sales skyrocket across the state this time of year....

Last edited by renegade50; 10/25/22.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by blairvt
I've been using 20 year old Winchester Super X magnum #6's for years. Kills them now just like when my Dad bought them. I'd try TSS but have never seen them in a 2 3/4", and don't feel they are really necessary.
Actually, me too. I happened to be in Wal-Mart years ago when they had them on clearance for I think 2.97 a box. Bought all they had and been using them ever since.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
T
No explaining necessary…what was posted above regarding the regulations is not quite how it worked…. Below is how it really worked. In places like Dickson County it wasn’t difficult to get the max of 5 permits. It was also very close to Ft. Campbell which had a fairly liberal fall bag limit and if memory serves me correctly there wasn’t a bag limit for what they called the winter season. Whether you agree or disagree, you could kill a pile of them back then. With a dog as good as Buster was he sure as hell didn’t need corn.

SPECIAL SEASONS LEFTOVER PERMIT INFORMATION:
1. Beginning Sept. 16, 2009, at 8 a.m., CDT, any quotas lefts unfilled will be considered leftover permits.
2. Individuals may obtain up to five (5) permits for deer and five (5) permits for turkey per person. Individuals may obtain more than one (1) permit for the same hunt and in any combination of deer and turkey choices. Leftover permits will be available until Dec. 27, 2009, and can be purchased at any TWRA license agent, at any TWRA regional office, or online at www.tnwildlife.org as described above.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Okay. But 5 turkeys in one day is overkill. And "more than 30" in one year is downright abusive, if that occrred at all.

If you can post a link to the information you posted on behalf of LFC, that would appreciated.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Who baited whO this time....I cOtched four post destroyers is that a record Dean ?

First came the non turkey killing X'spurt 10glocks followed up by the phony Yoder409....then Pullit who is still offended by my comments on Tss....

Where does Renegade50 fit in ?

As I recall the limit then was 6 per day and the most left over tags I had during this time was 42 for Dickson and Montgomery county Tn.

This was an all day hunt....no blinds, decoys, bait or sacks for the dog involved...the last 3 were killed after a second flush/break 1/2 to 3/4 mile from the first 2 birds.

This hunt was a few miles east of Charlottesville Tn. on land I had never sat foot on.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only thing you demostrated is a complete lack of ethics. Mr "More than 30 turkeys in one year.." By the way, was it more or less than 30? You've claimed both. Hard to keep your lies straight.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by LFC
Who baited whO this time....I cOtched four post destroyers is that record Dean ?

First came the non turkey killing X'spurt 10glocks followed up by the phony Yoder409....then Pullit who is still offended by my comments on Tss....

Where does Renegade50 fit in ?

As I recall the limit then was 6 per day and the most left over tags I had during this time was 42 for Dickson and Montgomery county Tn.
This was an all day hunt there was no blinds, decoys, bait or sacks for the dog involved...the last 3 were killed 1/2 to 3/4 mile from the first 2 birds.

I fit in to aggravate you.
👍👍👍

Hey that cred/cya sockpuppet you made to bounce off of is pretty obvious just from it's post history.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Remington 870 will only shoot 2 3/4" shells. It's an early 1970's model. It kills gobblers just fine & I'm not handicapped in anyway because it can't use 3". I've killed them with all the Big 3 shells. My favorite was the Activ Penetrator shells. They were made in WV but they went out of business. I really don't have a favorite. In today's market I use what I can find. Right now I'm using some old Super X 1 1/4 oz #4's Red & Yellow box Winchesters------old duck loads that someone gave me

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Would that make you Yoder409s bOy ?

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The only thing you demostrated is a complete lack of ethics. Mr "More than 30 turkeys in one year.." By the way, was it more or less than 30? You've claimed both. Hard to keep your lies straight.

You need to stop calling me a liar or next year when I come back to Powhatan Virginia I'm going to look you up and get a picture of my foot on yer neck.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
How can I be his boy if I'm his sockpuppet like you was thinking a couple of days ago???
🥴🥴🥴
Wouldn't I be the same person then🤔🤔🤔

I am pretty confused now with your entire thought process.
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

Toodles Zippy....

🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by LFC

You need to stop calling me a liar or next year when I come back to Powhatan Virginia I'm going to look you up and get picture of my foot on yer neck.

Nice......

For posterity......
Cant ghost it now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC

You need to stop calling me a liar or next year when I come back to Powhatan Virginia I'm going to look you up and get picture of my foot on yer neck.

I invited you to hunt with me before I found out you were a douche and you declined. Offer still stands, despite the fact you're a douche. Or maybe you don't want me seeing you baiting turkeys. And your foot on my neck? You're a little guy. You don't intimidate me.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
No ghosts around here

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by LFC
No ghosts around here
You obviously don't comprehend ....

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Do I look little to you ?

Why would I hunt with a guy that never kills anything ?

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You're a little guy. You don't intimidate me.

It was a promise....not meant to intimidate you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So you are threatening me. Nice, indeed. For some reason, you still don't frighten me. Post what you look like now, tubby.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
T

I’m not posting on behalf of LFC, just wanted to get the facts out there since I lived and hunted in TN during that time frame and knew there was more to the rules. Philosophical question - is it unethical if it’s legal, the TWRA biologists set the limits based on what they saw as sustainable and maybe even to manage flock size to prevent spread of disease (I don’t know so speculating), and all the turkeys killed are being eaten? Clearly they weren’t being over hunted because quota permits went unpurchased. Is unethical and any different to shoot numerous does to cull a deer herd? Maybe we should start a new post since we’ve gotten on a tangent and hi-jacked someone else’s with all of this.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
So you are threatening me. Nice, indeed. For some reason, you still don't frighten me. Post what you look like now, tubby.
There is a difference between a threat and a promise....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gotcha, douchebag.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC

And fairly outta shape too.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by LFC
You're a little guy. You don't intimidate me.

It was a promise....not meant to intimidate you.

Posterity again.
👍👍👍

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by LFC
Posterity again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC

Careful, Glocks............. It's a PROMISE, now................

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by LFC

Looks about 5' 6" 5' 8"
And a old pic...
10 15 plus yrs ago???

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's the Adonis now. Please listen to it with the sound off. With his calling skills, no wonder he needed a dog to hunt turkeys for him.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There's a difference between "mean" and "crotchety"............

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by LFC

Looks about 5' 6" 5' 8"
And a old pic...
10 15 plus yrs ago???

A old azz man in that vid.
How old is that vid now????

Go figure....

What a waste of time interacting...

Now I feel like I been picking on my senile grandfather on the french side of the family up in Maine .

Which wasnt necessarily a bad thing to do when his cantankerous old azz needed it at times...

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

WTF?????

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Here's the Adonis now. Please listen to it with the sound off. With his calling skills, no wonder he needed a dog to hunt turkeys for him.

WTF?????

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

WTF?????

We ALL been asking the SAAAAAME QUESTION................

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
For the record, I am not pissed about the TSS comments LFC.
I just saw how you demanded that Yoder tell you about who he paid him, and how you got pissed when Glocks called you out. I wanted to see if you would apologize to me when you were wrong about me. Like most things, you failed the test.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Dude got some wide eyeball spacing .

Looking at people like that fuuuks me up.
Always has.
Like have to change the channel cause the fly covered sally struthers kids commercial comes on.
The cleft pallet central American kids do it to me also.
A revulsion type of reaction for me.

Not normal.
Almost fetal alcohol or downes like in ways to me.

We would usually nickname Joe's that had wide eyeball spacing like that in the Army.
Walleye..

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😳😳😄😄😄

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
be careful Reney, he hunts up your way and will want to stand on your neck too

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pullit
be careful Reney, he hunts up your way and will want to stand on your neck too

TFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin

You gotta be able to lift your foot up at least 8 inches to get it on a guy's neck........ I ain't so sure.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
This schit is creeping me out.

I cant deal with outside the norm physical appearance things.
Has always fugged with my mind my entire life.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't handle schit like that.
It leaves a image in my mind of schit just ain't right with people with physical maladies.

And believe me I have seen many examples worldwide is all I gotta say.
Too many actually....

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I'm tapping out of this schit.

You all do what ya gotta do.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
[u))l=https://postimg.cc/XXnMnj0p][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/url]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Waiting.......

Talk about wild eYed....lol

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Your spin attempt is rather pathetic.
Grasping at straws....
And your response to it tells me I hit the core in you.

Your appearance old man ain't normal.
It never has been since you was born.
And you know it....

It is obvious per that vid clip hearing your over compensation personality and voice tone wise per your physical appearance it has been your method to overcome your appearance since early childhood.
Not uncommon at all..

Have seen it many times on the planet with people with physical out of the norm appearance,s compensating thru personality either positively or negatively to overcome it.

You went the negative route unfortunately and it will always alienate people.

I would have felt sorry for you momentarily if you was a younger person with your appearance and moved on.

But with you being a mouthy prick.
A old man on top of that.
And having your eyes set so far apart.

And knowing all that now after seeing that pic then that clip today.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😬😬😬

It just creeps me the fuuuuk out honestly.
The mind picture of you is pretty fuuuked now.

In ancient societies you would not have been alive beyond the 1st day of being born honestly...
You would have been flung off a cliff.
Or possibly been giving 1 chance to live by not being eaten out in the woods by a predator for 1 day and night wrapped in a blanket and put in a basket.

About all I got to say to you AFAIC......

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I was thinking the same thing when I saw you're wild eYed picture....

My first thought when I saw your picture was look at this Space Cadet....lol

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Ok...
Whatever you wanta spin...
🥴🥴🥴

I get your means and method to deal with your issue thru personality due to your appearance.

Repulsion is a weakness I have for people who look out of the norm to me.
Advoidance is my method to put the mind picture away of such people to me.
I just dont wanta see it or remember it....

I will never overcome that repulsed feeling of physical defects in people.

I will no longer acknowledge you no matter how hard you try after this post.
Take it as a win if you want AFAIC now.

Their is one other person on this site that had the same effect on me after I seen a picture of him on here about 3 yrs ago.

Simpleton is what it screamed in my head.
And I need to bail on this impression fast.
It ain't right and I can't be cruel because of it.

Others continually pile on him to this day.
I cant since seeing that pic.

Do whatever you do.
And others can act however they want too you giving x situation or circumstance in the dynamics of dealing with you in how you carry, present yourself, and interact with others on here.

I dont care no more, and want no part of any of it.

Goodbye LFC....

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Alright then good luck on your internet jOurney.....Space Cadet Renegade

Just remember whOz in yer head.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Would ya look at the head on THAT ???? 😳😬😳

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I bet you dream about me at night Donny Stark.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Haha !!! Ummmmm.......... No.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
🤣🤣🤣😎🤣🤣🤣

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC

Yep...

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by LFC

Last thing to address with you since you wanta get in your little innuendo bullschit..
You obviously have limited comprehension of what I said this morning and why....

Uh huh your in my head....
You are a moron...

Why the sunglasses in a 10 yr old pic covering up your eyes???
Cause you know they are fuuuked up looking and not normal.
That's why the sunglasses....

Picture me as Max in this clip.
And this was my reaction earlier today of the 1st time seeing a pic of you and then seeing the clip of you as a 70 plus yr old man.

This is the best analogy of my reaction and revulsion of seeing you...
And why I want nothing to do with you...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 1Longbow
This was the original post. What does any of this have to do with that?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
TFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC

You just LOVE saying my name, don't ya little buddy ???

You wanna be me SOOOOOOOOOOOO FUGGIN' BAAAAAAD !!!!!!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LFC

Nope, you look average.

But you’re feet are either swollen like a pigs ass from the beetus, or you loaned out your boot strings for a kids kite.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Unreal

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by LFC

Nope, you look average.

But you’re feet are either swollen like a pigs ass from the beetus, or you loaned out your boot strings for a kids kite.

🦫
I think he just didn't tie his boots. His eyes are kinda far apart though. But then there's a lot of goofy lookin fuggers here that ain't got much room to talk.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC

Last thing to address with you since you wanta get in your little innuendo bullschit..
You obviously have limited comprehension of what I said this morning and why....

Uh huh your in my head....
You are a moron...

Why the sunglasses in a 10 yr old pic covering up your eyes???
Cause you know they are fuuuked up looking and not normal.
That's why the sunglasses....

Picture me as Max in this clip.
And this was my reaction earlier today of the 1st time seeing a pic of you and then seeing the clip of you as a 70 plus yr old man.

This is the best analogy of my reaction and revulsion of seeing you...
And why I want nothing to do with you...

Awe come on Sweety Pie don't leave me like this you know you want it....I'm still a few years away from 70 what you pushing 65 ?

I took this picture this past spring during turkey season the sun was out so I had sun glasses on.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC

Waiting.......

Talk about f'd up looking....zoom in on those wild eyes.

They have that mogoloid look about them....

Hunting tip.....I'd loose the face mask just maybe you'd kill something.....

Ugly it to death....be careful not to kill over the limit.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by LFC

Waiting.......

Talk about f'd up looking....zoom in on those wild eyes.

They have that mogoloid look about them....

Hunting tip.....I'd loose the face mask just maybe you'd kill something.....

Ugly it to death....be careful not to kill over the limit.

What hapopens if we zoom in on yours?

OH SHYT!

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Do the world a favor and go suck your Glock....

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Luther is being such a flirt tonight.
LOL

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
LOL, I love you man, I really do.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
LOL, I love you man, I really do.

What you two girls got going with all this gay porn talk....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Raferman
Luther is being such a flirt tonight.
LOL

All horned up. 🥒

Not sure who chubs him more ?? Me (and saying my name) ?? Glocks (And Luther's penchant for oral sex references) ?? Renegade (Who just MAY have more residency in Luther's cramped little head than me) ??

🤔

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Man, what would you do without me and Yoder? LOL.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Him sucking his glock has nothing to do with sex....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Man, what would you do without me and Yoder? LOL.

I'd have to do double shifts babysitting our favorite little troll.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC

You are a violent little man. WHAT are they putting in the water in Memphis these days?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC

You are a violent little man. WHAT are they putting in the water in Memphis these days?

Not enough lithium............... THAT'S for sure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1Longbow
This was the original post. What does any of this have to do with that?
Some can't ignore a troll.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Go to page one and you can see who the trolls are.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Okay. But 5 turkeys in one day is overkill. And "more than 30" in one year is downright abusive, if that occrred at all.

If you can post a link to the information you posted on behalf of LFC, that would appreciated.

Since you asked…

https://www.tn.gov/news/2009/8/12/t...ial-season-deer-and-fall-turkey-quo.html

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LFC

If you could still see your pecker, you'd have noticed someone stole your shoe laces.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Shewww....those were a pair of Danner Acadia boots I had put zippers in.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back to 2 3/4" rounds:

Go into the woods with shell loops full of these and you can hunt any small game, birds or turkey. A 2 3/4" shell with a healthy load of #6 at a high velocity is as versatile a shot shell as there is. Never knew a 3 1/2 inch was necessary when I was hunting with my New Haven 600 with a C-lect choke back in the late 70s and 80s.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Little late for that ain't it Glocksucker....

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
ya'll meet for a beer. Be interesting to see if any one of you would talk to each other this way when you have the chance to get your teeth knocked out. I'm guessing not.
Other wise STFU. Nothing worse than keyboard cowards, and this place stinks of them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ya'll meet for a beer. Be interesting to see if any one of you would talk to each other this way when you have the chance to get your teeth knocked out. I'm guessing not.
Other wise STFU. Nothing worse than keyboard cowards, and this place stinks of them.

I'm in 100% agreement.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back to 2 3/4" rounds:

Go into the woods with shell loops full of these and you can hunt any small game, birds or turkey. A 2 3/4" shell with a healthy load of #6 at a high velocity is as versatile a shot shell as there is. Never knew a 3 1/2 inch was necessary when I was hunting with my New Haven 600 with a C-lect choke back in the late 70s and 80s.

Lotta truth to this.

But, I think I'd go a little more payload in a 12 gauge and a little less velocity. Standard, non-plated lead deforms pretty badly on launch. The faster you drive it, the worse it deforms. The worse it deforms.......the more flyers you'll get and the worse your pattern density becomes. For all reasonable turkey shooting distances, it doesn't make a bit of difference (penetration-wise) whether the shot started at 1330 fps or 1100 fps. But it most likely WILL matter in your pattern.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Back to 2 3/4" rounds:

Lotta truth to this.

But, I think I'd go a little more payload in a 12 gauge and a little less velocity. Standard, non-plated lead deforms pretty badly on launch. The faster you drive it, the worse it deforms. The worse it deforms.......the more flyers you'll get and the worse your pattern density becomes. For all reasonable turkey shooting distances, it doesn't make a bit of difference (penetration-wise) whether the shot started at 1330 fps or 1100 fps. But it most likely WILL matter in your pattern.
I agree on the high velocity being unnecessary and even detrimental. Which is why my most used, all around 12 gauge load is the old 3 1/4 dram eq. 1 1/4 oz. 1220 fps. "low brass" load. Wal-Mart carries them in the Federal "heavy field load" and they are my mixed bag fall loads for everything upland. Rabbits, squirrels, turkeys, grouse, pheasant. If I'm hunting specifically for turkeys I'll use the magnum loads but I've killed a bunch of fall turkeys with those heavy field loads when I ran across them while hunting for other game.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All boils down to a space where a guy can safely shoot 40 yards or so and a $15 roll of 36" contractor's paper from Lowe's (enough to last most people 2 lifetimes).

Pattern density is EVERYTHING. Know what you're working with...........know where your limits are...........you won't be disappointed when you squeeze the trigger on a turkey.

🦃

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Pattern density is EVERYTHING. Know what you're working with...........know where your limits are....

That about sums it up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back to 2 3/4" rounds:

Lotta truth to this.

Good advice.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If the gun is a fixed choke (no tubes) then you'll (likely) be best served with the Winchester Longbeard XR (or Rooster XR like LFC said........ I've not patterned those myself) OR a Federal shell with the Flite Control wad.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe I missed it in all the fighting, but was TSS shot ruled out? A 12G 2 3/4" load of #7 or 9 TSS seems like the ultimate 2 3/4" turkey load.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Yoder did on page 1

Last edited by pullit; 10/26/22.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got it, thanks.

Browning and Remington don't load it into a 2 3/4" shell either.

BTW, if you need TSS for next spring, I am seeing a metric shytload of TSS loads on the shelves right now. Particularly Browning brand. It's everywhere around here.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 10/26/22.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Never shoot anything longer than 2 3/4" shotgun ammo.
I'm a recoil weenie.
Also, whether 12 gauge or 16 gauge, I shoot #8's. Number 9's if i can find them in "Hi Velocity".
It only takes one pellet to the brain or CNS to anchor a bird.
I want to put as much lead as possible down range!

YMMV!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Nitro Company offers 2 3/4" 12 gauge shells in both TSS and Hevi Shot. Just be prepared for the Nitro sticker shock..........

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If you can find what works in your gun, now is the time to buy. I see it every years, guys wait too late to buy their ammo and can't find it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you can find what works in your gun, now is the time to buy. I see it every years, guys wait too late to buy their ammo and can't find it.

Yep.

Beyond the day-to-day ammo shortage.........the specialized loads (like turkey loads) are "seasonal runs". Generally one batch manufactured per year and that's that.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Filled my fall tag this afternoon with one of those Federal heavy field loads. One shot and all done but for the floppin. 35 yards give or take.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Filled my fall tag this afternoon with one of those Federal heavy field loads. One shot and all done but for the floppin. 35 yards give or take.

Atta boy !!!!!!!!!!

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks Yoder. That's about my 15th fall bird off that same oak ridge. Now I've got 7 deer tags to fill over the next few weeks and with the price of meat I intend to fill them all. Killed six last season and we're down to just a few packages left so just in time.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Yoder. That's about my 15th fall bird off that same oak ridge. Now I've got 7 deer tags to fill over the next few weeks and with the price of meat I intend to fill them all. Killed six last season and we're down to just a few packages left so just in time.

I listened to a flock of 10-12 from the roost through flydown and work 3 hours up the ridge this morning. Our season comes in Saturday. But I'll be hunting deer if I'm out. I absolutely LOVE to listen to 3 hours of turkeys just going about turkey life. Don't matter HOW LONG you've been hunting these things...........there's ALWAYS a learning opportunity.

You ever can any of your venison ??? It's my favorite way to eat it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Nope, never tried canning it but my wife says she wants to try and asked me to get her a pressure cooker for Christmas.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Canned deer meat is some nasty tasting chit...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LFC
Posterity again.

Bag on some for not posting pics.
Bag on others for the pics they post.

The hall monitor gig really has you chubbed up. Seems like you got something eating on you,though.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nope, never tried canning it but my wife says she wants to try and asked me to get her a pressure cooker for Christmas.

I've got a Presto 23 quart.............which, ironically, only does 7 quart jars at a time. But that's pretty standard.

The entire process is about as easy as it gets. Takes about 20 minutes to get 7 jars of meat ready to go in and 90 minutes at heat & pressure. If you want my method, hit me up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You ever can any of your venison ??? It's my favorite way to eat it.

Never ate canned venison but my sister in law jars wild turkey meat. I guess its the same principal. If you don't break the seal after jarring, it will last fpr a couple of year unrefrigerated. There's not a big taste difference between jarred and fresh. She'll occassionally make a pot pie and it's always pretty good.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It's a known fact that Yankees have screwed up taste buds....never heard of anyone from the South canning
deer meat or any other kind of meat and we canned most everything.

I've tasted canned venison this Yankee brought a jar hunting with him it was some nasty tasting chit.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Blackheart, congrats on your fall bird

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LFC

I'm not going to intentionally get into this argument, but I went to see some Mennonite neighbors years ago, and they happened to be eating supper. They were all sitting around the table, and there was a pail of fresh cows milk, a plate of bread, a huge bowl of mac and cheese, and the worst smelling meat I've ever smelled. They offered to set a place at the table for me, but the smell was so bad that I had to go outside and wait for them to finish eating

The meat was canned deer meat. I do not know if it all smells that way, and it could have been just that particular jar, but the smell has awful. I've eaten a lot of canned pork, and love it, so I'm certainly don't find canned meat objectionable.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by LFC

I'm not going to intentionally get into this argument, but I went to see some Mennonite neighbors years ago, and they happened to be eating supper. They were all sitting around the table, and there was a pail of fresh cows milk, a plate of bread, a huge bowl of mac and cheese, and the worst smelling meat I've ever smelled. They offered to set a place at the table for me, but the smell was so bad that I had to go outside and wait for them to finish eating

The meat was canned deer meat. I do not know if it all smells that way, and it could have been just that particular jar, but the smell has awful. I've eaten a lot of canned pork, and love it, so I'm certainly don't find canned meat objectionable.

Not sure how they canned it. But I've never had anyone not ask for seconds......

Mrs takes the canned venison and makes a gravy with it. Put it over rice or noodles. FANTASTIC !!

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

I've got a Presto 23 quart.............which, ironically, only does 7 quart jars at a time. But that's pretty standard.

The entire process is about as easy as it gets. Takes about 20 minutes to get 7 jars of meat ready to go in and 90 minutes at heat & pressure. If you want my method, hit me up.
Thanks for the offer. I may need some advice on this after Christmas. For now I have a couple questions. First, can we can meat that's already been frozen ? And second, can you add flavoring/seasoning of any kind when you can it ?

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Yankees like the smell of chit....

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Blackheart, congrats on your fall bird
Thank you pullit. This bird had a 7 1/4" beard, 7/8" spurs and weighed 19 lbs. 4 oz.. There were five of them together and they all looked about the same to me. I killed one on that same ridge last fall no more than 75 yards from where I killed this one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Thanks for the offer. I may need some advice on this after Christmas. For now I have a couple questions. First, can we can meat that's already been frozen ? And second, can you add flavoring/seasoning of any kind when you can it ?

I'll shoot you a PM.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You, apparently, don't know me very well.

It's OK. You're forgiven.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Over the years I've canned lots of meat.....deer, wild turkey, chicken, beef. It's all tasty if prepared properly. That Amish story is funny. I've got some Amish friends that are into bear hunting. They gave me some bear bologna one time. It tasted horrible. They may have "aged" their meat a bit too long. At least that was what my Yankee taste buds said.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You, apparently, don't know me very well.

It's OK. You're forgiven.

I think a lot of people vastly underestimate others and there are more than a few that would say it in person, and many who claim would "knock a guy out if they said it to me" would be surprised to find their own asses handed to them. Not all that talk do so because they can't throw hands. Often, IME it's because they CAN throw hands.

Me

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Donny Stark was a bad son of a gun growing up in his gilded world.....

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
Over the years I've canned lots of meat.....deer, wild turkey, chicken, beef. It's all tasty if prepared properly. That Amish story is funny. I've got some Amish friends that are into bear hunting. They gave me some bear bologna one time. It tasted horrible. They may have "aged" their meat a bit too long. At least that was what my Yankee taste buds said.

Here's another Amish "deer story". I was a rural mail carrier, and an Amish farmer on my mail route begin processing deer at his farm. I had stopped at his house delivering a package when a truck pulling a trailer with at least a dozen dead deer pulled in to his place. This was probably 4-5 days after the opening of the deer season, and from the looks of some of those deer, I'd say most had been killed on opening day. The temps were warm, and had been for some time.

Being a deer hunter myself, I was curious if there were any good bucks in the bunch, so I hung around a bit so I could see. I didn't get out of my vehicle, but could smell the deer and could tell that some were in the "ripe" category. I'd say they were overly aged, and knowing the Amish as I do, I'd also say that they processed every one of those deer.

Over the years, the Amish and the Mennonites on my mail route gave me a lot of food during the Christmas season. I gave every bit of it away, or tossed it. The Bible says that cleanliness is next to Godliness...............but that must not be in the Bible that those people read, as their definition of clean and mine are entirely different.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Being half yankee and half rebel, I tend to like it all. Gimme some scrappel for breakfast and some chicken and dumplings for dinner and I'm a happy man.

Being from Pa, I damned well Yoder is a scrappel eater.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 10/29/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Wrong !!!! 🤣🤣🤣

I can't even LOOK at that stuff. 🤮

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You ain't no Yankee! My dad and his family are from Pennsylvania. He introduced my mom's side to scrappel. My mom and her family are from South Carolina and Arkansas. They introdcuied my dad's side to collard greens and putting hog jowl in everything.

Best of both worlds!

My suggestion - get some scrappel, the white stuff, and fry it up with some eggs, then eat it with pancakes and real maple syrup. Holy friggin moly, you will become a convert.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Wrong !!!! 🤣🤣🤣

LOL, me neither ! I also don't eat possum, pigs feet, hog jowls, ocra, brains, grits, tripe and a whole list of other shyt Southerners think is food.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Wrong !!!! 🤣🤣🤣

LOL, me neither ! I also don't eat possum, pigs feet, hog jowls, ocra, brains, grits, tripe and a whole list of other shyt Southerners think is food.

Some of that is black folks food. We don't eat possum, pigs feet, brains, tripe or chitlins. (Though I've had chitlins (aka [bleep] lins) with hot sauce and it's actually not bad.)

We do eat hog jowl, grits, fried chicken livers and gizzards, and a whole list of other wholesome foods.

By the way, brains has the distinction of being like one the highest cholesterol containing foods there is (though it doesn't appear to mattert that much, and is appartently good for your own brain). Pork brains has something like over 1,000% the daily recommended allowance of cholesterol. I have a black friend at work whose dad eats it multiple times a week for breakfast, fried with eggs. That old man is in his 90s and is fit, drives, and has all his faculties.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 10/29/22.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I always heard possum and sweet taters was a southern po folks dish. I shot one once many years ago with the idea of giving it a try but just couldn't go through with eating the ugly rat tailed bastard. Likewise the only people I ever heard of eating brains were from the South. I don't have much experience with black folks or what they eat as the County I live in is 98.6% white. They seem to mainly be creatures of the bigger cities up here and I avoid going to those whenever possible, which is almost always.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
guy that worked for me years ago told me "souce is the best part of the pig". I told him. he could have all my souce and I would take his ribs, bacon, pork chops as an even swap

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Eat everything but the squeal…. I believe is how the saying goes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There used to be a country store in Charles City County, Virginia called Adkins Store. It may still exist. Back in the 70s and 80s, it was a game check station in additon to a country grocery store. It was owned and run by a black dude and he stocked the weirdest stuff. You could buy pig snouts in there. Country black folk made soup out of them. I remember walking through that store as a kid and it was like an anatomy lesson on swine. They ate every part of it.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Rick Shaw has it right. Our ancestors always said the only thing that wasn’t edible on a hog was it’s squeal!!

Last edited by MadDog4298; 10/29/22.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Silly me always throwing away perfectly good guts, nuts, peckers, heads, and ass holes of a critter.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
Eat everything but the squeal…. I believe is how the saying goes.

My black friend used to say about hogs "we eat them from the rooty to the tooty"

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

719 members (160user, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 163bc, 10ring1, 007FJ, 83 invisible), 2,567 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,728
Posts18,494,782
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.