Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I wonder how many of the bicyclists who, when are driving behind a tractor or combine raise hell about having to go slow??

If you want to get a bicyclist going, ask them how they feel about pedestrians on park trails (with no bike lanes).

And then, when motorists complain about bicyclists clogging up the roads, those same bicyclists are all like”Hey!! I got rights!! I’m exercising here!!”...
Or about the Prarie apples horses leave on the bike trail.

The Katy Trail runs through my AO and a lot of people ride horses/mules on the trail.

Every time I cross it and see the gifts the horses leave behind I chuckle.

Kind of a pizzer, that trail is. The last time a train ran the tracks was the late 70s/early 80s. They sat abandoned and all grown up. Buds had stands along the old line and close to it. Once the govt decided to make a bike trail out of UT the hunting along the tracks started to suck.

Same goes for a pard that has a house with the trail in his back yard. House was built 10 years or so before the trail was a thing. Now he has minimal privacy in daylight most of the year. Cannot shoot there anymore either.

There are several stables right smack dam in the middle of the NOLA metro area where a multi-use path runs along the river. I frequently encounter riders and road apples there. I'll take that over the bum schidt that I have to occasionally dodge.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Recreating at 50mph slower than prevailing traffic is ridiculous. Maybe not subhuman, but definitely narcissistic.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Peloton for the win!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I am the OP. I used to ride bicycles a lot. One time, I rode a Peugot bicycle from Milledgeville Georgia to Steamboat Springs Colorado. That road through Rocky Mountain Park, at elevation 12,100 feet, the air is pretty thin. But by the time I got there I was in pretty good shape.

I now have an expensive Trek mountain bike and I love to ride it. But, to the hillbillies around here, riding a bicycle is not something an adult should do. This article struck me, these hillbillies view me as a cockroach. They zoom by, even with an open road, without crossing the yellow line, their mirror missing the bicyclist by inches. And I don't wear the spandex and the official helmet, I wear regular shorts and a baseball hat and a white Tshirt, and tennis shoes. I have a rear view mirror on the hat so I can see traffic coming up from behind, and I just pull over onto the shoulder. This is back roads only I wouldn't get near the US Highway.

No, I got tired of a 55 mph pickup rear view mirror missing me by inches and I gave up riding a few years ago. I settle for walking the roads with the Beagle.

In the early 2000s it was somewhat unusual to see cyclists riding the rural back roads of Harrison County MS. Over the years, bicycling became more popular and riders became a regular part of the landscape. Over time the rednecks simply got used to it, and interactions became much more favorable overall. I was a member of the Gulf Coast Bicycle Club and did group rides. We took a very cooperative approach with motorists. Seem to have set the stage for a good road sharing environment.

That ride from GA to CO sounds super cool!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Peloton for the win!

🦫
Unless that hot chick is standing in front of the Peloton,

than all you have to look it is pitchers on da skereen.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I had hotties like her on a bike in front of me, I’d never complain.

Alas, the riders I get stuck behind are either granny’s, or Butch chic’s who are riding with their squad of LGBTQ 🏳️‍🌈 activist.

🦫
I always get stuck behind grandpa with chicken legs and a boiler hanging over the seat.
Of course he is plastered with fake sponsors from head to toe on his way too tight spandex.
Bicycle spandex has to be the best marketing ever. "We'll charge you to wear our companies name all over you. Trust us you'll look cool to all the other bike [bleep]."

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Peloton for the win!

🦫

And hunters can simply play a hunting video game and go to the grocery store to buy meat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Peloton for the win!

🦫

Hot chick? Where?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by smokepole
LOL, somebody should start a thread on that........

Paul be all like “I just ride patiently behind them, and stare at their azz. Especially if they’re a Marine..”

Actually, I did start a thread on pedestrians on bike trails a while back but I had a little different slant on it. I ride on a 45-mile trail right near the house here and it gets a fair amount of foot traffic. Most of the walkers understand it's a multi-use trail with lots of bike traffic and stay over on the right side so it's easy to pass, no muss no fuss.

But there are a few that just can't wrap their head around such a complex concept and they really clog the trail and slow things down. And every one of them drove a vehicle to get to the trail.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
2 things a guy can learn from bike threads.

Old fuggs should give up their driver's license if they can't figure out how to drive around a bike.

Paul is the dumbest fugger on the fire for continuously biting on the bike thread bait.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here I am on my cross country trip in Rocky Mountain Park. The Trek I have today is a much better bike than that Peugot was, but I am scared to ride around here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Peloton for the win!

🦫

You have to have an imagination.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Exhibit B....Group of chic’s that couldn’t pull the hill without almost putting a foot down.

But I’m a patient driver. I just change into my birthday suit, roll down the window, and slowly pass them.

🦫

WTF Beav???

Good thing they were strung out in a long line and hugging the right hand side. That made them much easier to go around than if they had been in a tight side by side group.

On a curve with a DOUBLE Yellow................

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Dayum,
This thread has legs....errr wheels!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Peloton for the win!

🦫

And hunters can simply play a hunting video game and go to the grocery store to buy meat.

Now, you’re just being mean.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Muffin
Exhibit B....Group of chic’s that couldn’t pull the hill without almost putting a foot down.

But I’m a patient driver. I just change into my birthday suit, roll down the window, and slowly pass them.

🦫

WTF Beav???

Good thing they were strung out in a long line and hugging the right hand side. That made them much easier to go around than if they had been in a tight side by side group.

On a curve with a DOUBLE Yellow................

Oh, stop it Muffin.

Share the road, you bike hating ass-hole.

Lol

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raeford
Dayum,
This thread has legs....errr wheels!

Hold for a close up pic of Paul’s legs.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by losttrail60

Old fuggs should give up their driver's license if they can't figure out how to drive around a bike.

Paul is the dumbest fugger on the fire for continuously biting on the bike thread bait.

.....and you will block traffic chasing a dil-do thrown into the street.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by losttrail60

Remind us why it was that you changed usernames?

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I’m not sure what all the heavy weather is all about. I just complained about massive bike rides on two lane county roads that block traffic both ways for many miles. I never had any problems with solo or more riders if they do not impede traffic. The rides I was talking about actually commandeered the road claiming it for their single purpose and denying traffic.
Peace…

Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (aaronward9, 10gaugemag, 6mmbrfan, 6MMWASP, BigCreekRanger, 9 invisible), 1,546 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,555
Posts18,510,427
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.