Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pullit
What's the definition of impeding traffic?
Impeding traffic is typically defined when not operating a vehicle reasonably, so as to block the normal flow of traffic. It typically is used in cases where a person is blocking an intersection or driving too slow and causing a log jam.

Can you go slower than the speed limit?
Most state laws do not specify how far below the speed limit is legal. They leave that decision to the highway patrol officer, but a good rule of thumb is that it is illegal to drive at a speed so slow that you hold up the normal traffic flow. Going slow on a higher-speed freeway can increase the risk of a collision.Jun 30, 2020

How slow is too slow when driving?
On a road with one lane in each direction, going 10-mph is legal, but can impede the flow of traffic. If it's safe to do so, drive closer to the max speed limit. If you're driving so slow that a line of more than five cars has queued behind you, it's best to pull over to the shoulder and allow the drivers to pass you.Jun 30, 2020

Just FYI, google is your friend

As was posted earlier, this is TX impeding traffic law. What does google say would be an example of when reduced speed is in compliance with the law?

(a) An operator may not drive so slowly as to impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.

Perhaps a review of Selz V Trotwood would be useful to the discussion.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
So, on a road with a 40-45 mph posted speed limit, is going 10-15 or even 20 mph even CLOSE to going 75-80% of the posted limit?? Why don’t you just make it easy, and agree that it is not...

What is the magic speed under the limit at which it becomes impeding?

Operative words "in compliance with the law."

“Well, the average highway at 60, is 45. The highways at 75, are 60. That is a 20-25%. Are you aware of any roads, with a posted MINIMUM, that are 50-75% LESS than the maximum??”

Reading is fundamental.

(“when. a person drives a motor vehicle at such a slow speed as to impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic”...)

Texas law—“Persons riding two abreast on a laned roadway shall ride in a single lane. Persons riding two abreast may not impede the normal and reasonable flow of traffic on the roadway. Also note, bicyclists can't make passage of traffic "unreasonably inconvenient"”

Making passage of traffic “Unreasonably inconvenient”, WHILE RIDING A BICYCLE (not just in other vehicles)is not “in compliance with the law”...

Is having to pass bicyclists, going less than half the posted speed limit, to avoid getting rear-ended, on a winding road thst is marked solid yellow lines, “unreasonably inconvenient”??

If you aren't afraid to learn something that is counter to your beliefs read https://www.ohiobikelawyer.com/uncategorized/2010/02/trotwood-v-selz-a-great-victory-for-cyclist/ FWIW this is the norm when bicyclist obstructing traffic charges are litigated.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Fuque any pussy that doesn't have the emotional IQ to safely and courteously negotiate a law abiding bicyclist on the road.

It’s so strange that everyone hates bicyclists.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder how many of the bicyclists who, when are driving a motor vehicle behind a tractor or combine raise hell about having to go slow??

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 10/25/22.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Exhibit A....Geezer on a tricycle going 3 MPH

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Exhibit B....Group of chic’s that couldn’t pull the hill without almost putting a foot down.

But I’m a patient driver. I just have a birthday while I wait to safely pass them.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I wonder how many of the bicyclists who, when are driving behind a tractor or combine raise hell about having to go slow??

It didn't bother me at all.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Exhibit A....Geezer on a tricycle going 3 MPH

Exhibit B....Group of chic’s that couldn’t pull the hill without almost putting a foot down.

But I’m a patient driver. I just have a birthday while I wait to safely pass them.

🦫

How long were you hung up behind them?

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I wonder how many of the bicyclists who, when are driving behind a tractor or combine raise hell about having to go slow??

If you want to get a bicyclist going, ask them how they feel about pedestrians on park trails (with no bike lanes).

And then, when motorists complain about bicyclists clogging up the roads, those same bicyclists are all like”Hey!! I got rights!! I’m exercising here!!”...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

But I’m a patient driver. I just change into my birthday suit, roll down the window, and slowly pass them.

🦫

WTF Beav???

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

If you want to get a bicyclist going, ask them how they feel about pedestrians on park trails (with no bike lanes).

And then, when motorists complain about bicyclists clogging up the roads, those same bicyclists are all like”Hey!! I got rights!! I’m exercising here!!”...

LOL, somebody should start a thread on that........

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole

But I’m a patient driver. I just change into my birthday suit, roll down the window, and slowly pass them.

🦫

WTF Beav???

Good thing they were strung out in a long line and hugging the right hand side. That made them much easier to go around than if they had been in a tight side by side group.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

But I’m a patient driver. I just change into my birthday suit, roll down the window, throw my fat schlong out and slowly pass them.

🦫

WTF Beav???

Fixed

LOL

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

🦫

WTF Beav???

Good thing they were strung out in a long line and hugging the right hand side. That made them much easier to go around than if they had been in a tight side by side group.

But, but, Paul, it took them an hour to make that ‘steep’ grade.

JFC, watching them made me sweat!

🦫

“Molon Labe”
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Paul be all like “I just ride patiently behind them, and stare at their azz. Especially if they’re a Marine..”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I should have posted, when driving a motor vehicle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Or about the Prarie apples horses leave on the bike trail.

The Katy Trail runs through my AO and a lot of people ride horses/mules on the trail.

Every time I cross it and see the gifts the horses leave behind I chuckle.

Kind of a pizzer, that trail is. The last time a train ran the tracks was the late 70s/early 80s. They sat abandoned and all grown up. Buds had stands along the old line and close to it. Once the govt decided to make a bike trail out of UT the hunting along the tracks started to suck.

Same goes for a pard that has a house with the trail in his back yard. House was built 10 years or so before the trail was a thing. Now he has minimal privacy in daylight most of the year. Cannot shoot there anymore either.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Paul be all like “I just ride patiently behind them, and stare at their azz. Especially if they’re a Marine..”

I was trying to check out the guy on the bike in front of me, but he was too fast.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I should have posted, when driving a motor vehicle.

No big deal to me. It's part and parcel of living on this crowded planet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I had hotties like her on a bike in front of me, I’d never complain.

Alas, the riders I get stuck behind are either granny’s, or Butch chic’s who are riding with their squad of LGBTQ 🏳️‍🌈 activist.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I am the OP. I used to ride bicycles a lot. One time, I rode a Peugot bicycle from Milledgeville Georgia to Steamboat Springs Colorado. That road through Rocky Mountain Park, at elevation 12,100 feet, the air is pretty thin. But by the time I got there I was in pretty good shape.

I now have an expensive Trek mountain bike and I love to ride it. But, to the hillbillies around here, riding a bicycle is not something an adult should do. This article struck me, these hillbillies view me as a cockroach. They zoom by, even with an open road, without crossing the yellow line, their mirror missing the bicyclist by inches. And I don't wear the spandex and the official helmet, I wear regular shorts and a baseball hat and a white Tshirt, and tennis shoes. I have a rear view mirror on the hat so I can see traffic coming up from behind, and I just pull over onto the shoulder. This is back roads only I wouldn't get near the US Highway.

No, I got tired of a 55 mph pickup rear view mirror missing me by inches and I gave up riding a few years ago. I settle for walking the roads with the Beagle.

Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 63 invisible), 2,540 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,684
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.