Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I used to see that all the time when I drove the big rig. In my case, I was governed at 65, and a guy is passing me, he is governed at 65.2

It will take him 2 minutes to pass me and there will be 15 cars backed up behind him, cussing us out. This is on the flat interstate, I-10 in Texas speed limit 75.

My solution: When the passing truck got even with my rear bumper, I knocked off the cruise and slowed to 60 mph. Left lane guy passed me in ten seconds and got ahead of me in the right lane. Left lane clear for cars. And I lost 15 seconds of driving time. Gee, do that 8 times a day, and I have lost 2 minutes. Heartbreaking.

About half the truck drivers would be polite in the right lane, like I was, and the other half were a**holes. Or else just stupid hard to tell.

I wondered why those drivers that are in the right lane wouldn't lift off for a few seconds. Hell, if someone is slow passing me when I am driving an auto, I'll lift off.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So it appears the libatard, democrap, bicycle riding asshats at Google try to hide the stupid bike riders getting creamed in traffic videos.

Gotta watch them on YouTube and prove your old enough.

The really funny stuff is bicyclist vs bicyclist, who'd ever thought that'd be a dangerous combination?

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here I am on my cross country trip in Rocky Mountain Park. The Trek I have today is a much better bike than that Peugot was, but I am scared to ride around here.

Dude, that is some hardcore riding, those hills are nothing to sneeze at!

Yes the oxygen is thin there at 12,000 feet. Fortunately, I had 1,000 miles of "training" before I got to the Rockies.
Here I am crossing the Mississippi into Missouri. As you can see I stayed on the back, back roads. God knows I wasn't gonna try that I-40 bridge at Memphis.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Best threads on the fire.

Bicycle threads
Tire threads
Tulsi threads
You're right

this thread needs some wimmins:

The "other" Tulsi.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by losttrail60
Paul is the dumbest fugger on the fire for continuously biting on the bike thread bait.

LOL, you've got that exactly backwards. Captain Paul chums with the best of 'em, and then trolls right through the middle of the slick.

I wouldn't say I troll, because I am always willing to have a conversation with a willing member. I certainly don't capitulate, and I will sometimes do unto others as they do unto me. As you can see some are much better at dishing it out than taking it. They can't seem to figure out how I can have a completely civil, exchange of ideas with some members, but not them. It must be me, lol.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Used to have a ford pinto, bicyclists were blowing right past me

Romans 5:1
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Here I am on my cross country trip in Rocky Mountain Park. The Trek I have today is a much better bike than that Peugot was, but I am scared to ride around here.

Dude, that is some hardcore riding, those hills are nothing to sneeze at!

Yes the oxygen is thin there at 12,000 feet. Fortunately, I had 1,000 miles of "training" before I got to the Rockies.
Here I am crossing the Mississippi into Missouri. As you can see I stayed on the back, back roads. God knows I wasn't gonna try that I-40 bridge at Memphis.

That is friggin cool. When I go out to CO in the summer, it takes a while to find my lungs. Even then I can't do hard sprints. When I come back, I feel like I am supercharged for a few days.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Their goal is the gold.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by losttrail60
Paul is the dumbest fugger on the fire for continuously biting on the bike thread bait.

LOL, you've got that exactly backwards. Captain Paul chums with the best of 'em, and then trolls right through the middle of the slick.

I wouldn't say I troll........

LOL, that's right, your "Family Rituals" thread a while back was really serious stuff.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JeffA
So it appears the libatard, democrap, bicycle riding asshats at Google try to hide the stupid bike riders getting creamed in traffic videos.

Gotta watch them on YouTube and prove your old enough.

The really funny stuff is bicyclist vs bicyclist, who'd ever thought that'd be a dangerous combination?

Jeffa, you do have to admit they are 'fair'............. they're even azzhats to each other..............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Bycyclists are like dolphins. They're very smart,...when they're in the water.

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Another Paul troll thread!

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tesoro
Plus I have NO IDEA what pleasure these cross country bicyclists get pedaling on a road all day with trucks and cars passing them at 60mph 4 feet awa. I used to have a hot cummins powered 4x4 that could roll coal on demand. Used to give me some satisfaction.

Traffic brings no joy, could well ultimately prove fatal or crippling.

But crossing the continent on a bicycle? I’ve driven across on four wheels multiple times, which doesn’t compare with doing it on a motorcycle (I’ve been over most of the Lower 48 on motorcycles). Both of these pale in comparison to getting it done on a bicycle 😎

Strangely enough traversing parts of North America on a bicycle makes this place seem smaller, and you becoming intimately familiar with the landforms and the parts you rode.

Only had coal dumped on me once, along the Upper Missouri in Montana. I shot the guy the bird of course, now I’d just ignore it. Anyone who does that and just drives off is a pu$$y.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I drive about 30,000 miles a year, here to the Canadian border, here to Missouri, wherever. A lot of my driving is on two lane, rural roads but also in town here… I can only recall once in the last several years that I was held up a bit by cyclists. There was a large organized group on the two lane going to the gun club. Probably cost me five minutes.

I think there are some people on here who must lead miserable, unhappy lives. If they get so cranked up over something as innocuous as bicyclists how do they handle the kind of real problems many of us face daily? What can it be like for their wives (if they’re still married) having some having some whining complainer around all the time?

Of course, these threads also always bring out the Walter Mitty, Rambo in their own minds, badasses…always amusing…

Mathew 22: 37-39

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by cra1948
I drive about 30,000 miles a year, here to the Canadian border, here to Missouri, wherever. A lot of my driving is on two lane, rural roads but also in town here… I can only recall once in the last several years that I was held up a bit by cyclists. There was a large organized group on the two lane going to the gun club. Probably cost me five minutes.

I think there are some people on here who must lead miserable, unhappy lives. If they get so cranked up over something as innocuous as bicyclists how do they handle the kind of real problems many of us face daily? What can it be like for their wives (if they’re still married) having some having some whining complainer around all the time?

Of course, these threads also always bring out the Walter Mitty, Rambo in their own minds, badasses…always amusing…

Would it be different for you if it was every MONTH????

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Exhibit A....Geezer on a tricycle going 3 MPH

Exhibit B....Group of chic’s that couldn’t pull the hill without almost putting a foot down.

But I’m a patient driver. I just have a birthday while I wait to safely pass them.

🦫

How long were you hung up behind them?

11 months, 17 days, and a few hours.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Exhibit A....Geezer on a tricycle going 3 MPH

Exhibit B....Group of chic’s that couldn’t pull the hill without almost putting a foot down.

🦫

I wonder if they could pull a train.....

They could barely pull their own weight up that small hill.

Train?…..No F’N Way!

Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Then, in Iowa, there is RABRAI, once is enough.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cra1948

You are in deep schidt now.

Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1lessdog, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,618
Posts18,511,819
Members74,008
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.