Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I just pray the goofball never hunts again. We had a dyed-in-the-wool PA Yankee that transferred in to my workplace years ago. He talked a talked big about PA hunting, and how he hunted since he was a kid....blah,blah,blah... One day near deer gun season he started trying to get someone to invite him to hunt. during one of his big tales, he talked about how they would shoot at movement in the brush because no buck was going to get away from him. Needless to say, word got around and nobody invited him to hunt the entire time he was here. I guess he transferred because none of us darned hillbillies would take him deer hunting. Did I mention he was a cocky ladder climber as well?

Last edited by reivertom; 12/14/22.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
A azzhole from Pennsylvania who supposedly was a hunter safety instructor shot at a elk that was in front of me. He told the guide and me that "he saw me in the scope and knew he wouldn't hit me" I did end up shooting 2 nice bulls that day, well 2 raghorn 5x5's but nice for a Florida cracker.
You need to know what the he'll your shooting at and where the he'll they were standing when you shot.

Where were you hunting that allows 2 branch antlered bulls to be taken? Asking for a friend…..

Saw that as well but waiting for someone else to comment on that.

I doubt we get a reply…..
Why wouldn't I reply, it was one he'll of a hunt. We were herd shooting elk after a 7 hour horse back ride. Our two guides rode down to the fence line of a ranch that bordered BLM land that had alfalfa planted on it. They had 22lr pistols and would shoot and and holler every 5 or 10 minutes. The herd of 56 elk came my way like they were on a string. They were walking on the same trail that I had shot a 180 class mule deer on a hour earlier. The dickhead from Pennsylvania who was supposed to stay on the opposite side of the mountain heard my shot and came over to my side of the mountain. The elk were only 20 yards from me when he started shooting over my head with a 300. At that moment I said screw the elk and laid down and started yelling and cussing at the dumbazz. Once I got my shirt back together the fun began. I was definitely excited, shook up and pissed. I shot at the first bull and he just kept on running like I missed. Then I shot at the second bull and he never flinched. So I went back to the first bull and thought they must be running faster than I figured and I was shooting behind them. So I just put a little air in front of the lead bull and squeezed the trigger and down he went. At that moment I knew I had screwed up. There was 3 of us shooting at the bulls and I was the only one shooting Remington bronze points. And needless to say the guide found my little bronze point in the off side hide right behind the shoulder of the second bull I shot. One of the guys from Pennsylvania who was blasting away claimed the bull and everything worked out. My Dad and brother were hunting with me and would of claimed the other bull it there was any BS. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

One proud idiot!

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guilty

https://www.durangoherald.com/articles/jury-finds-morosko-guilty-in-fatal-hunting-incident/

A Cortez jury found muzzleloader hunter Ronald J. Morosko guilty Wednesday on charges of criminal negligent homicide and hunting in a careless manner in the death of bowhunter Gregory Gabrisch.

The jury of two men and 10 women reported it had reached a unanimous verdict at 3:40 p.m. after beginning deliberations at the end of the day Tuesday. The four-day trial began Thursday….

Last edited by huntsonora; 01/25/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dude is 67.

Kiss your retirement goodbye.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Dude is 67.

Maybe not. From the article linked above, the maximum sentence available is three years. Minimum is probation and a fine. Kind of surprising.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shooter should do time.

1Minute
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
An old soft white boy in gen pop in Kali east ? GOOD LUCK !

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TRexF16
Dude is 67.

Maybe not. From the article linked above, the maximum sentence available is three years. Minimum is probation and a fine. Kind of surprising.

I think he might get the maximum, which would not have happened if he'd just taken responsibility for what he did. He pretty much did the opposite and that will be taken into consideration.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by rost495
Interestingly I'll attempt to kill any badly wounded animal I see regardless of rules. Its call ethics. Sometimes ethics are above rules but you have to pay a price to be ethical.

I wholeheartedly agree and have been in that situation more than once.

+2

Duty not pleasure. A game warden quietly told me that I had done the right thing when we phoned him and he came and looked at the slowly dying, fatally wounded bull I had put down. I wonder if he would have said that and let me go if other cops had been around.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
yes he is guilty but he won`t get the max if the verdict is over ? this verdict could still get over turned ?

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by pete53
yes he is guilty but he won`t get the max if the verdict is over ? this verdict could still get over turned ?

Pete, the verdict is in and it's guilty. There's always the possibility he could appeal it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Was he sentenced?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Sako76
Was he sentenced?

Scheduled for March 31st.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Okanagan
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by rost495
Interestingly I'll attempt to kill any badly wounded animal I see regardless of rules. Its call ethics. Sometimes ethics are above rules but you have to pay a price to be ethical.

I wholeheartedly agree and have been in that situation more than once.

+2

Duty not pleasure. A game warden quietly told me that I had done the right thing when we phoned him and he came and looked at the slowly dying, fatally wounded bull I had put down. I wonder if he would have said that and let me go if other cops had been around.
Yes. No. Maybe. Moot point really. Do the right thing.

Cop refused to put down a deer with broken back legs a while back because she was on private property and no longer in the ditch.
GMAFB.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dude is 67.

I’m thinking more about the civil suit.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dude is 67.

+1

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dude is 67.

Yep usually that follows after the criminal

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Sako76
Was he sentenced?

Scheduled for March 31st.

SP--thanks!

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Dude is 67.

Usually limited to the homeowners policy.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

228 members (308ld, 44mc, 3333vl, 10gaugemag, 160user, 257 roberts, 26 invisible), 1,670 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,212
Posts18,503,923
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.