-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm surprised Blue Dot loads haven't caught on big time again.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by southtexas
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
All y'all probably gonna hate me when I tell you that I just took delivery yesterday of an 8 lb jug of H4350 for $120 bucks. With shipping and hazmat the total came to $193 bucks. I never get a deal!

and apparently you're not gonna share, with your good campfire buddies, what the source was!

I would, but it was a one shot deal. I really didn't need anymore, but figured I might be able to trade it off for primers.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have to drive an hour or more in any direction just to get to some place that has powder. By the time I get there and back and the cost of the gas, it is just about as cheap to shop on line and pay the fees. My problem is that they will have one maybe two of the powders I want and usually only one pound cans. They limit you to 2 cans or sometimes 1 so it really jacks up the price

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
What I'm doing these days given the new normal in prices is rebuilding stock in the 'ol reliables, but passing on trying anything new.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Puddle: Your sentiments match mine.
I am more than hesitant to try anything new with the uncertain supply chain these days (these years?) - let alone the ultra-steep prices.
My local gunshop got in an 8 pound jug of IMR 4831 SC and it did NOT last a day on the shelf!
It was priced at $46.00 a pound (no sales tax in Montana).
Hoping for better times for the reloader/shooter/Hunter.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since I have no way of knowing what retailers, local or online, pay for the stuff they sell, it’s pointless and silly to rag on them about their prices, especially the sales people who simply work there and have zero input about pricing. Shipping costs have gone up due to the skyrocketing price of diesel, ordinary store employees commonly start at $15 or more per hour, because that seems to be the level at which getting up to go to work makes economic sense. A lot of powder is made in Europe where inflation and energy prices are worse than here. Everything has gone up, so why should the stuff we buy for our fun be any different? There’s a thread here about the cost of fast food that ought to provide a clue.

I poke around on the web a good bit checking prices and availability. Things are easing a bit here and there, especially ammunition in common calibers. Decent .22s can be had for less than $4.00 a box if you look, a big change from none to be had at any price. Just now I saw some primers for $85 per K and Tac for $30. The primers are still high, but they’re there. Gotta look around, and jump on what you want when you see it. Bouncing around from store to store isn’t a good strategy right now.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don’t know if it is a fluke, or maybe a light at the end of the tunnel, but was thrilled to find Winchester small rifle primers at Sportsmen’s Warehouse the other day for $4.51 per sleeve.
I never thought I would see primers for less than $5 per 100 again! Limit was 2 per person, and I got the last two (for a buddy that prefers Winchester). I was stoked, and hoping this is the beginning of a trend!
They also have had Ramshot X-Terminator powder for $24.99 per pound on several occasions the past few weeks. I still prefer TAC, but for lighter bullets, in warm weather, X-Terminator works well enough, and beats the heck out of $52.95 per pound Benchmark.
(I readily admit Benchmark is far better in cold weather situations.)

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (160user, 22250rem, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,697
Posts18,475,205
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.