Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Bill_N Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Don't forget your pink and orange tape on your "hunting" trip....

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jill,

You keep expounding upon the AMAZINGLY long list of things you can't do,cite them very WELL founded Insecurities and I'll simply fuel them...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Orange Hunt. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Pink Hunt. Hint.

You Magnificently STUPID Fhuqks,are a hoot! Keep them riveting Treestand "Adventures" coming. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Bill_N Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Those are some cute rifles. The girls at Waffle House will love them ...Hint

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bill_N
I have a 3 year old Leupold RX1600 that works great in normal daylight conditions but at dusk or early morning the red reticle on it's lowest setting is too bright. It's extremely hard to see game and know that you're on the animal in low light. I'm told they get dimmer over time but I don't see any change yet. The Nikon I had prior had a black reticle and didn't have this issue but the Leupold is much better in normal light and long range.

I'm looking for some feedback from others on their RF’s performance in similar conditions.

My Leica 2700B automatically adjusts the display and I've never had a problem with it washing out or being too bright regardless of light conditions. The Leica has a lit circle broken into quarters (which may contribute to not being overly bright in dim light) for the aiming point and I do find it less intuitive to aim with it. My biggest complaint with the Leica is the button takes slightly more effort than other RF's to push it and consequently makes it harder to stay on target.

Sounds like yours is something you might have to live with.

Of the dozen RF monoculars I've owned or borrowed, and used in the field, the Leica was the best at picking up fuzzy brown nonreflective critters in every light condition I tried.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
B
Bill_N Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Thanks Casey! That's the most pertinent response I've seen. My RX1600 has several choices of reticles which is kind of nice but that doesn't help much with the brightness issue. Rarely am I ranging animals in CT. Since it's so thick I use my RF to range trees or rocks when I set up in an area or stand. When a deer shows up I go off the range to an object I ranged earlier. And it's only necessary during archery season. Once rifle/shotgun season starts I don't need it since I've never had a shot over 175 yards in CT. I have had a couple issues ranging animals at dusk in other states. I can't say it's cost me an animal, but it's frustrating.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jill,

You keep waxing eloquent on your Brokedick Minimum Wage job...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Beings your Crying The Blues,I'll happily match the color for you. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

alpin',

The Geovids are an absolute fhuqking JOKE,in Real World atmospheres. Hint.

The 6K's coulda gave a fhuqk less about rain,snow and fog this morning. 672yds to tailhold here.

I hit 4431yds earlier in the morning,from a pard's place of business,handed them to him and he ordered same after AMAZING himself. Yes,he too suffers fhuqking Geovids.

Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Now Stick, be nice and don't be smacking people around with your checkbook. It's great that you have successfully made the transition from timber to crude, good on you, it's the American Way, but remember oil has had at least as many ups and downs as wood.

Keep us posted on the Sig 6k and its performance and especially its reliability down the road--I'll be asking for sure.

Too many tradeoffs for me with large bulky binos and questionable electronics with short warranties. Having said that the Sig 32mm RF bino does look interesting. I wonder if it has the same RF as the 42mm's do......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
alpin',

I've never seen Crude for less than negative dollars per barrel and that sure as fhuqk didn't change anything. Hint.

I live in the World's greatest per capita Sig 6K numbers,amongst a host of other Outdoor Goodies,to which few could begin to fhuqking fathom. Hint.

Geovids puke reliably,can't contend atmospherics out of the fhuqking gate and only EHR to 1200yds,with CS that sucks heavy ass. In no particular fhuqking order. Suffered Lemon Geovids myself. Hint.

The Sig 6K's simply fhuqking DESTROY Geovids and the 8x32's are beyond fhuqking SENSATIONAL. Hint..............

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Geovids have probably been among the more popular of the RF binos so it might partly be a numbers game, but they do seem to have more than their share of problems.

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Geovids are tender pieces of fhuqking schit and dismal at range determinations in Real World atmospheres. Hint................

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Green Hunt. Hint.

367yds,120 MB 264 Grendel Carbon Express. Hint.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Well done.

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Green Hunt. Hint.

367yds,120 MB 264 Grendel Carbon Express. Hint.

Beautiful lighting.

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bill N: Contrary to what the village idiot, now known as "small twig", burped up - I, and many others, know better.
I just used my Leica laser rangefinder on a VERY successful Antelope Hunt here in SW Montana and its been doing fine so far on a couple of day Hunts for Deer and Elk.
Also along on the successful Antelope were two Hunting partners that were very happy with their laser rangefinders one a Leupold and the other also a Leica.
Again be wary, VERY wary of anything the idiot now known as small twig burps up.
In the past I have used my Leica laser rangefinder on night Hunts for predators and it works REALLY well at night - the semi-smart/educated Coyotes in my neck'o the woods often "hang-up" way out there when being called and the Leica has done well in those instances.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
VarmintGal,

Your Amazing STUPIDITY,is a fhuqking marvel...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Even a 2 old month GrandBaby can tell how bad Geovids suck in comparison. Dangle a picture of "your" Sig Kilo6's,you are lying about,you Manic Piece Of Lying Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

376 members (204guy, 222Sako, 22250rem, 163bc, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 40 invisible), 1,392 guests, and 1,087 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,850
Posts18,517,575
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.