Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Remember the supposed coin shortage during Covid when banks want people to bring in coins? What was that really about? I used to look through change for silver coinage. I think the banks have separated it all out of circulation. My wife supplies coin operated appliances to laundromats and the last time I went through thousands of dollars of quarters I didn’t find a single pre-65 silver quarter.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Google the WEF meeting in Davos
The all are on stage detailing what they plan and how the plan to do it --

Last edited by TBREW401; 11/02/22.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
All I can say is, IF they try to do that, it'll make the Jan. 6th uprising look like a church revival... How many of you have relatives that stash money in walls, mattresses, can dug in the yard etc.,. You really think those people are gonna stand for digital 'money'??? If Dems wanna survive - and trust me, they DO - they're NOT going to vote this in unless they literally have a death wish.

THINK ...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
All I can say is, IF they try to do that, it'll make the Jan. 6th uprising look like a church revival... How many of you have relatives that stash money in walls, mattresses, can dug in the yard etc.,. You really think those people are gonna stand for digital 'money'??? If Dems wanna survive - and trust me, they DO - they're NOT going to vote this in unless they literally have a death wish.

THINK ...

FDR outlawed private ownership of gold in 1933.
Said turn it in and the government would pay you $20.67 an ounce.
Then he reset the gold price to $35.00 an ounce...
So they did it then , why can't they do it with the USD now?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by irfubar
It will be hell on earth if they succeed at this.... your freedom will be gone... gun control... turn them in or your account is frozen
Unfortunately, most of our population will not understand this. Full digital currency will give our evil government full control of the population. We will be up a chit creek!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter

THINK ...
I think youre looking at this wrong. I dont view the powers to be who are trying to push one world digital currency on us a just democrats. I believe its a power thing. I firmly believe there are "republicans" who want this too. George Bush was a new world order, one world gov kinda guy.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Google the WEF meeting in Davos
The all are on stage detailing what they plan and how the plan to do it --
Exactly. The world economic forum is detailing exactly what is coming. Anyone who thinks its a conspiracy theory, only needs to spend a little time watching the f u c ks in the WEF lay out what is coming down the pike in the next 5-10 years. Spoiler, none of its good for any of us!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It will be hell on earth if they succeed at this.... your freedom will be gone... gun control... turn them in or your account is frozen
And they'll shut off your electric car.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

THINK ...

I wonder how many didn’t turn in their gold, I’ve never heard any stories of or from those that held on to it.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
I wonder how many didn’t turn in their gold, I’ve never heard any stories of or from those that held on to it.
Few did.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

THINK ...

I believe you are correct, my point was they set a precedence then and will do it again.
So the question is , will there be a viable black market in USD ? and if so what happens when those bills literally wear out?
I don't think Redneck has thought this through.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
They want to rule the new world order using digital currency and AI.

Several past Presidents have been New World Order fans.
Saw somewhere that Biden is on board with the Central Bank Digital Currency plan

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by saddlering
Yes I believe it will be the End, of the USA as we have know it!

That, true, but it does not stop there. The USA is personal to us but the USA is only a pawn on the table. It is **humanity** that is at stake.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

THINK ...

I believe you are correct, my point was they set a precedence then and will do it again.
So the question is , will there be a viable black market in USD ? and if so what happens when those bills literally wear out?
"Dollar" coins don't wear out.. Dimes - don't wear out. I personally knew a man (since deceased ) that had 2-3 safe deposit boxes FILLED with Mercury-head times..

But let's assume for a sec that they try to do this: First, there's gonna be yuge Constitutional issues.. Second, it'll bring back bartering on an epic scale.. Remember when the nation had the 'prohibition era'?? Did that stop anything, really? Nah. Remember when Clinton got the AWB enacted?? How did that work? What percentage complied?

You all better pray I'm right and you're all wrong... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I personally knew a man (since deceased ) that had 2-3 safe deposit boxes FILLED with Mercury-head dimes.
Me too, except it was dimes, quarters, half dollars, Peace and Morgan Dollars. He had two canvas bank sacks full of them back in the early to middle 1970s.

He said that as soon as they announced in 1964 that they were taking silver out of the coins by 1965, he exchanged as much cash as he had on hand for those silver coins and placed them in the bank's safe deposit box.

This guy was an old friend and neighbor of my grandparents in Virginia. While I was visiting, I had expressed an interest in coin collecting, which I had been doing for a few years already by then.

In response to this, the next day he went to the bank and took out one of those sacks, brought it over to my grandparents' house and told me that any of them that didn't have current (at that time) collector value, he'd give me for face value.

This was the early to middle 1970s. Those that had collector value, he said he'd sell me for what the book says they're worth. I mainly went for the ones that had no stated collector value at that time, and bought as much as my mom would lend me the money to buy, which was quite a haul in Peace Dollars, pre-65 half dollars, quarters, and dimes.

I bought some Morgans, too, actually, but had to pay a bit over face value for them.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Bartering on a huge scale--- thats what the 40,000 new IRS agents are for--- to patrol and control

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D

THINK ...

There won't be a black market of federal reserve notes. Those only have value because the govt says they do, and people like having a convenient, accepted currency. When either of those reasons fails, the dollar will collapse.

Any black market currency will be what both parties in the transaction agree on. It will be something that has value outside of govt approval.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m sure that there are work arounds but if we went to a cashless society I always figured that drug dealers would be the hardest hit demographic. If they go cashless how does DeShaun pay Tyroice for his crack?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by dassa
There won't be a black market of federal reserve notes. Those only have value because the govt says they do, and people like having a convenient, accepted currency. When either of those reasons fails, the dollar will collapse.

Any black market currency will be what both parties in the transaction agree on. It will be something that has value outside of govt approval.
Correct. Once they are disavowed by the Federal Government, Federal Reserve Notes take on the same value as Monopoly money.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Dream on, guys - but it ain't gonna happen... Not if politicians value their lives at all....... Just sayin'.

This whole thread is literally covered in tin foil... laugh laugh

For the true believers, better get them BIT COINS while they're HOT! Hehehehee...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (16gage, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 2,994 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,958
Posts18,519,418
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.