-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I dunno that I’d want to use a shock collar to deter an aggressive attitude towards other dogs or people. I wouldn’t want the dog to think that the electric shock comes from them and not me. I’d work to control that behavior by disciplining the dog myself and by bringing the dog everywhere I could when out or about to get it socialized.

While I have no use for a dog that bites, a dog that displays enough of an attitude when appropriate to deter strangers from attacking me or just walking in unannounced is another thing entirely.

Nother thing about shocking collars is I have heard the dog quickly learns that when that collar is off - no shocks are gonna happen.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
What the everliving fûck is a heeler/border collie cross doing in an urban environment? Borrowing trouble. Put them down and rescue a bunch of pits. Put them all down and get a Yorkie or something

Last edited by BillyGoatGruff; 11/05/22.

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
What the everliving fûck is a heeler/border collie cross doing in an urban environment? Borrowing trouble. Put them down and rescue a bunch of pits. Put them all down and get a Yorkie or something

LOL

You cannot make this schit up.

Fugking idiots.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brother Barkoff,

Dogs are a reflection of their owner and therefore you should focus on your behavior.....
Are you angry? maybe some road rage? liberals getting on your last nerve?
I would recommend aroma therapy and a nice glass of Pinot noir... maybe a warm bath...

The doggies will follow your example and all can be at peace with the world.... smile smile

Oh wait healer/ collie cross? good luck with that schit.... drink some whiskey teach them to bite liberals... and distance yourself from society.... you're welcome... wink

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Interesting thread, I've got a English Springer Spaniel female 11 -12 years old.she can be easy with me but bring someone around and you think the bitch had rabies. I live alone in the country and the dog park is my 13 acres . She was a good bird dog and retriever but because of her personality her time is damn short. After they can't hunt anymore I try to give them a retirement as just the dog but it ain't working to good this time...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OK, so 40lb heelers were bred to impose their will on herds of range cattle 10 to 40+ times their weight and to do this with their teeth when necessary by biting the legs of the cattle.

Strong willed, innately aggressive dogs, bred to herd and bite. Heeler puppies are gonna bite the schidt out of you with their needle sharp teeth grin

All that being said, let us not wax hysterical. As long as you start early and put in the time, bring ‘em everywhere they also have a desire to work for you and to please.

I’ve had two heelers and the heeler/sheepdog mutt in my avatar in an urban environment without incident. Strangely enough they never killed our cats ( except for one suspicious incident where the cat turned up dead) but were death on skunks and possums.

Even ran them through the city early morning off leash next to my bike, left them in “down, stay” mode outside convenience stores. Never bit anyone or got run over.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Pretty much any problems associated with dogs stems from the fact that they're not a Labrador.

Have had a lot of labs and will get one more, God willing.
Had one pychpath lab put down for biting. The vet had the brain autopsies to see if there was tumor etc. Negative.
If he were still alive he' be voting Democrat...might be anyhow.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by irfubar
Brother Barkoff,

Dogs are a reflection of their owner and therefore you should focus on your behavior.....
Are you angry? maybe some road rage? liberals getting on your last nerve?
I would recommend aroma therapy and a nice glass of Pinot noir... maybe a warm bath...

The doggies will follow your example and all can be at peace with the world.... smile smile

Oh wait healer/ collie cross? good luck with that schit.... drink some whiskey teach them to bite liberals... and distance yourself from society.... you're welcome... wink

Holy fugk.

LMAO

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
OK, so 40lb heelers were bred to impose their will on herds of range cattle 10 to 40+ times their weight and to do this with their teeth when necessary by biting the legs of the cattle.

Strong willed, innately aggressive dogs, bred to herd and bite. Heeler puppies are gonna bite the schidt out of you with their needle sharp teeth grin

All that being said, let us not wax hysterical. As long as you start early and put in the time, bring ‘em everywhere they also have a desire to work for you and to please.

I’ve had two heelers and the heeler/sheepdog mutt in my avatar in an urban environment without incident. Strangely enough they never killed our cats ( except for one suspicious incident where the cat turned up dead) but were death on skunks and possums.

Even ran them through the city early morning off leash next to my bike, left them in “down, stay” mode outside convenience stores. Never bit anyone or got run over.

You know nothing about dogs.

At all.

Just STFU.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pics or it never happened.

Heeler/sheepdog mutt, 1yr old 2004. All three dogs in down/stay mode. Purchased as a 9wk old sickly pup, belly hard with worms at a rundown S. Texas feed store for $15, and that was the White guy price. There she was looking out at the world with the same interested expression you see in the photo, a wonderful dog, best I'll ever own.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Heeler/Stumpy-tailed cattle dog mix (stumpy-tailed cattle dogs are basically bigger, long legged heelers, born without tails), both parents brung in from Australia, somebody snuck under a fence, bought for $150 from an Italian guy name Ferrari who had a horse ranch out by Bandera. Seen here in sit stay mode, 1 yo, 2005.

The most I ever ran them in a day next to the bike was 22 miles. This was early morning, prob'ly on a Sunday, ten miles or less, maybe 2009. I recall I had been running them pretty hard before this pic and they were panting heavily.

Last 100 yards to the house would be a flat-out sprint and that little heeler mutt, understanding, would be yipping as we raced.

Good times smile

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 2,196 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,086
Posts18,521,894
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.