Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Quak
Germany lost before we fired a shot in anger at them. Our most important contribution to the war in europe was spam and studebaker trucks. We didn't build T34s, we didn't build PPSH's and we sure as hell didn't provide the man power.

Are you from Pennsylvania or Canaduh?

Be honest please.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by deflave
I hate russians...with a passion. The only good russian is a dead russian. I wish the Wehrmacht and SS would have killed every one of them...but it didn't happen that way.

OK. You seem reluctant to post where you're from so I'll just assume you're from Pennsylvania and make this simple:

If America did not enter WWII Germany would have won.

Since America did enter WWII, Germany did not win.

Anybody that debates this is a fugking idiot.
https://www.axishistory.com/list-al.../2455-german-losses-on-the-eastern-front
https://medium.com/war-is-boring/th...gobbled-up-men-and-machines-530f4098376c

America and Britain waited because they feared the German war machine. That's the truth. No Eastern Front and the Normandy landing would have been a massacre.

Last edited by OldHat; 11/10/22.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by OldHat
America and Britain waited because they feared the German war machine. That's the truth. No Eastern Front and the Normandy landing would have been a massacre.
There had to be an Eastern Front, otherwise (The Germans knew) the Russians would have merely waited till the most opportune time to invade Europe with a massive tank force (25,000 strong prior to Russia's involvement in the war).

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Since this has become a debate about Russians and the killing of same, shouldn't Mr. Burns be involved to proclaim his wizardry of having predicted the fate of all things Russian during WW2?

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Teal
Which begs the question - how did the Germans get to Moscow, Stalingrad, and Kursk to begin with? Killing Russians. They ran out logistically/poor planning etc - let's not confuse that with Russians being tactically or warfighting superior. Was numbers and weather - not Russian skill.
Germany's generals wanted to make a temporary retreat from Russia in advance of the onset of winter, hold till spring, and then renew their advance. Hitler wouldn't hear of it, and essentially ordered them to win or die in a winter war on Russian soil, which the German army was not equipped for. Once he made that decision, Germany was doomed.
Even if Hitler would have listened to his generals the Luftwaffe could not have stopped the western destruction from bombing. Germany needed a full Luftwaffe to prevent the destruction of their industry.

I don't for a minute believe the Russians were superior in tactics and officer corp. The Germans over extended themselves. No amount of planning would have undone this.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Do you have any fugking idea how idiotic that makes you look?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
There had to be an Eastern Front, otherwise (The Germans knew) the Russians would have merely waited till the most opportune time to invade Europe with a massive tank force (25,000 strong prior to Russia's involvement in the war).
That is possible but no real evidence. Stalin was caught completely and totally off guard by barbarousa. Stalin hated Hitler and Germany for sure, but they were scared to death of the German war machine. In 1941 the wold was in complete awe of waht Germany had accompplioshed.

Hitler should not have invaded Greece either.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by deflave

Do you have any fugking idea how idiotic that makes you look?
Hoss, you have over 100000 posts of stupid one liners. Every body knows you have no substance. You are as transparent as air.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
That is possible but no real evidence. Stalin was caught completely and totally off guard by barbarousa. Stalin hated Hitler and Germany for sure, but they were scared to death of the German war machine. In 1941 the wold was in complete awe of waht Germany had accompplioshed.

Hitler should not have invaded Greece either.

jfc.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It's sure easier to interact with narratives than it is to try to nail down any facts about history, even recent history.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Human nature has not changed much in the past 6,000 years...

Uhhh, more like 1.9 million years..

Yep. As I've posted before, "The only thing that has changed is technology."

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
It's sure easier to interact with narratives than it is to try to nail down any facts about history, even recent history.
Well by all means give some facts. We are patiently waiting for you to educate us.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Hoss, you have over 100000 posts of stupid one liners. Every body knows you have no substance. You are as transparent as air.

Why do I get the impression that you'd be really easy to beat the schit out of?

LOL

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[quote=deflave][quote=Quak]WWII in europe was decided at the gates of Moscow in the Winter of 1940-41. It was all downhill from there. There was nothing the Gernans could have done once Barbarossa was crushed that could have saved them from their eventual defeat. They were not set up for attrition.

Personally i wish Hitler would have destroyed the soviet barbarian horde completely. Then the US could unleash the dogs of war and destroy the Germans in due time...and we could have.

The world has never seen a more efficient killing machine than the US. It would have been nice to have had communism dealt with in the 40s...instead we fight it still today and within our own country.

Imagine the combined strength of the US Navy and Army...we would rule the baltic...the black sea...you name it. We could have fielded 300 divisions if we wanted to. 6 divisions of combat hardened marines with the blood of the japs still dripping from their bayonets...marching t

Russia crushed the germans in front of Moscow, they crushed them in front of stalingrad, they crushed them at kursk, they crushed them in Bagration, and they crushed them in Berlin.

Where was mother green when all that was happening? [bleep] around in the desert and getting chewed up in france by conscripted cripples from the east

Hitler's stupidity caused that. Thanks to him, Barbarossa started six weeks behind schedule because he had to bail the Guineas out of Yugoslavia and Greece,, but once it launched, the Germans were going through Russia like a hot knife through butter even though they were grossly outnumbered. Then in the middle of everything, he decides to push south and weakens Army Group B on the drive to Moscow so by the time they got there they had no reserves. On top of everything else, he orders the taking of Stalingrad knowing full well superior Russian armies were massing on the flanks with only Rumanians holding part of the line, then with gives the stand and die order to von Paulus when they still had ample time to withdraw, Kurks was the same deal and by the time they got to Berlin, the German were all but spent, then again check the casualties Heinrici handed the Russians at the Seelow heights. All the Russians knew how to do was die in mass numbers, Yes they did bleed the Germans, but face it , without the US, the Germans would have won.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Almost as easy as beating up house husbands..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Teal
Which begs the question - how did the Germans get to Moscow, Stalingrad, and Kursk to begin with? Killing Russians. They ran out logistically/poor planning etc - let's not confuse that with Russians being tactically or warfighting superior. Was numbers and weather - not Russian skill.
Germany's generals wanted to make a temporary retreat from Russia in advance of the onset of winter, hold till spring, and then renew their advance. Hitler wouldn't hear of it, and essentially ordered them to win or die in a winter war on Russian soil, which the German army was not equipped for. Once he made that decision, Germany was doomed.

Had Germany not held fast after the crushing defeat at Moscow the entire front would have collapsed and they would have been retreating all the way back across Russia like Napoleon.

His order was the correct orderer and it restored the front. One of his few...

The thing about russian skill is this...early on it was weak but they got better and better. The red army was a pretty proficient killing force by 44

GOD Bless America
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes sir there’s some folks that need to read a good bit more!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gunnison1
If anyone can get an early edition of Mein Kampf that wasn't watered down in it’s translation it is an intriguing read to say the least.

I read that when Mussolini was asked what he thought of Mein Kampf after he read it, he replied "What a brick!" grin

My copy, which belonged to my late mother-in-law, was published by Houghton, Mifflin, in 1941. I waded through it years ago. Mussolini was right. "What a brick!" wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The thing about russian skill is this...early on it was weak but they got better and better. The red army was a pretty proficient killing force by 44

I don't know how proficient they were about it. But the Germans lost 500,000 men between 42 and 43 when they laid siege to Stalingrad.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
My copy, which belonged to my late mother-in-law, was published by Houghton, Mifflin, in1941. I waded through it years ago. Mussolini was right. "What a brick!" wink

L.W.

That's pretty cool.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

733 members (10Glocks, 12savage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 79 invisible), 3,002 guests, and 1,512 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,737
Posts18,475,993
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.