Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Several hundred on WWII in general. If your looking for a good place to start id suggest Citinos 3 books on the subject or Clarks Barbarossa. All good places to start. You can also get a lot from individual memoirs...only so much to gain from the x's and o's. If you dont have time to read them...many are available on youtube for free.

Ive read Sajers and Barmanns many many times...buts its always a good listen when in the car for long periods of time

That said...my books are for the most part on the american and germans perspectives. I dont like russians and most of their books and memoirs are suspect.

Im no boomer...no millennial...just a child of the cold war and the 80s. Way too much post war US propaganda taken as fact these days.

GOD Bless America
GB1

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by hatari
As prophetic as Der Fuhrer’s words may seem, the Third Reich lasted 12 years while America is 246 and counting.

TRUTH

GOD Bless America
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Potsy
But, yes, Flave is right. Without our equipment, Navy, and Air Force, the whole of Europe would be speaking German……

As opposed to whatever African or Middle Eastern languages they're speaking now.

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BCBH
But, yes, Flave is right. Without our equipment, Navy, and Air Force, the whole of Europe would be speaking German……

As opposed to whatever African or Middle Eastern languages they're speaking now.
Mic drop!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

[/quote]

Jesus Christ...

It was NOT just our providing of equipment that resulted in the winning of the war.

It was our everything.

No America, Axis Powers won. Period.

Anybody that claims otherwise is a fugking idiot.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Quak
Several hundred on WWII in general. If your looking for a good place to start id suggest Citinos 3 books on the subject or Clarks Barbarossa. All good places to start. You can also get a lot from individual memoirs...only so much to gain from the x's and o's. If you dont have time to read them...many are available on youtube for free.

Ive read Sajers and Barmanns many many times...buts its always a good listen when in the car for long periods of time

That said...my books are for the most part on the american and germans perspectives. I dont like russians and most of their books and memoirs are suspect.

Im no boomer...no millennial...just a child of the cold war and the 80s. Way too much post war US propaganda taken as fact these days.

You're an idiot.

And I'd love to whip your ass at Risk.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Mic drop!
ditto

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by deflave

You're an idiot.

And I'd love to whip your ass at Risk.

You’re reputation proceeds you…I don’t need to call you names lol

GOD Bless America
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Just think what the world would look like if General Patton wouldn’t have listened when he was 100 miles from Moscow and he kept going

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow nugget is at complete loss of words. Germany was defeated?? Yeah let’s just forget about Dunkirk and the British expeditionary forces retreating back to England. Germany ruled Europe and North Africa. Russia Jesus they weren’t going to push all the way to Berlin without the U.S coming from the west. Nugget

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
There are millions of tons of our best machinery and equipment laying at the bottom of the ocean thanks to Hitler's submarine corps. A lot of good stuff has been posted about the war and our involvement. We fought a war on two fronts plus furnished the machinery and supplies for the European front and Russia. FDR like many other Americans admired Hitler at first. his prosecution of the war was perhaps the only decent thing he ever did for America. He let his generals handle it. They were pitiful enough. Bradley, Omar and many others were country Club Commanders as was Ike. They hated Patton because he was richer, and more aggressive. He ignored bad orders and would not Monty get the credit he thought he deserved. The German Command to the man respected Patton with good reason.
The Russians everybody loves to hate were the Stalinist's and they were brutal. The Russian people suffered greatly at their hands. Russia today is not the same as it was under Stalin. It might not be the Republic we'd like it to be but then neither are we anymore. if you hate Stalin you must hate the democrat Marxists because they are just as evil and will turn out just as brutal if we give them the opportunity.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
oh; forgot. Hitler was a Crystal Meth addict as was most of his army and air force. That's how those dive bombers managed to pull so many G's doing accurate dive bombing. It's how the Army could do forced marches for days at a time without rest. By the end of the war he was a physical wreck trembling with palsy to the point he couldn't get out of bed in the morning without his shot of meth. The Germans were a formidable force. Their engineering was good and their machining was precise. They didn't have enough fuel to fight with and that was the reason for a lot of futile mistakes. The whole Third Reich was a catastrophe of great magnitude. They didn't have the money to produce the dreams he had and it was pretty much a great illusion. The Volkswagen was supposed to be produced for the people but not many ever got their hands on them The Autobahn was built to accommodate tanks and other war material. Hitler reminds me of Obama is many ways. neither of them care much for the citizens. They were just a means to an end.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Their small arms are pure art.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Ours were not?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Well, this dollar based country whipped the ever living schit out of his.

LOL

Russians had nothing to do with it, eh?

Little.

Very little.

Don't let revisionists pump your head full of horse schit. WE won that war.

WE and WE alone.

9 of 10 germans that fell died at the hands of the russians. We didn't step foot on the continent until the war had already been won by the russians...and it wasn't shermans they won't it with.

We spent 21 million tons of supplies in the European theatre of WW2 on our troops. We gave an additional 17.5 million tons of supplies to the Soviets from 1941 on. I agree the Russians gave blood, but they couldn't have done it without us. And we sent them Sherman tanks too..............

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by IA_fog
Just think what the world would look like if General Patton wouldn’t have listened when he was 100 miles from Moscow and he kept going

How would have that worked winter coming? Every spend a winter in Russia?

How long would supply lines be??

How about combat fatigue after 4 years? What would you tell American soldiers after ordering them to attack an ally you just helped them destroy an enemy?

How would you motivate them when it’s 20 below zero?

The soviets were close to having nukes too

Last edited by ribka; 11/10/22.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Ours were not?

Nobody has ever produced a squad automatic weapon that's as elegant as an MG34.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I recently asked a history professor "Why did Hitler declare war on the USA after Perl Harbor?"

He said, "Many historians debate that question. My theory is that Hitler was meshuggah."

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I recently asked a history professor "Why did Hitler declare war on the USA after Perl Harbor?"

He said, "Many historians debate that question. My theory is that Hitler was meshuggah."
Didn't the US first declare war against the Axis Powers, i.e., after Pearl Harbor was attacked?

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,737 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,725
Posts18,475,848
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.