Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
Doesn't matter because anyone standing in line taking forever to buy scratch-offs are a fugging aszhole. If you're gonna have an addiction at least make it a good one and smoke Crack or something.
+1.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Is anyone responsible for their own decisions ? I buy a few tickets. I certainly don’t buy enough to damage my finances. I bought one ticket for the powerball the other day. One ticket. There’s virtually zero chance of winning but it’s not zero. I buy my hope ticket and then I go to work. Plenty of people do the same. I also stopped and bought a cold unsweet tea at the restaurant. I could have drank water from home. I could have made tea at home. I spent my money for the convenience. I bought a lotto ticket for the entertainment of the possibility.
So many “freedom loving conservatives” here sure are worried what other people do. Stupid people do stupid things. It’s not your responsibility to save them from themselves. It’s really not your place to comment on their choices. It’s also not their fault they’re on welfare. It’s our fault collectively for creating welfare in the first place. If we let people suffer the consequences of their actions we’d all be much better off. As for the “it’s for the children” I’d point to the Bible. God visits the sins of the fathers upon the sons. It has always been that the bad decisions of parents are paid not only by the parents but by the children also. Government welfare perpetuates the sin and the suffering is never paid and goes forth generation after generation.

BTW , I’m way ahead in the lottery. My son received many thousands of dollars in scholarships funded by the lottery. About $30,000 over four years. That’s money I didn’t need to come up with while he was in school.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by hanco
Give the poor people free tickets!

No Dude ..

A Special Black Power Ball that they can only Win which is included in each drawing..

Everyone that picks it get a participation Award ..

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Every so often you hear about an unclaimed lottery prize. Someone bought a ticket and then lost it or didn't bother to even check the number. That's a real messed up addiction to buying tickets.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I stood in line to buy my tickets the other day, here in the North Carolina mountains. There were 11 people in line, and not a single Negro. All a bunch of us whities.
Reverse discrimination I guess.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well; the government has to recoup some of the huge amount of money they spend on welfare & social service programs. I've heard the lottery referred to as the taxation of the low income and welfare class who generally pay little to no taxes. Think of it as a "welfare tax".

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I bought a $2 ticket for the $2B prize the other day. Why the fugk not?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Left’s Condescension just never stops. Minorities just can’t resist those Kools and Salems, so we have to take them off the market, and now the same goes for the lotteries.

Maybe they could do some Lottery Affirmative Action, give the minorities two tickets for the price of one; two chances in a gazillion-billion instead of one. Boy oh boy, the High Life is just around the bend!

I was at the Charlestown Races about twelve years ago on other business, and walked around a bit. At the slots the typical player was dressed er… like someone with not a lot of resources. Smoking and drinking too, three gambles at the same time. At least the regular lotteries (not scratch-offs) have a time buffer that might slow down the money grinder for the hard-cores.

Not against them, even buy a ticket once in a very great while, but I’ve actually won money from the Publisher’s Clearing House, which is free to enter online, and probably less than $20 total from all forms of state-sponsored gambling.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Years ago, I worked as a roofer for a few years. We had a Mexican on the crew, a really nice guy. He had money problems and the guys would help him out once in a while. Then one day he let it slip that in the past year, he'd spent around $2000 on lottery tickets. The monetary aid dried up instantly.

― George Orwell

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I see small winners plough every dollar back into tickets,
I would have a hard time frittering away a billion. The state amount of 1 or 3 million would disappear in the requisite new truck and house. Then have to work for property taxes

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
It's been racist for years in Ga, our lottery funds the Hope scholarship, if you have the grades, the state picks up most of the tab for a state school. But, a certain demographic gets mad because they feel they are paying for another demographic to go to college for free when they purchase lotta tickets. They dont understand it benefits everyone who makes the grades and wants to go to college.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by killerv
It's been racist for years in Ga, our lottery funds the Hope scholarship, if you have the grades, the state picks up most of the tab for a state school. But, a certain demographic gets mad because they feel they are paying for another demographic to go to college for free when they purchase lotta tickets. They dont understand it benefits everyone who makes the grades and wants to go to college.
How many scholarships go to students in trade schools? We need a LOT more of those.

― George Orwell

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I actually bought 10 dollars worth of tickets for the last one... 2+ billion... I figured I would not win but I had a lot of fun for a few days just imagining what I would do with the money... Thus it was a great 10 dollars spent on that entertainment... I think this is only the second time I spent a few bucks on the lottery this year... almost have never played... but the ability to just dream and imagine is worth the few bucks to me. Obviously, 10 dollars is not even noticed in our budget...

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by hanco
Give the poor people free tickets!

That’s next 🤬

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I bought one $2.00 ticket the other day. Didn't match a single number. But it was worth $2.00 to dream a little while. I probably buy less than $10 worth in a year. Someone eventually wins the pot, maybe one day it will be me or someone I know.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Barrelhorses
Someone eventually wins the pot, maybe one day it will be me or someone I know.

Someone you used to know

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, 375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 15 invisible), 801 guests, and 878 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,909
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.