Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe with some girls they met at the Dirty Shame Saloon in Garden Valley

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Good to hear.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH

Hey, I have gotten black out drunk there more than once. The GV Helitack party there in 98 was "epic".

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Wife’s a nag.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by 700LH

Hey, I have gotten black out drunk there more than once. The GV Helitack party there in 98 was "epic".

How do you know if you were blacked out?

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 338reddog
They have been found. Keys were lost in the snow

That's good news for them and their families. I'm sure many prayers were answered with that revelation.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by 338reddog
They have been found. Keys were lost in the snow

Yay!

And that's another thing- I'm good at losing, locking, mis-placing chit... I nearly always have a spare set of accessible keys somewhere.
Our original weenie dog was forever getting up to look out the '95 Expedition windows and locking the thing up. (bad location/design) Fortunately, I only had to walk home once, the first time, a mere 7 miles. After that it was remove the keys AND have an accessable spare along. The '17 Expedition has a push-code panel on the door. I like that! I still carry a spare tho. I can remember the combo, but had to teach my wife a pattern. smile. Now, if I could reliably remember our home land-line phone number......

A couple years ago we parked a friend's borrowed ATV a mile up the mountain above the bad muddy rut section, along with our two machines for the next day's hunt. We had extra keys stashed in the truck for our two, but only one key for the friend's, and it was just on a short piece of brown shoe-lace.

Guess what turned up missing back at the truck? Found it 200 yards back up the road, 30 feet up trail . My wife had it in her jacket pocket and it pulled out along with the leash for the weenie dog. Whew! Had it been lost elsewhere, we likely would not have found it.

An inconvenience at most. Tows R Us.

There are now two spare keys, and all three are on colorful keepers. Same with the snow machines and trailer lock.

I'm not the only one, either. One year a father/son pulled in to the trailhead parking, and their only key along for one of their ATV's had joggled out of the ignition on the way up. It was 100 miles back to Fairbanks for their spare. They lost a day of hunting, but filled their permits the next day anyway. Me - I'd have hunted with just the one machine.

This thread reminds me - we have to order an Inreach, and a month's basic pkg activation is only about $20. Cheap chit-happens insurance.

Our remote cabin is 50 miles from the end-of-the-road landing, and we are getting too old for that, unsupported.

Last edited by las; 11/13/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 16 invisible), 1,631 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,484
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.