-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They don’t make a reliable 9mm the size of an LCP. When you step up to guns the size of the Bersa, there are plenty of 9mm’s the same size.

I always thought the browning version of the beretta .380 looked ‘neat’, but it just doesn’t make sense when compared to the modern micro 9’s. In an LCP sized gun it makes a lot more sense, as it’s the biggest caliber you can cram into it.

Last edited by K1500; 11/19/22.
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by K1500
They don’t make a reliable 9mm the size of an LCP. When you step up to guns the size of the Bersa, there are plenty of 9mm’s the same size.
The first one was the very innovative Kahr K9. It had about the same footprint of the PPK.

[Linked Image from cdn11.bigcommerce.com]

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kahr:
L 6”
H 4.5”
W of slide 0.9”
Weight 25 oz

LCP
L 5.16”
H 3.6”
W 0.81”
Weight 9.6 oz

Rereading I see you are comparing the Kahr to the PPK/s. Yep, they are pretty close.

Last edited by K1500; 11/20/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The first one was the very innovative Kahr K9. It had about the same footprint of the PPK/s

Fixed it for you.

Swifty
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Of note for me is, of all the gun deals that I have been offered over the years not one of them involved a 380. If a deal on one had come up I guess I would have bought it. There was one single stack 380 that I did look at twice. I was talked out of it from the dealer who told me it was used in a suicide. It was an engraved stainless/nickle plated berretta, i do not remember the model, but the magazine had a finger hook on the base plate.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The Kahr PM9 is dang close, IIRC.. I carry one quite often around town here..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I always thought the browning version of the beretta .380 looked ‘neat’, but it just doesn’t make sense when compared to the modern micro 9’s. In an LCP sized gun it makes a lot more sense, as it’s the biggest caliber you can cram into it.

Some Company is now making the old “SeeCamp” again, which is about the same size and around $600.
I looked at one at my LGS, a while back, and the first thing I noticed, was that it had no sights. And a horrible trigger pull. I was not impressed.

That being said, I’ll stick my with old Ruger LCP 380, which has always been super reliable. The newer version in the LCP Max 380 with the staggered magazine and 10 + 1 capacity would be my choice if I was buying a new 380.

The old SeeCamp I owned in 32 acp in the early 90’s was only “reliable” with Winchester Silvertip ammo, supposedly.
Mine was not reliable with any ammo.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/20/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This pistol is interesting in that it is simply adequate for a variety of uses.

Small and light weight, but not too small and light for a fighting pistol.

Simple blow-back design.

8+1 capacity w/ the inexpensive Mec-Gar mags.

The 3.5" Bbl. makes the most out of the minimalist .380 ACP SD rounds.

Flat-nosed FMJ make for an adequate trail round.

Comfortable to shoot precisely, even by inexperienced shooters.

Did I mention the "cool" factor?

8>)

Lot to like for $300.

GR

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There’s something to be said for being able to accurately sling a magazine full of .380 rounds out of a small gun almost like it was a .22 LR. The mini-nines now are made in the same size range as the larger .380s, but the recoil is substantially more (at least against locked breech .380s), and follow-up shots are slower. The mini-nines also require more practice to keep in shape than with the roughly equivalent sized .380s.

Carry whatever you want as long as you know how to use it. I also have a personal criteria that I won’t carry something if it would force me to compromise on the situations in which I would carry or employ it. I don’t go for the concept of carrying one gun on a milk run a couple of blocks from home and a different one when going to the big city.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Agreed. The .380 catches a lot of schit for being underpowered while the rimmed darlings get adoration.

The .380 is a great round and makes more sense for more people than anybody gives it credit for. It just has to be put into an adequately sized pistol to see it really shine.

Major props to S&W for introducing their EZ in the .380. More people to recognize just how genius that design/concept is. Blows holy hell out of anything else in the .380 offerings.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Garandimal
This pistol is interesting in that it is simply adequate for a variety of uses.

Small and light weight, but not too small and light for a fighting pistol.

Simple blow-back design.

8+1 capacity w/ the inexpensive Mec-Gar mags.

The 3.5" Bbl. makes the most out of the minimalist .380 ACP SD rounds.

Flat-nosed FMJ make for an adequate trail round.

Comfortable to shoot precisely, even by inexperienced shooters.

Did I mention the "cool" factor?

8>)

GR
All that is kinda the way I feel about my Sig P238 .380 pistol. It gets carried a lot. Rock solid reliable. Seven round mags. I can shoot it damned well, and it handles great. And .380 ACP, with the right loads, can do the job.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Some Company is now making the old “SeeCamp” again, which is about the same size and around $600.
I looked at one at my LGS, a while back, and the first thing I noticed, was that it had no sights. And a horrible trigger pull. I was not impressed.

That being said, I’ll stick my with old Ruger LCP 380, which has always been super reliable. The newer version in the LCP Max 380 with the staggered magazine and 10 + 1 capacity would be my choice if I was buying a new 380.

The old SeeCamp I owned in 32 acp in the early 90’s was only “reliable” with Winchester Silvertip ammo, supposedly.
Mine was not reliable with any ammo.

My little SeeCamp 32 has been reliable in the past with Speer gold dots but I have not shot it in some time. Mine is an old one back when you had to wait for a year to get it built and it is made like a swiss watch. At the time I considered it a "Get Off of Me Gun", just like I think of my Ruger LCP, so lack of sights were never an issue.

I carry my J-Frame 38 Snub Nose in lieu of either the SeeCamp or the LCP now as my summer/deep concealment gun.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
There’s something to be said for being able to accurately sling a magazine full of .380 rounds out of a small gun almost like it was a .22 LR. The mini-nines now are made in the same size range as the larger .380s, but the recoil is substantially more (at least against locked breech .380s), and follow-up shots are slower. The mini-nines also require more practice to keep in shape than with the roughly equivalent sized .380s.

Carry whatever you want as long as you know how to use it. I also have a personal criteria that I won’t carry something if it would force me to compromise on the situations in which I would carry or employ it. I don’t go for the concept of carrying one gun on a milk run a couple of blocks from home and a different one when going to the big city.

Well here’s a little context. 2009 living in the big city, nice summer night guy 2 blocks from me got robbed at gun point while drinking a beer with a friend in his own garage. Always had a G26, 1911 or that PPK on my side since. Leave the house 1911 or G26. Putzing in the garage or the yard, PPK.

Fast forward 2015 retired living in small town Nebraska and visits to anywhere other than my yard, garage or run to the convenience store 3 blocks away, town larger than 3000 are 2-3 weeks apart, sometimes a month unless some emergency pops up. Damn, I gots to carry 13 -20 rounds of 9mm or 9 rounds in a 1911 to mow the lawn or just to sit in the house? Naw, same procedure just different situations.

Swifty
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Mine is a Colt Govt. 380. I like it.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
As said above, will beat hell out of a sharp stick or a pair of fingernail clippers in a gun fight.

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by poboy
Mine is a Colt Govt. 380. I like it.
I bought one as soon as they hit the market back in the early 1980s. I carried it quite a lot in my back pocket. I've always regretted selling it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

Well here’s a little context. 2009 living in the big city, nice summer night guy 2 blocks from me got robbed at gun point while drinking a beer with a friend in his own garage. Always had a G26, 1911 or that PPK on my side since. Leave the house 1911 or G26. Putzing in the garage or the yard, PPK.

Fast forward 2015 retired living in small town Nebraska and visits to anywhere other than my yard, garage or run to the convenience store 3 blocks away, town larger than 3000 are 2-3 weeks apart, sometimes a month unless some emergency pops up. Damn, I gots to carry 13 -20 rounds of 9mm or 9 rounds in a 1911 to mow the lawn or just to sit in the house? Naw, same procedure just different situations.

I may not have made myself clear. I was not suggesting that you need a Glock 26 and multiple bulbous Glock magazines or a 1911 for either and/or both of the big city and mowing the lawn. I am suggesting that there are a lot of good tweener options today in 9mm and .380 that can cover both. All you have to do (in addition to practicing regularly) is be willing to put up with a platform about the same size as or slightly larger than, and 0-7 ounces heavier than, an aluminum framed J frame. They come with more capacity, have better ammo than ever before, and are easier to shoot at distance. I am a refugee from a murder capital but do not take for granted that nothing bad can happen in my much more peaceful community. Mental health crises can arise anywhere anytime, and highways and train tracks can import people any time of day or night.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone carry a Colt Mustang Plus II? I have looked at them and really like the feel of them but like a fool I passed one up at a gun show because I thought it was a bit too expensive . They are a Mustang slide on a government frame and they just fit my large hands about perfectly.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice gun...mainly because the buyer likes it...so they will probably use it.

I have the obligatory ppk and ppk/s that are range/safe queens.

I often carry the little glock 380, just because the size and convenience. Plus it fires from a locked breech so that makes it a little less snappy to me.

-John

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sportsman's Warehouse has'em for $260 on their Black Friday/Christmas Sale.

GR

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,338 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,402
Posts18,470,144
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.