-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1680 is also my preferred powder for both max velocity and accuracy in my .357 Maximum with 180-200 gr. jacketed and cast bullets. I'm using 180 gr. Speers with 30 gr. AA1680 behind them and getting 2050 fps from my 18" barrel.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
It is new & well promoted, Low recoil & ammo has been readably available. I expect very capable out to 125 yards, like most calibers if you put the bullet where it needs to be. Are you inclined to talk all, out of the 6mm ARC as well?

I do not personally have much use for the 350 Legend. The 6mm ARC in a mini Bolt action on the other hand, has great utility for me. Liked it enough to order a barrel for a CZ 527. Would I recommend the 6mm ARC to a non-reloader? Not at this point, due to price & availability of ammo. 350 legend is not suffering either price or availability issues of the 6mm ARC. So I can see some appeal for the recoil sensative person not wanting to shoot over 100 yards or so anyway.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
I don’t know. Why would anyone want to hunt with a rifle that kills deer with low recoil and you can find ammo for at a gas station.

Seems strange to me too.

😂😂😂

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
It is new & well promoted, Low recoil & ammo has been readably available. I expect very capable out to 125 yards, like most calibers if you put the bullet where it needs to be. Are you inclined to talk all, out of the 6mm ARC as well?

I do not personally have much use for the 350 Legend. The 6mm ARC in a mini Bolt action on the other hand, has great utility for me. Liked it enough to order a barrel for a CZ 527. Would I recommend the 6mm ARC to a non-reloader? Not at this point, due to price & availability of ammo. 350 legend is not suffering either price or availability issues of the 6mm ARC. So I can see some appeal for the recoil sensative person not wanting to shoot over 100 yards or so anyway.

I like the idea of using the 6 ARC or the 6.5 Grendel in this same application, but factory ammo availability is extremely limited on both. Hornady, Winchester, & Federal all offer two or three suitable options sitting on the shelf ready to buy. If I want something I don’t see on the shelf, I am confident that some reputable online retailer will have it. Many cartridges out there check the box on some of categories, but the 350L checks the most boxes. Good woods carbine, affordable and available ammunition, great options for rifles, legal to hunt with in every state. It’s fun to shoot and does what it says it will do if you do your part.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
For me, I've always wanted a 357 rifle, but didn't want to pay the money they go for. I can cast bullets for it and shoot it cheap, or load it almost to a 35 rem which will work for 99.9% of my deer hunting. The Ruger American I have in 350 is very short and handy, light and accurate.

It might be lonely at the top, but it's a bitch at the bottom.
IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Buckshot77
For me, I've always wanted a 357 rifle, but didn't want to pay the money they go for. I can cast bullets for it and shoot it cheap, or load it almost to a 35 rem which will work for 99.9% of my deer hunting. The Ruger American I have in 350 is very short and handy, light and accurate.

I always thought that the 357 Maximum was a well thought out hunting round. But I wasn’t going to custom fit a rifle for it. I have owned a Marlin 336C in 35 REM, but ammo became so scarce that I decided to sell it to finance a M70 Featherweight in 270.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by ringworm
I run a gun shop in SC.
Constantly have had customers asking for 350. I've finally quit trying to talk them out of itand just ordered the dang things.
I can't for the life of me figure out why someone would want one when they don't have the limitations.
I keep hearing the BS of brush busting and low recoil and killing power.
Really? More than a 7-08? Better than a 30-30?

We have to use a straight wall cartridge in Iowa (recently changed to .35 and over) but we bought a couple of bolt guns in .350 Legend rather that shotgun slugs or muzzleloading. We have taken 7-8 in the last couple years and I have been pleasantly surprised at the effectiveness of the cartridge. Mild recoil and very accurate. Using the Winchester 150 Deer Season load. No deer has gone more than 30 yards or so, good blood trails etc.. Not hard to get at least 200 yards accurately. Have the Leopold scope that has the compensation dialed in for the .350 Legend

M
M
I've had a Ruger Ranch in 350 Legend for 3 years now.
3 200lb+ Bucks and a cow doe.
I use it in my stand for recoil and short barrel and 6lb weight.
This caliber is superb for deer and black bears.
Our whole camps uses it. 8lb recoil and hits like a friggin truck.
It's closest bullet would be 35 Remington of which I've used for 40 years.
It's a great caliber.
Put your bias away guys.

M
M
There is no comparison between 357 and 350 L.
350 legend is far superior in every way.
I have both. It's a powerhouse round for its size.

M
M
I like this thread
The more you hate it
The better it is for us for ammo
It sucks don't buy it.
Stay with 300 Win Mags

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ive just recently bought a 350 legend CVA scout SS earlier this year after hunting with black powder for as long as I can remember. I was actually looking for a 35 whelen but after a long discussion with the salesman, he made a good point. My shots for this rifle are 75 yards and closer, due to where I'm going to use it and its intent. So a 35 whelen was way overkill.

He also mentioned that Louisiana is only a handful of states that still allow a necked cartridge for primitive. He didn't say whether or not they will change the rule, but he did say that there are more states trying to go to a straight walled cartridge for primitive hunting. I tended to believe him due to the fact that he's in the business of selling and why stock up on a rifle that may or may not be legal in your state for certain hunting situations. I do also understand that a 35 is a hell of a round out to 200+ yards and could be used any time of the hunting season. But after talking to him a while about it, I bought the 350.

And with 150g winchester deer season XP ammo, it will put them damn near in the same hole at 75yards.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
There's a primitive weapons season in Mississippi that allows blackpowder muzzleloaders OR "single shot, breech loading, metallic cartridge rifles (.35 caliber or larger) and replicas, reproductions, or reproductions of those type rifles with an exposed hammer".

It looks like I can expand my hunting season a bit if I pick up a single-shot 350 Legend!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have no desire to own a 350 Legend rifle at this point but the CVA Scout pistol in 350 Legend has been on my mind lately.

You ain't about that life.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 2500HD, bapple, 13 invisible), 1,572 guests, and 964 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,053
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.