Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Buffalo Bore heavy 10mm 180gr hollow point ammo isn't bear ammo. I shot a cow 3 times in the side of the head - neck and one time between the eyes and never knocked her off her feet. After that ordeal I rotate the 220gr hard cast ammo as every other round in my magazine. If I hadn't seen it I'd never would of believed it.

Life is good live it while you can.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Buffalo Bore heavy 10mm 180gr hollow point ammo isn't bear ammo. I shot a cow 3 times in the side of the head - neck and one time between the eyes and never knocked her off her feet. After that ordeal I rotate the 220gr hard cast ammo as every other round in my magazine. If I hadn't seen it I'd never would of believed it.
As in beef cow or elk? No bueno.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
Really hope NOT to have first hand experience stopping frisky bears with a handgun. I’d be very grateful for entrance holes in charging bears; exit holes would be heavy 😊Thanks for the input!
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
Really hope NOT to have first hand experience stopping frisky bears with a handgun. I’d be very grateful for entrance holes in charging bears; exit holes would be heavy 😊Thanks for the input!

Dumb autocorrect! Exit holes would be GRAVY!

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

I highlighted the problem. Why do you alternate ineffective ammo in with [bleep] that works?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cwh2

I highlighted the problem. Why do you alternate ineffective ammo in with [bleep] that works?
Everyone knows bears require alternate loads... you know! Slug, 00 buck, slug, 00 buck, lather, rinse, repeat.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by cwh2

Everyone knows bears require alternate loads... you know! Slug, 00 buck, slug, 00 buck, lather, rinse, repeat.
LOL. Need any extra buck I might could find some. Last thing I
Actually it sure can be. Depends the bear and what you are doing. 180 xtps and 200 xtps kill very well with lung shots. VERY well.

There is a big difference in uses. Stopping vs hunting.

For me, stopping decent bears is where I carry no handgun and a large rifle. No shotguns. No handguns. OTOH when its only a slight chance handguns are handy. Ammo choice is always an issue even then. Am I hunting. Or am I responsible to stop a bear or moose etc... to save me or clients. Different situations. Different needs weapon and ammo wise.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Variety is the spies of life.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 48 invisible), 2,265 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,058
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.